Standars issue rifles on ALL classes

SFSeventh
266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
When you scroll down on every class page in the main menu there is a list of standard issue rifles available. I found this interesting.
Why is that there and more importantly why cant we use them ?
It would be a very nice addition, i'd love to play with an infantry bolt action rifle on other classes.
While the back to basics gamemode was popular it felt pretty great.
Cmon dice, we all know you can do it with the flick of a switch, and that custom gamemode is solid proof it can be done.

Comments

• kronixtoast
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Should be on operations too. Everybody gets their specific standard issue rifle on what faction they are.
  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Should be on operations too. Everybody gets their specific standard issue rifle on what faction they are.

i wouldnt go as harsh as to make them faction specific (italians dont have one and the americans too because there is no infantry 1903).
    But i agree that this should be an option on all gamemodes
  • CH1R0N83
    707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I could go for that. I like running a bolt action but I'm not too fussed about the scout class. They could have 'rifleman' variants that operate in the same way as the m95, e.g. no sweet spot but higher rate of fire and more consistent damage across all ranges.
  • SFSeventh
    Yeah i mean it's a ww1 game, and i'd love to push the immersion a little bit more :D
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I really miss the SiR mode. Back to basics is cool and all, I just don't like being forced into faction specific weapons.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Even on Standard. non-custom game modes it would be nice to have a single faction-specific SIR option available for every class.

In general, I like the design choice to make the classes have very defined roles. But sometimes your team just REALLY needs more AT/Medical/Resupply kits, but the main fighting front just isn't conducive to the effective range of those kits' primary weapons.
  • TheMightyHog
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

i wouldnt go as harsh as to make them faction specific (italians dont have one and the americans too because there is no infantry 1903).
    But i agree that this should be an option on all gamemodes

There is.

I was just wondering this, last night I played on a server (I don't know which one) which had standard bolt-action rifles enabled for each class, faction specific.

The American side had a basic 1903 with bayonet and iron sights.

It was great, but today they are not there. Is this server specific? It is an actual server option setting?

It should be the standard.
  • Led0rus
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SMLE Infantry and can heal? Yes please.
  • Troopperfofo
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This would be awesome and it would add at least some more variety.

Thow it would be a little difficult as we don't have the Carcano for the Italians or a M1917 Enfield for the US thow I guess the M1903 will suffice.

• BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    For those that don't know, Back to Basics Conquest is where you get access to all-class faction specific Standard Issue Rifles and when you play on the American side of Argonne Forest or Ballroom Blitz you get access to the M1903 Infantry which is known as just the M1903 and is not available in regular multiplayer.

On Xbox there is usually one near full Back to Basics Conquest game running throughout the day and to find it just go to the server browser and do a search for "Back to Basics", then sort by players and keep refreshing and you will find it.

The map rotation is limited in Back to Basics, it's only Amiens, Giant's Shadow, Argonne Forest, Ballroom Blitz, Sinai Desert, Empire's Edge and Monte Grappa are used.

All rifles and shotguns as well as tanks and planes are disabled except for the standard issue rifles.

Each faction has access to only one type of standard issue rifle which are the infantry versions of that type of scout rifle:

British - SMLE
    Americans - M1903
    Germans - Gewehr 98
    Ottomans - Martini-Henry
    Italians - Russian 1895
    Austro-Hungarians - Gewehr M.95

These 6 guns are listed separately from the other Scout Rifles under each of the four main classes In the Soldier Menu under Weapons & Gadgets and can be service starred.

The French Lebel 1886 is also listed there but is, as far as I know, not accessible yet as none of the french dlc maps are available to play in a Back to Basics Conquest game.

• SFSeventh
    BoWinston wrote: »
    For those that don't know, Back to Basics Conquest is where you get access to all-class faction specific Standard Issue Rifles and when you play on the American side of Argonne Forest or Ballroom Blitz you get access to the M1903 Infantry which is known as just the M1903 and is not available in regular multiplayer.

On Xbox there is usually one near full Back to Basics Conquest game running throughout the day and to find it just go to the server browser and do a search for "Back to Basics", then sort by players and keep refreshing and you will find it.

The map rotation is limited in Back to Basics, it's only Amiens, Giant's Shadow, Argonne Forest, Ballroom Blitz, Sinai Desert, Empire's Edge and Monte Grappa are used.

All rifles and shotguns as well as tanks and planes are disabled except for the standard issue rifles.

Each faction has access to only one type of standard issue rifle which are the infantry versions of that type of scout rifle:

British - SMLE
    Americans - M1903
    Germans - Gewehr 98
    Ottomans - Martini-Henry
    Italians - Russian 1895
    Austro-Hungarians - Gewehr M.95

These 6 guns are listed separately from the other Scout Rifles under each of the four main classes In the Soldier Menu under Weapons & Gadgets and can be service starred.

The French Lebel 1886 is also listed there but is, as far as I know, not accessible yet as none of the french dlc maps are available to play in a Back to Basics Conquest game.

Yes we all know, but the back to basics servers are almost unextistant on pc. Rather than restricting the fun to a single gamemode they should do the smart thing and enable standard issue rifles on all CQ servers.
  • SFSeventh
    Led0rus wrote: »

I'd actually use them a lot on assault and medic because i really really dislike all the weapons in those two classes.
  • SliceNaToooR
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'd actually use them a lot on assault and medic because i really really dislike all the weapons in those two classes.

I would strictly play medic, if I could have a Bolt Action riffle with that class.
    Now, I spend most of my time playing an aggressive scout.

Once in a while, I'll switch to medic, but I can't really find a weapon that truly suits me.
  • Narcizeus
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Back to Basics is a great and there are actually lots of servers officially dedicated for this game mode.. the problem is they are empty %80 of the time...

And i think the reason behind this is that most people doesn't even know that game modes existence...
  • SliceNaToooR
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Supocan wrote: »
    Back to Basics is a great and there are actually lots of servers officially dedicated for this game mode.. the problem is they are empty %80 of the time...

And i think the reason behind this is that most people doesn't even know that game modes existence...

Yeah, I never was able to find one, on PC. :(
  • ElliotLH
    7742 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    slu1ce wrote: »

I would strictly play medic, if I could have a Bolt Action riffle with that class.

Once in a while, I'll switch to medic, but I can't really find a weapon that truly suits me.

Have you tried the 1906 or RSC? If you've got good accuracy them might be worth a try if you haven't already.
  • SliceNaToooR
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Have you tried the 1906 or RSC? If you've got good accuracy them might be worth a try if you haven't already.

Yup,

They both can be really rewarding.
    But they can also be frustrating, if you are slightly off. The RSC has a pretty intense recoil that you need to get use to. Getting the rhythm down is a must. I also find that bullets seem to go all over the place when ADS'ing and a target that is somewhat far away.

The 1906 doesn't give you a lot of margin of error. I just hate that I can't really comfortably take 2 ennemies at once with it. More often than no, I will end up using (or abusing) my pistol with it. I'm primarily using the 1906 right now, to unlock the sniper variant.

They both remind me of the Martini-Henry, in the sens that I always have this phrase in mind when thinking of all 3 of them : "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility."
  • Solid_SkG
    1134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with OP i love playing with S.I.R and imho every class should have one bolt action rifle since the release of bf1,its not gamebreaking neither unbalanced from the other hand it adds more variety.

For those who are playing on pc there are 3 great semi hardcore servers with standard issue rifles on called ENAW,give it a try if you love playing with S.I.R.

We SHOULD have operations in server browser just to make it even more fun,it would be nice having back to basics operations,hardcore operations,custom operations with standard issue rifles etc etc....
  • Fhurstinator
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Id love this. I play almost soley scout because i want to use the infantry bolt action rifles. The Lebel being my new favourite, i mean damn is that rifle cool or what!?

If I could roll with bolt action on other classes id probably play support. I just love blowing up walls with the limpet charge!

WW1 for me means bolt action, shovels and gas. So for now im stuck on scout with the boring scout gadgets.
  • ElliotLH
    7742 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Yup,

They both can be really rewarding.
    But they can also be frustrating, if you are slightly off. The RSC has a pretty intense recoil that you need to get use to. Getting the rhythm down is a must. I also find that bullets seem to go all over the place when ADS'ing and a target that is somewhat far away.

The 1906 doesn't give you a lot of margin of error. I just hate that I can't really comfortably take 2 ennemies at once with it. More often than no, I will end up using (or abusing) my pistol with it. I'm primarily using the 1906 right now, to unlock the sniper variant.

They both remind me of the Martini-Henry, in the sens that I always have this phrase in mind when thinking of all 3 of them : "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility."

It's a pity they don't work better for you as to my mind they're the closest to the bolt action rifles in the scout class. I also sometimes forget that when I use the 1906 it's (hopefully) in 1v1 close combat where I can dump 5 rounds in to them quickly and get to cover. Definitely harder for multiple enemies up close but it can be done with a bit of dancing around and long range just means pacing your shots - I probably don't need to tell you about positioning though as you'll be no doubt used to this. I'm on console though so the AA probably does me quite a lot of favours.

Your quote pretty much sums it up - they're powerful guns by oh my can they be punishing haha.