The Defend the Frontlines Mission rewards will be deployed on August 21st. Thanks for your patience.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

High CPU usage after June update!

darkpassenger_br
42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I was playing BF1 just fine untill the newest update. Now I can't stop having 100% cpu usage, stuttering, mouse lag and fps drops!

Before the update it was normal!

My specs:

I5 6600k
Gtx 1070 8gb
32gb of RAM Corshair

Comments

• mr_ako74
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    same here, its very inconsistent now. used to run great

i5 4670K@4.2
    16 ram
  • DeLtAuk2004
    850 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mr_ako74 wrote: »
    same here, its very inconsistent now. used to run great

i5 4670K@4.2
    16 ram

That's worrying I have same setup accept an inferior gpu .not had chance to update yet . (Gulp)
  • Niqim
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here :sweat:

i5 4690
    16 GB ram
  • Morrowseer
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 25

Same here, Used to be able to run ultra at 60fps, now it's dropping below 30 for me when even when intensive fights aren't happening. Same setup as you
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    662 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I haven't noticed any change regarding FPS since the update.
    I only get more network icons pop up and have worse ping.
  • Th3St1ng
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No change here. Server performance icon seems to be showing a bit more lately though.
  • Horizontalmente
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was having the same issues, before june patch the game was running really good. What i did was updating my gpu drivers (378.49 -> 382.53) and lower down the post process effects to medium and it worked fine.

My specs are:
    i5 4440
    GTX 970
    16 gb ram

Hope it helps you guys :(
  • Haventone
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 25
    I'm really new to BF1 and since my rig is really new as well (~3 weeks) I was worried that it might be an hardware issue (I'm still a little, but since I'm not the only one with these issues it's becoming less likely). So, same for me here, since the last Update im getting plenty of warning labels with the fps-warning beeing the most frequent one. I'm getting fps drops to 50fps, and in between the game doesn't run on smooth 60fps any more too. Pretty sure it was previously. Neither the CPU nor the GPU load reaches 100%.

Ryzen 5 1600x / GTX 1060 6GB / 16GB RAM, Dual ranked, dual channel (2x8GB), @ 2667MHz
  • Zavala451
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same I've gone from 70+ to below 10 at times, especially just about every map. Huge frame rate drops across the board (gtx 1060 6GB)
  • Kajjal
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    When FPS drops check taskmanager to see what is taking up CPU. All kinds of things start in the background that cause FPS to drop, many can be removed or disabled.
  • darkpassenger_br
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    A did a clean install with DDU but the problem persists... I am wondering if the windows creators update will improve anything, I am downloading it now
  • mr_ako74
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    dont hold your hopes on the creators update, for a lot of people it actually made things worse
  • BACKYARDBULLY38
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I7 6700k z170 msi a slight plus EVGA 1070 16gb dimm. I notice the only person saying it was playing fine was the one with the 7th gen 7700k .... Hope this don't mean my hardware is outdated?
  • PcPAirgun
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I7 6700k z170 msi a slight plus EVGA 1070 16gb dimm. I notice the only person saying it was playing fine was the one with the 7th gen 7700k .... Hope this don't mean my hardware is outdated?

It's just the usual Performance drop for some People after the last Patch. More "Optimization" from Dice. Nothing to worry.
  • 5nnuggles
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My game is laggy since the update also, when flying its fine until i nose down and go for strafing runs, it gets real choppy. A bit noticable when in big firefights as infantry also.

Was never like this, always ran fine no lag no studder :\
  • DeLtAuk2004
    850 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 26
    Finally had chance to update today and test ,all seems same for me if not slightly better to be honest , new map seemed to run fine and TSNP maps were running fine (these used to be iffy for me) no warning icons only server icon occasionly but that happened before no latency or fps warnings will test some more when can

After more testing I can confirm for me the game runs better after the update running w7 and nvidia driver 376.33
  • NamelessForNow
    672 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Finally had chance to update today and test ,all seems same for me if not slightly better to be honest , new map seemed to run fine and TSNP maps were running fine (these used to be iffy for me) no warning icons only server icon occasionly but that happened before no latency or fps warnings will test some more when can

After more testing I can confirm for me the game runs better after the update running w7 and nvidia driver 376.33

Amiens and San quientin are a stuttering laggy mess for me since the update. TSNP is fine as are the other vanilla maps.
  • DeLtAuk2004
    tstang79 wrote: »

Amiens and San quientin are a stuttering laggy mess for me since the update. TSNP is fine as are the other vanilla maps.

I sometimes put some of those issues down to a dodgy server only played half a round of amiens so can't really comment on that but didn't seem any worse .
  • Kajjal
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Each update means the game runs a little slower. If your PC just about coping with BF1 this can like my old PC successive updates push it into poorer performance. My old PC was fine when BF1 was first released.

On my current PC no problems so far except one version of the driver cut FPS so I reverted back to 17.4.4.
  • NamelessForNow
    672 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 26
    tstang79 wrote: »

I sometimes put some of those issues down to a dodgy server only played half a round of amiens so can't really comment on that but didn't seem any worse .

Don't think it's a server issue. It's actually been happening to me for about 3 weeks now. FPS prior were @140 with cpu usage @30%
    (I7 6900k titan x pascal). Now I'm lucky to get 80 FPS with cpu spikes up to 90%. Just those 2 maps. All others are fine. Even at 80 FPS, severe stuttering, hitching. Feels like 20 FPS