How long did it take you to grind out new level 10 guns?

Halcyon_Creed_N7
1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
About how long did it take you guys to get the new variants? It's taking me quite a while now. I don't play a lot, maybe a match or two a day, or every couple of days, but I find it really boring to only use these 4 weapons for so long and when I do switch it up I feel like I'm wasting kills. Only have like 100 on the Hellreigel and Martini and 50 with the 1906 and Huot.

I don't particularly like these guns, except the Martini, as they don't really fit my normal playstyle. Anyone have any tips on how to play to get kills more quickly? I tend to get an average of 25-30 kills per CQ match, but it still takes FOREVER... Not to mention I still need Rifle Grenade (I suck with these) and Limpet Charge kills.

At this rate it'll take me like 50-60 matches...

Comments

• hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    A couple days or so for the hell defensive and MH. I'm 3/4 the way through the huot...started in it at the beginning of the week. Lost hope with the 1906 halfway through. I may get back to it someday...when all the bullets count and the looped de loop barrel gets replaced.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    I only play on the weekends and, every other week, I get 3 day weekends due to my schedule. Anyways, it took 1 weekend to knock out the Huot and Hellreigel together. The following weekend I knocked out the Selbstlader and started the martini henry. Been working on the martini henry this weekend and already have @ 110 kills but it's slow going because I'm not overly fond the playstyle you have to use (hanging back, not being so aggressive.) After I finish it, the only thing left is the 5 headshots with the russian sniper rifle and I'll have all of the DLC weapons.
    Overall, i would estimate I've probably played around 30-ish rounds.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    hawcer wrote: »
    A couple days or so for the hell defensive and MH. I'm 3/4 the way through the huot...started in it at the beginning of the week. Lost hope with the 1906 halfway through. I may get back to it someday...when all the bullets count and the looped de loop barrel gets replaced.

And how many hours/matches do you play per day?
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It seems like every challenge includes something do-able, with something ridiculous. I got the Ribeye unlocked, but it took me forever to get what, 20 killing headshots with the MP18 optical. Ridiculous. I've been working on the Sjogren, and again the first part was OK.... but I'm about to give up now, because 15 kills in one round with the M97 Trench Gun Hunter is just something I'm never going to "git gud" enough to do. I feel like I'm running into battle with a fly swatter.
    I can understand the thought process behind making challenges in-game to work for, but when they make them ridiculously hard, it gets boring, and frustrating (considering I already paid for the game and the DLC).
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    It seems like every challenge includes something do-able, with something ridiculous. I got the Ribeye unlocked, but it took me forever to get what, 20 killing headshots with the MP18 optical. Ridiculous. I've been working on the Sjogren, and again the first part was OK.... but I'm about to give up now, because 15 kills in one round with the M97 Trench Gun Hunter is just something I'm never going to "git gud" enough to do. I feel like I'm running into battle with a fly swatter.
    I can understand the thought process behind making challenges in-game to work for, but when they make them ridiculously hard, it gets boring, and frustrating (considering I already paid for the game and the DLC).

I actually did some of the kills in a round stuff multiple times because I didn't know you had to do those last. But the 15 shotgun kills were fairly easy. I did them on the 1st game I tried and it was St. Quentin. Not even a good shotgun map, but I still managed to get the 15th kill in the final minute or so (started about halfway through the match). But the headshot thing was a pain. Accuracy in this game is a joke, so to HAVE to be accurate makes it that much more frustrating when you try and fail.

Other than that, what gets me are the high number of kills in requirements. It makes them feel really grindy and boring to me. I lost interest in the game even faster because I feel like I'm wasting time if I switch guns or classes, then it takes me even longer and I end up not playing for a few days to get over my boredom. Oh, well.
  • von_Campenstein
    6618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I actually did some of the kills in a round stuff multiple times because I didn't know you had to do those last. But the 15 shotgun kills were fairly easy. I did them on the 1st game I tried and it was St. Quentin. Not even a good shotgun map, but I still managed to get the 15th kill in the final minute or so (started about halfway through the match). But the headshot thing was a pain. Accuracy in this game is a joke, so to HAVE to be accurate makes it that much more frustrating when you try and fail.

Other than that, what gets me are the high number of kills in requirements. It makes them feel really grindy and boring to me. I lost interest in the game even faster because I feel like I'm wasting time if I switch guns or classes, then it takes me even longer and I end up not playing for a few days to get over my boredom. Oh, well.

If it bores you and you only play that little then perhaps skip the unlocks till they seem interesting? I know I dodged starring the MP18 Experimental and the Model 10-A Slug for the longest time but lately they've seen a lot of use.
  • Temp1st
    2493 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    5 days for everything going at a steady pace. Hellriegel i unlocked in one sitting.
  • MegaloDorian
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have the Selbstlader M1906 Sniper as I decided to knock that one out first. However, for the other three, I'm kind of alternating between them meow after 25 kills with each. I'm only half-way done with those.

Assignments can be "fun" so long as they're not overly grindy or have ludicrous requirements. I mean, when I buy the vanilla game and Premium/DLCs, I spend my money for the maps and guns, NOT for assignments that lock away the guns I've already paid for. It's getting real boring just being stuck with four (meow three) guns.
  • crabman169
    12849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Need mines kills for the Hel and slowly getting 300 kills with the Henry Martini

Unlocked the 1906 sniper first day after I updated then quickly unlockd the Huot optical soon after

Got my service star for the Huot optical and honestly was a bit sad to put it down

Haven't used the 1906 sniper yet
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    it seems like every time this sort of thread comes up, there are two responses: I need help with this assignment, and hey, I did them all in one day no problem and it's easy. Maybe instead of bragging, you could offer advice. @Temp1st I'm looking squarely at you, because when I didn't know how to use the FT-17 you gave me some extensive, well-thought-ought advice that I still use to this day. Why just come on here and tell everybody how good you are and how easy it is for you? Why not offer some advice?
  • ashar_saleem121
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The 25 mine kills and bayonet charges are proving to be a nuisance. I'm not actively trying to get them but the charge being so inconsistent and having been nerfed. It's a pain. I'll be running and try and charge but it'll just melee instead. I'll charge right over someone lying down. I'll charge and bump into someone but not kill them. It's minging me off big time
  • Temp1st
    2493 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't know if your are complementing me or crapping on me but thanks lol. I'm so confused right now but here ill tell you how i did it;

Hellriegel in 1 day: So i went onto Amiens and switched to the naz.. err German side and went and camped mines on the spawn point at F statue.
    I already use mines all the time so i know exactly were to place them to get maximum effect. I had all 25 mine kills done in about 2 matches of that, about 11 tank destroy's each time. Then i just went and found Shotgun forest maps and grinded that until i was at 300 kills.

Hout MG; This thing was a real POS but again i did a lot of maps with closer lines of fire like Shotgun forest and Suez to get this one done. Its one of those guns i unlocked and im never going to touch again, Back to BAR/MG15/Chauchat/Madesn.

Limpets were pretty easy, Go to suez and just limpet the sides of buildings that you think they are in.
    Another thing i did was on Fao Fortress there is a little single ladder outside the fortress that leads the only way up to a small tower that you can camp on, The staircase for that ladder is next to the two field guns pointed to the sea on the outside. As i hear infantry walk up id just throw a limpet off the side killing them. You can also throw limpets up the past the ladder and kill everyone on top to clear it if they are camping up there.

1906; This one was actually fun but somewhat frustrating the gun is way better than i first realised, Not much to say here just play maps that have head to head fighting. I found that the Mountain side of Grappa was a good place to get some consistent decent ranged fights in without exposing yourself too much like on say Giants Shadow.
    Got lots of kills with it on amiens as well. Avoid super close quarters, While it kills fast if you miss more than two shots your dead.

Rifle nade was super easy with a friend; Just have him roll ammo pouch and stick near you on Suez the pouch instant recharges all 3 grenades so you can spam them non stop.
    All 25 kills done in 1 match easily. (He had 250 resupply's at the end)

MHSniper: Not much to say here play like a no honour scout and camp back slightly behind the lines and pick people off, Suez is a god map for this gun.

Bayonet kills, This one comes down to RNG and how much the server hates you, It will be harder now since they removed the damage reduction, But try not to rage too hard if you slide off the enemy that you directly charged into.
  • James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I'd say your best bet for the 15 IAR m97 kills will be fort de vaux on 200% tickets if you're struggling chief
  • Sir-Smithsonian
    908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I haven't unlocked any of them and don't really plan on it. But according to @BaconRebellion I'm only playing half the game.
  • MegaloDorian
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I still need the AT mine kills. You see, I always kind of "know" where to set the AT mines, but it's always a royal pain in the rear to actually sneak to those areas without enemies spotting me. As such, most of my AT mine kills actually come from sneaking up on a camping tank/truck, setting down the mines, and then alerting the tank to force it to move and thus set off the explosives.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    It took me awhile because I liked to be very methodical about it and would rank each class one at a time. Like, I'd keep the 4 infantry classes together at the same ranks, I'd rank up one class then move along to the next, so on and so forth. Since I started olaying at launch, I think it took me like 2 months? ... or so to reach rank 10 in all 4 infantry classes

It felt great reaching rank 10 in each class together because I got awarded so many new guns! :)

For vehicles, I didn't do anything orderly.. I reached rank 10 for pilot first, then tanker...

last class was cavalry, which i rank 10'd not too long ago lol

Edit: I just realized y'all are talking about the new rank 10 guns lol *facepalm*

To answer that.. I don't even have one of those guns lol
    Post edited by AlotOfThunder on
  • Thumper2671
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    None, waste of time for me to be honest, and way too many kills for me (I play about twice a week). If I had to go for one, I'd try to get the scoped medic rifle.
  • crabman169
    12849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    it seems like every time this sort of thread comes up, there are two responses: I need help with this assignment, and hey, I did them all in one day no problem and it's easy. Maybe instead of bragging, you could offer advice. @ Temp1st I'm looking squarely at you, because when I didn't know how to use the FT-17 you gave me some extensive, well-thought-ought advice that I still use to this day. Why just come on here and tell everybody how good you are and how easy it is for you? Why not offer some advice?

Realistically it's just a tedious task. Keep at it with the weapons and ask for help on them if needed (e.g. What is best for the 1906 etc ^ which I can concur on Monte Grappa being an excellent map for it)

The secondary parts; persistence.

You can get them all through natural play rather then grinding it out but it'll just take a bit longer depending on your playstyle

I would preferred:
    Hel Def
    - 100 kills with Hel
    - 5 tanks destroyed
    - 5 tanks disabled

1906 sniper
    - 100 1906 kills
    - 50 heals
    - 50 revives

Huot Optical
    - 100 Huot kills
    - 50 resupplies
    - 25 repairs

Martini Sniper
    - 100 martini kills
    - 25 spot assists
    - 25 spot flare assists

More natural, less of a grind, better for everyone
  • gets__tilted
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I got all done in say alittle over a week. I also work 12 hour swing shifts so it can be attained while living a normal life.

My biggest tip would be to do each one at a time. Meaning, don't switch back and forth. I was doing that and it seemed to bog progress down and made the whole scope of it feel alot worse.

These assignments may seem impossible to some as i've read but they are definitly doable. if you just do 1 at a time you'll be suprised how fast you can complete.

If anybody needs help on playstation hit me up. I got the mines done in less then 10 matches.
  • ZumbiSnatch
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    I tried doing them simultaneously took me 10+ gaming sessions over a few days to finish. The hardest being the 1906, the easiest being the Hellriegel.