Weekly BF

my turn to spill some salt.

huricanechuck
1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
i run moslty support, and i drop so many ammo crates , i should get cited for littering. yesterday i ran across another support player with the ammo icon above his head , i didn't drop any ammo for him ,after the game i got a not so friendly msg from him. my reply was , if your running support, i'm not dropping ammo for you, you should have your own, i will gladly drop ammo for my fellow assaults, and medics , especially those who cover my back ,or revive/heal. i'll even drop ammo for a hillhumping sniper, but i will NOT drop ammo for a support who runs mortor and crossbow ,both are nice cheap kill gadgets, choose one and an ammo pouch/crate.

Comments

• sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sounds like discrimination to me
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I give up ammo to all teammates.

You don't turn on guys because of a setup. Maybe the guy was experimenting for a round since both replenish over time.

You get points regardless, why step on your own toes?
  • DaMutha1
    1266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sound like you missed out on points and hurt your team just to make a point that will be completely ignored. gg
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    APBT wrote: »

You don't turn on guys because of a setup. Maybe the guy was experimenting for a round since both replenish over time.

maybe i was too hard on him , i guess at the time it just rubbed me the wrong way.
  • Djoenz
    726 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I do agree some people are misusing their classes, but however though what if some are doing medals? It is within their right to do whatever they please no matter how cheap it is. What I do think is a bit idiotic is the fact he actually sent you a message hahaha. That is priceless.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Imo, it doesn't promote a great play style if you give a support ammo? It's a teamwork based game and everyone has a "job" to do regarding their class. A support that doesn't have ammo is just as bad as a medic that doesn't heal and revive, a sniper that doesn't spot or cover, or assault that doesn't kill or cap..... And should not be helped or encouraged in any way, especially play that seems such a selfish manner?!
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

maybe i was too hard on him , i guess at the time it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Yeah I've picked up kits and were ticked off to not see similiar setups but get your points and help the guy out he or she may not know.

I've also thought I equiped a kit and went to throw down ammo and nothing. lol

It happens.

Get them points always.
  • TomBabmo
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Is there some kind of automatic ammo request thingy now because I constantly saw ammo icons on top of people's heads but they didn't seem to want any ammo? Almost felt like they were trolling me.
  • GiovannY-398
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TomBabmo wrote: »
    Is there some kind of automatic ammo request thingy now because I constantly saw ammo icons on top of people's heads but they didn't seem to want any ammo? Almost felt like they were trolling me.

Yes, ammo requests are automatically generated.
  • TomBabmo
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2017

To me that's pretty stupid as now I can't tell who's really in need of ammo. I lost count with those situations where I saw bunch of people having icons on top of them so I went in and throw my crate down and all of them just ran away, then I couldn't throw another one for a while because of cooldown when I really needed to. Now it's like roles are reversed, I try to give ammo but people just keep running away from me for crying out loud lol. Ammo bar on top of people showing their ammo status similar to BF2 would be a lot better.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TomBabmo wrote: »

To me that's pretty stupid as now I can't tell who's really in need of ammo. I lost count with those situations where I saw bunch of people having icons on top of them so I went in and throw my crate down and all of them just ran away, then I couldn't throw another one for a while because of cooldown when I really needed to. Now it's like roles are reversed, I try to give ammo but people just keep running away from me for crying out loud lol. Ammo bar on top of people showing their ammo status similar to BF2 would be a lot better.

This is why I use pouches more often than crates. Cooldown time. I only run the crates if I'm at an objective or map that has many choke points throughout...... Pouches only supply one person but are so much quicker and can be "pitched" to someone while maintaining your cover. ......
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I do laugh when as a support player I get other support player asking for AMMO.
  • jjsf24
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hmmmm not sure i agree here, i mean hes still your team mate just drop it for him, free points!
  • TomBabmo
    edited June 2017
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    This is why I use pouches more often than crates. Cooldown time. I only run the crates if I'm at an objective or map that has many choke points throughout...... Pouches only supply one person but are so much quicker and can be "pitched" to someone while maintaining your cover. ......

I guess this forces me to use pouches as well. Sorry nade spammers and others, in case pouches don't supply all items. I just don't like the idea of dropping a crate every few meters for escaping false ammo request people, more of a chance for enemy to benefit of my crates too.
    Post edited by TomBabmo on
  • trip1ex
    4878 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just drop ammo. I agree it's lame to not select the crate/pouch as Support, but it's worse if you select the ammo crate and then don't give it out.

PLus maybe the guy picked up the kit or is playing with a loadout for a round. Maybe he saw there was 10 other support guys and so he chose not to carry ammo.

I had a medic in my squad, who towards the end of the round said he wouldn't drop a med kit for me because he doesn't do that for campers. All just because I was on the roof at C on Ballroom. The big fat irony being that literally no one is more focused on playing the "team game" day in and day out as I am. I just happened to find myself on the roof that round and ended staying there because our team wasn't competitive and the enemy didn't get us off. I wouldn't be so quick to pass judgement on a player based off one round or part of a round. Even some of us "tryhards," as objective players are sometimes called, slack off once in a great while.

If anything I blame the game for the fact you can select Medic or Support and choose to not carry the ability to revive/heal guys or pass out ammo and yet still show up as a Medic or Support player on the battlefield.
  • V2Face
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i run moslty support, and i drop so many ammo crates , i should get cited for littering. yesterday i ran across another support player with the ammo icon above his head , i didn't drop any ammo for him ,after the game i got a not so friendly msg from him. my reply was , if your running support, i'm not dropping ammo for you, you should have your own, i will gladly drop ammo for my fellow assaults, and medics , especially those who cover my back ,or revive/heal. i'll even drop ammo for a hillhumping sniper, but i will NOT drop ammo for a support who runs mortor and crossbow ,both are nice cheap kill gadgets, choose one and an ammo pouch/crate.

As a support main. Your main job is to drop ammo for teammates if you aren't doing that you are using support wrong.
  • blikkum
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It is funny to see support and medics ask for ammo or medcrates, but my packs don't discriminate and it helps your fellow teammates. But like I said it is funny to see it.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Supports who run artillery/crossbow are dumb.
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    I drop ammo for other support players all the time. One of my favorite activities is to destroy any competing ammo box and throw mine in place .

Oh yah and I wanted to say 'sounds like you need to spill more ammo'
  • Leonardo_1966
    74 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    full951 wrote: »
    I drop ammo for other support players all the time. One of my favorite activities is to destroy any competing ammo box and throw mine in place .

lol :P