Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Siege of Shanghai and Golmund Railway

V2Face
1600 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Is there any reason why most servers are only these two maps? I feel like they are absolutely terrible maps. Most players will spend majority of the time camping the tower on shanghai spamming the elevators with explosives. Golmund is bad because there is way too many tanks.

Comments

• MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    929 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    Is there any reason why most servers are only these two maps? I feel like they are absolutely terrible maps. Most players will spend majority of the time camping the tower on shanghai spamming the elevators with explosives. Golmund is bad because there is way too many tanks.

Vehicle players own those servers.
  • rock1obsta
    3089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Golmud is one of the 3 best maps. Whether I use a tank or just hoof it across the map, I love the openness, but also A, B, & C flags for the intense fighting.

Shanghai is absolute garbage for the exact reason you specified. Whenever it comes up & I'm playing, I use support and spam C4 on the tower til it falls because I don't want anybody hiding out up there.
  • okachuka
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I dont understand that why there's so many shangai only servers eighter but golmud, that's most likely my favourite map. That map offers the best vehicular play in my opinion and playing as an infy is no problem eighter
  • bananahead81
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Shanghai is the attack chopper pilot map. He's the one that kicks you if you spawn into it, or hit him with a stinger. Golmund is general vehicle map, good for them all really. I don't mind either map really, but in fairness dragon valley beats them for me.
  • PuttPigeon
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I understand the frustration of getting kicked because you used a lock on or because you spawned In the "admins" chopper. That's exactly why we bought a server... dragon valley, siege of Shanghai and silk road are the rotation s, all big maps.... come check it out guys. Nobody will get kicked for using anything that the game offers..
  • bananahead81
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    PuttPigeon wrote: »
    I understand the frustration of getting kicked because you used a lock on or because you spawned In the "admins" chopper. That's exactly why we bought a server... dragon valley, siege of Shanghai and silk road are the rotation s, all big maps.... come check it out guys. Nobody will get kicked for using anything that the game offers..

Me and a few friends ran a server for a long time on BF3 with exactly same sentiment. Are you on Xbox One? If so please let me know the name of the server. Most of my friends are from Europe but we have a couple in US, so hope it wont be an issue for us to play.
  • PuttPigeon
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Not a problem.... the only issue I've ever had playing with other countries is that some have over powered weapons as a compensation for their poor internet i guess. Please come play, it's HVT DRAGONSIEGESILK 24/7 on Xbox one
  • KaaDaver
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Golmund is the test range for me, I play that map for a warm up or a wind down lol
  • Brazil85
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They're two of the more popular maps (I'd lump Locker and Hainan in there too, but I haven't played either of those lately). I can see the appeal, especially if you love vehicles. I'm more partial to Siege myself. For my play style it's a good map. The only issue I have is finding a server that has no "rules".