Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Accuracy over 100%

TheNewDevilry
12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Saw a guy in a match with 111% accuracy. How is that possible?

Comments

• W4rH0rse
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Shotguns/Explosive weapons.
  • TheNewDevilry
    Okay. So it doesn´t only count wether you hit or not. If you hit two targets with one shot it counts is as two hits, right?
  • Turban_Legend80
    3353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Okay. So it doesn´t only count wether you hit or not. If you hit two targets with one shot it counts is as two hits, right?

Right.
    Although sometimes its difficult to understand.
    I've had over 600% accuracy in a tank before. And i've seen higher.
  • TheNewDevilry
    Okay. Didn´t know that.

Well if I hit a chopper with a rocket and kill 4 players wit it. Does it count as one hit (the chopper), 4 hits (killed players) or 5 hits (players + chopper) or what?

I think accuracy should simply measure whether you hit or miss. I shouldn´t matter how many targets you hit. Therefore the max accuracy should be 100% (and it should mean that you don´t miss. ever.)
  • Turban_Legend80
    edited June 19
    Okay. Didn´t know that.

Well if I hit a chopper with a rocket and kill 4 players wit it. Does it count as one hit (the chopper), 4 hits (killed players) or 5 hits (players + chopper) or what?

I think accuracy should simply measure whether you hit or miss. I shouldn´t matter how many targets you hit. Therefore the max accuracy should be 100% (and it should mean that you don´t miss. ever.)

Welcome to DICE logic. Your guess is asgood as mine.

A shotgun will count a hit for every pellet that hits the same target from just one shot.

• TheNewDevilry
    Yeah, but if all the pellets hit it´s 100% accuracy. So if one misses it´s less than 100%. So if half pellets hit one target and some hit another target and some miss it´s still less than 100% pellets hitting targets. And that´s how it should be. And in this simple logic accuracy should never be over 100%.

Same with auto weapons. If all you rounds in one burst hit it´s 100% accuracy. If you miss one it´s not.

If a tank shell hits and wounds 3 infantry players it should be counted 1 hit because 1 shell was used. Therefore max accuracy for that shell would be 100%.

Accuracy should tell how effectively you use you ammo. Would be nice it one stat in this game is not somehow unclear or buggered...
  • Turban_Legend80
    Yeah, but if all the pellets hit it´s 100% accuracy. So if one misses it´s less than 100%. So if half pellets hit one target and some hit another target and some miss it´s still less than 100% pellets hitting targets. And that´s how it should be. And in this simple logic accuracy should never be over 100%.

Same with auto weapons. If all you rounds in one burst hit it´s 100% accuracy. If you miss one it´s not.

If a tank shell hits and wounds 3 infantry players it should be counted 1 hit because 1 shell was used. Therefore max accuracy for that shell would be 100%.

Accuracy should tell how effectively you use you ammo. Would be nice it one stat in this game is not somehow unclear or buggered...

It works for anything that fires one projectile that doesnt have splash damage.

Going back to your shotgun anology, if just one pellet hits the target you are aiming for, it should be 100% accuracy, no? You shot once, and you hit your target.
  • Mikex2112
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 19
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/660967417869873984/216688632/

I shot down a fully loaded heli and a got a few double kills by shooting motorcycles.
    All with only one shot per vehicle...Hence the 500+ accuracy.
  • Turban_Legend80
    Anybody know if a BAR collateral is more than 100%?
  • TheNewDevilry
    edited June 19
    Going back to your shotgun anology, if just one pellet hits the target you are aiming for, it should be 100% accuracy, no? You shot once, and you hit your target.

No, I don´t think so. You shot once and release (let´s say) hundred pellets. 45 of them hit the target so you get 45% accuracy.

If it would be like you suggest then you would be able to spray with sustained fire a full belt of 200 rounds with LMG and if just one round hits you would get 100% accuracy. And that seems not to be the case. I mean accuracy numbers are normally something around 15 to 30% and that seems low if you get 100% if just one bullet from every burst hits.

• Turban_Legend80

No, I don´t think so. You shot once and release (let´s say) hundred pellets. 45 of them hit the target so you get 45% accuracy.

If it would be like you suggest then you would be able to spray with sustained fire a full belt of 200 rounds with LMG and if just one round hits you would get 100% accuracy. And that seems not to be the case. I mean accuracy numbers are normally something around 15 to 30% and that seems low if you get 100% if just one bullet from every burst hit.

No, thats not right. You'd only fire the shotgun once. You'd make the lmg fire 200 times.
    This is all hypothetical of course.

Like i've already said, the accuracy stat works fine for any gun that fires just one prejectile and has no splash damage. This includes all lmgs (apart from the pick up m60 on Outbreak).

I dont know how the accuracy stat works for shotguns. It definitely isnt worked out on the % of pellets that hit. Most people who use shotguns with buckshot have accuracy over 100%.
  • TheNewDevilry
    Yeah that seems to be the case.

So if I want to pad my accuracy the best way would be to take the Javelin to Silk Road and hunt some fully loaded bikes or run around the central flag with buckshot shottie? :)
  • Turban_Legend80
    Yeah that seems to be the case.

So if I want to pad my accuracy the best way would be to take the Javelin to Silk Road and hunt some fully loaded bikes or run around the central flag with buckshot shottie? :)

IFV with zunis or a Tank would be the best way to get high accuracy.
  • Crimson-Knight-1
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Try and 100% with any LMG, I'm about 97% off it.
  • djoctopus70
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I have seen people in APC firing TOW missile only get over 100%, I thought it was a hack because of all the cross map kills with the tow.