This Week in Battlefield V

Is any new DLC worth releasing?

El-Sid-James
128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
In reality is it even worth it? With the new stuff released in June, not many seem to play any of it. Operations is a dead duck, TSNP maps rarely played. What is the split between Vanilla and Premium players 80/20?
DLC seems to last about a week, then pretty much gone. Is there gonna be many about to even play the 3 DLCs that are lined up. Maybe EA/Dice should switch to the pricing model that SWB2 will have and make it all inclusive somehow...

Comments

• Blackidus
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It´s to late to change the DLC model for BF1, the next game might have the same model as SWBF2 though.
  • Esk1m0z4mb1k
    226 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In reality is it even worth it? With the new stuff released in June, not many seem to play any of it. Operations is a dead duck, TSNP maps rarely played. What is the split between Vanilla and Premium players 80/20?
    DLC seems to last about a week, then pretty much gone. Is there gonna be many about to even play the 3 DLCs that are lined up. Maybe EA/Dice should switch to the pricing model that SWB2 will have and make it all inclusive somehow...

Why do you ask something if you already have an answer?

IMO your problem is region-related : PC EU here, the game is more than healthy and I can find both vanilla and TSNP operations quite easily everyday. Buying premium was a no-brainer to me. I can understand your frustration if you're playing in a low populated / bad server region.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The problem is they can't move away from the DLC model, because of the ppl who bought the premium pass. They can't just say "Oh hey sorry guys we release all the stuff for free" even if they wanted to. People already payed for this content.
    However I wouldn't mind if they would change the premium pass into a lot of weapons and vehicles and Battlepacks (I am a premium pass owner) And releasing the maps for everyone. Unfortunaly they can't do that because that would mean they betrayed us with what they sold us. They said new maps, what means they have to do that even if 99% of the premium owners wouldn't mind them giving it all for free and just getting some special weapons. Because that 1% could call them out by the laws. And that would be expensive for the company
  • El-Sid-James
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't have an answer for BF1, except change the DLC strategy. The new one off maps could be released free for all, they are not strictly part of the DLC and I don't remember them being part of the premium package I bought? 'Giants Shadow' wasn't. Maybe it's time to have a super sale on TSNP $5? 100% of something is better than 100% of nothing, if it means getting vanilla players to buy it. To me Premium friends is just a gimmick and doesn't work. It's amazing how EA/Dice manage to stuff this up time after time. Players have for ages been calling for them not to keep splitting the player base. They have the game but never seem to learn how to implement it properly. I occasionally have a scoot around server lists in different regions. They are mainly populated with vanilla maps, very few active Frontlines, and Operations... well you have more chance of NASA announcing they have discovered aliens.
  • BulletOverdose
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    new maps suck, only 1 good map the rest only campertanks and plains that kill you time after time. pretty boring and they dont run as good as the vanilla maps.
  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BF4 is still good