Weekly BF

another question about latecy?

huricanechuck
1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
i'm on xbox1 . and usually right before a play online , i'll check my network statistics , but when i get into the game it will show something different, for example ,last nite my network was showing 75ms latency , but when i got into the it was shoing between 45-55ms , i know the latency can bounce up and down. but which one would be more accurate?

Comments

• TheSpeakerr
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Either your experiencing what's know as latincy variation which occurs when your connection to the server is not stable and your temporarily out of sync with the server or the server you are playing on is closer to your location but I'm not to sure about it.
  • disposalist
    8678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There have been some reports of servers not giving 'accurate' pings, but also the game server latency isn't quite the same thing as your ping would show anyway.
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    thanks folks . i've never had any severe lag issues. but there have been quite a few time where i've gotten killed or killed someone that just didn't seem right and i felt it was partially due to latency or lack thereof, but i'm sure we all have experiened that.