Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Lack of Content complaints doesn't hold water now.

ProAssassin2003
952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
When September gets here including the 2 Night Maps we are basically getting a entire new game minus the Campaign. Battlefield 1 launched with 9 maps and When TSAR launches we will have 8 new maps counting Night maps. Plus 10 new guns, modes, Operations and added progression system.

And this is just the second expansion. Pretty amazing value if you ask me.

Comments

• bran1986
    1774 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 15
    When September gets here including the 2 Night Maps we are basically getting a entire new game minus the Campaign. Battlefield 1 launched with 9 maps and When TSAR launches we will have 8 new maps counting Night maps. Plus 10 new guns, modes, Operations and added progression system.

Then three months after Tsar we get another expansion.
  • crabman169
    8170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

And that's just confirmed content

Nah Dice doesn't care aye

Lel Siege is dropping maps entirely whilst Dice is ADDING more
  • bran1986
    1774 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

I'm honestly really looking forward to how Battlefront 2 handles free content, guaranteed they get nothing close to Battlefield 1 in terms of content.
  • Private_UMPalot
    3320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 15
    8 maps [June/July night maps], 11 guns, melee weapons, new grenade, bomber plane, armoured truck vehicle, landing craft vessel, I heard there maybe a new elite but take that with a pinch of salt.

But you know that won't be enough for some people come November.
  • Yokoyaa
    110 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 15

I'm honestly really looking forward to how Battlefront 2 handles free content, guaranteed they get nothing close to Battlefield 1 in terms of content.

At the beginning, the premium of bf1 said we will got 16 new maps (4 per dlc) and now they don't say that anymore. Look like they realized the content was pretty light and now they want to add 2 more maps per dlc who is actually pretty good.
    Every DLC's were already finished but these 2 additional maps per DLC weren't planned till the beginning, maybe that's the reason why the 2 last French map are still not out and the release of In the name of the Tsar is pushed to 6 month waiting since the release of TSNP.
  • Private_UMPalot
    3320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah, I have a feeling we may get 6 maps per dlc, if you count the two night maps as delayed TSNP maps as well.

BF1 should be in a good place for content when all is said and done.
  • crabman169
    8170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

It's sounds alright; though I prefer the premium model as its a good indication of content.

Free dlc model leaves the doors open the devs to take forever (case in point Siege) etc.

• Private_UMPalot
    I hear Battlefront 2 will have micro transactions that actually improve stat's of things, rather than just cosmetic skins. If so that is a big no no.
  • Yokoyaa
    110 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah, I have a feeling we may get 6 maps per dlc, if you count the two night maps as delayed TSNP maps as well.

BF1 should be in a good place for content when all is said and done.

Yep bf1 is supposed to have 24 new maps with the premium who is totally worth the money, nobody is supposed to complain.
    Like you said, the 2 French maps are content of TSNP and are just late possibly because it wasn't planned, they also announced there will be 2 more maps for 2nd DLC so it's pretty logic the 3rd and the 4th DLC will have the same treatment.

For battlefront without premium pass don't even wait for 24 maps lol.
  • bran1986
    I hear Battlefront 2 will have micro transactions that actually improve stat's of things, rather than just cosmetic skins. If so that is a big no no.

That would be awful.
  • Private_UMPalot
    I cannot remember who said it, but they usually have the correct inside information about what is going on. But there isn't a major hissy fit about it, so either only that person knows, or they got it wrong.
  • bran1986

It's sounds alright; though I prefer the premium model as its a good indication of content.

Free dlc model leaves the doors open the devs to take forever (case in point Siege) etc.

I much prefer the premium model, I have been bitten one too many times by games going from subscription or paid content to "free to play." I really don't want to see Battlefield go down that road.
  • Vycinas2
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Considering that premium pass is close to standard game price and you get nothing special ( skins and battlepacks really ? ) so you get dlc maps which will be dead in couple months, yeah sure its a great value for your money, not.
  • GRIZZ11283
    1649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »

Considering that premium pass is close to standard game price and you get nothing special ( skins and battlepacks really ? ) so you get dlc maps which will be dead in couple months, yeah sure its a great value for your money, not.

Is that a fact they will be dead in a couple of months, or your opinion?

You may not think it's good value and there's an option for that, don't purchase premium.

I for one think it's good value, especially as I won't be getting battlefront, the DLC drops make the game last it's 2 year cycle.
  • Private_UMPalot
    you get nothing special

Many get hours of extra entertainment from the new maps and guns/vehicles. You don't, so you don't lose anything by not buying it.

• Vycinas2
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

Is that a fact they will be dead in a couple of months, or your opinion?

You may not think it's good value and there's an option for that, don't purchase premium.

I for one think it's good value, especially as I won't be getting battlefront, the DLC drops make the game last it's 2 year cycle.

My opinion based on previous Battlefield games
  • EvilSoul1321
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Very excited for the new content coming out but still having fun playing the base game. I also have premium an enjoy the TSNP maps and weapons.
  • AaronTheZombie
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 15
    I have never bought any DLC for maps. Maps are useless to me, it doesn't matter where I am playing. The content I want is new weapons and I haven't seen anything about new weapons between now and ItNotT.
  • NUT5ACK
    589 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Problem is, the maps are either shite or they are only playable in a DLC rotation.
    Only played 1 game on each of the TSNP maps. All of them choke points surrounded by sniper infested hills, yawn.
  • HardAimedKid
    8255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Are there 10 new guns with the tsar dlc?