Had disc bought PSN version...question

Duece09
185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I purchased the disc version of the game on release and have been playing that. My PS4 has been manually injecting my disks lately and I have not been able to fix the issue. I was thinking about just downloading the downloadable version on PSN as it is only $23. I know some downloadable versions of games and disc versions of games can be different and sometimes the save files don't transfer over. I don't really care about the single player save files but I wanted to make sure if I downloaded the downloadable version on PSN that all my online ranking and stuff like that will save. I am assuming yes As it is all linked to my PSN account and not necessarily the game at self but I wanted to make sure.

Comments

• Tullzter
    1075 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would say it's all linked to your PSN account as you said, but you'll probably need to delete the game before buying it digitally and re downloading it
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Duece09 wrote: »
    I purchased the disc version of the game on release and have been playing that. My PS4 has been manually injecting my disks lately and I have not been able to fix the issue. I was thinking about just downloading the downloadable version on PSN as it is only $23. I know some downloadable versions of games and disc versions of games can be different and sometimes the save files don't transfer over. I don't really care about the single player save files but I wanted to make sure if I downloaded the downloadable version on PSN that all my online ranking and stuff like that will save. I am assuming yes As it is all linked to my PSN account and not necessarily the game at self but I wanted to make sure.

Not sure where, but there was another thread similar to this where the player had to contact support in order to get his stats switched over to the new game. Not sure why it happened though.....
  • FF_smart27
    1965 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aren't stats kept server side?
    It shouldn't be a problem if you unisnstall the old version and then buy from psn.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    You'll need to delete the disk copy then download the PSN version the two aren't compatible. I did this with BF4. Your stats should still stay especially if it's still the same account as with the disk copy as they are held on EA side.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good to know.....
  • Duece09
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks
  • Baasdreumes
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Waw this might be a option i just got a midgame application data disk error the game crashed and it spitted out the disk :s