This Week in Battlefield V

Saber vs Armored Sentry

BoWinston
952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited June 2017
So I was playing TDM on Suez yesterday and was unfortunately put on the crap team where we were getting decimated. The other team of course got the Villar Perosa Sentry and was wrecking us even worse.

Me being the best player on my crap team I wanted to get rid of the Sentry, so I snuck up behind him and swung away repeatedly with my puzzle built Saber and the Saber just kept clinking off the Sentry's armor and of course after 3 clinks the Sentry turned around and destroyed me and he had +100 health.

Is this correct? The Saber has no effect against Armored Sentries?! This makes it a useless weapon! I would rather have a club!

Comments

• MarxistDictator
    4907 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    No melee has effect on a sentry or trench raider. They can only be take down killed with them if they're at low health or from behind. Edit: bayonets and mounted cavalry will kill but they're obviously huge exceptions
  • BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No melee has effect on a sentry or trench raider. They can only be take down killed with them if they're at low health or from behind. Edit: bayonets and mounted cavalry will kill but they're obviously huge exceptions

I was from behind, and I swung three times and it kept making a clinking sound and didn't do anything.
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Melee weapons cam take down armored sentry's from the back in one hit regardless of their health level. It's only the front that has no effect on.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This has happened to me a handful of times as well. Stand directly behind elite class and sometimes all I hear is clink clink clink. Only thing I can think of is maybe they are lagging really bad and we aren't actually behind them even though it looks like we are. Sort of like when you get the full melee animation when you have 100 health and someone stabs you from the front. I chalk it up to mysterious lag although it could just be some sort of bug.
  • MarxistDictator
    4907 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Melee weapons cam take down armored sentry's from the back in one hit regardless of their health level. It's only the front that has no effect on.

The melee weapon determines the range you will one hit kill auto detect from the back. I've seen what you're describing often, I use the heavy melees which have little if any wiggle room for the hit. It seems like a TF2 back stab at a much less forgiving angle depending on what you're using (knives have the best melee range but the worst damage).