Right Analog Stick Issue

Duece09
185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm having a bit of an issue with my right analog stick on my controller. I at first thought it was my controller that was acting up (which would be weird it's some what new). However, after I've tested it with a few other games it only seems to occur with BF1. When Looking around sometimes playing BF1 with my right stick my guy turns/look speed it VERY SLOW. It only occurs when I look to the right with the right stick. When I look to the left with the right stick it's fine. This isn't an issue ALL the time when looking right with the right stick, but it happens enough to notice it big time. I know the look sensitivity settings and such. I've messed with these and everything and it does nothing. It's just weird that it's only when I look right with the right stick. Sounds like a controller issue but I don't have this problem with any other game. Anyone else come across this?

Comments

• qxqxxq
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You solved it ?
  • olarvlad
    123 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same here. It happens to me every time when I use the tank and zoom to shoot.
  • WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • DOLF-Christopher
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hello guy did you check on the deadzone ? A regular PS4 controller must have 6 % (pristine) to 10 % (worn) stick deadzone, and more you use the stick more the spring get worn ...
    For exemple my Left stick contol the tank advance, if i caress it, the spring stick is not centered, it cross the 6% now... I have to foward the deadzone to 7% now so when release it doesn't move the tank or make my character walk.
  • 1903_Dark_Eagle
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have the same issue.
  • Mudodelja
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2018
    The problem seems to be with the controller.
    I had the same problems with two almost new controllers, and is most noticeable in bf1 and rise of the tomb raider in my case, but in other games less noticeable, it depends on the appropriate sensitivity.

But first, to be sure, try another controller if you have it. If the problem is solved with another controller, then this is definitely right stick issues of the first controller (damaged copper ring-analog stick sensor, it's the same thing).
    The only solution is to replace the sensor or, unfortunately, to purchase a new controller.
    Post edited by Mudodelja on
  • dcs500
    1388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello guy did you check on the deadzone ? A regular PS4 controller must have 6 % (pristine) to 10 % (worn) stick deadzone, and more you use the stick more the spring get worn ...
    For exemple my Left stick contol the tank advance, if i caress it, the spring stick is not centered, it cross the 6% now... I have to foward the deadzone to 7% now so when release it doesn't move the tank or make my character walk.

Yep, if I set deadzone to 0 it will make a tank constantly creep forward and slowly spin.
  • Krkan_xD
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Turn off aim assist slowdown and auto rotation
  • dbibby1988
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mine did it a few years ago, but that was because my pad was broken. A new pad fixed it. Mine looked up slightly if I didnt press anything.
  • MurfCr
    1019 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was having that issue..turn off the Auto rotate and slow down. If you just have to use the Auto rotate okay...but ditch the slow down. I was getting it in vehicles and my player would turn very slow or not at all in a certain direction.
  • 1903_Dark_Eagle
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Eh, I don't use aim assist or auto rotation and I still have it.
  • Rasgyn_PS
    325 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    if you have deadzone to 0 then you will notice stickwear(?) from 1 week onwards with a new controller. Set it to where you dont creep at all. I suggest going into a singleplayer mission and keep on tinkering untill you dont go forward or left right. If you creep in a tank, you must be walking on foot while eating a sandwich in the kitchen. Enjoy your 3 days of utter frustration like i had when i decided to reset settings earlier this year, because a reset so now and then is healthy right?
  • kornek21
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Probably a stick issue? You might have a thumbstick that doesn't quite properly re-center. Because they made vehicle throttle a binary state even a tiny variation outside the deadzone can cause you to accelerate to full speed, and if you use hull-relative controls this can cause to to spin if the variation is to the side.
    I think the game's default deadzone is 15%, but a new Microsoft brand controller needs a 16% deadzone? You need to bump it up a percent, more if the springs are worn. I use a Razer brand controller and was able to back it off to 5% before things started drifting.

They do need to fix the ground collision though, tanks parked in or near craters have a tendency to bounce and vibrate uncontrollably.

this is a copy paste from a guy on youtube who answered me (catboy357) im posting it here with his permission.

i did what he wrote in that comment and it fixed the tank spinning issue, try it yourselves.