Weekly Debrief

would like a few opinions on the MG15,

huricanechuck
1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
according to symthic the MG15 storms has 30% less upward kick , but the low weight has 67% faster recenter speed. in your opinion, which is better ? faster recenter speed or less recoil?

Comments

• MarxistDictator
    4953 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Recenter speed. It also features a bipod. Lose weight ftw

Suppressive is better than both tho
  • Temp1st
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I use MG15 as my primary support weapon, LW is the better one of the two. Bipod is too useful on that gun to give it up.
    Also fast max accuracy is a big deal.

However i use supressive over both of them.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MG15 is a good lmg not as good as BAR or Chauchat but still a reliable weapon.
  • ANGRYharold
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I like the Low Weight better, as it really helps with your first shots and TTK. Storm is good, but I don't find the LW recoil to be all that bad.

• EmothicVH
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Use the low weight for defense at close to medium range. Use the storm if you are attack a position. Use the suppressive variant if you are defending from medium to long range.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    MG Storm when playing aggressively, low weight when playing less aggressive.
    I don't use the suppressive, not a fan of zoomed scopes on machine guns.
  • Gmkillers
    1239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Low weight simply for the bipod.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I prefer the storm since I tend to run and gun more.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2017
    I like the low weight the most out of all of them. it works good running around and works good prone.

MG15 low weight or Chauchat. Two best choices for all around lmg, imo.
  • OrionPherrit
    448 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MG15 is the closest Support class has to a Hellrigger. I prefer storm variant for more controllable kick. Suppressive is okay, but the scope will be a problem if you have an unexpected close encounter. I usually exchange it for Chauchat in the tighter CQB maps.
  • Temp1st
    MG15 is the closest Support class has to a Hellrigger. I prefer storm variant for more controllable kick. Suppressive is okay, but the scope will be a problem if you have an unexpected close encounter. I usually exchange it for Chauchat in the tighter CQB maps.

Supressive is fine for CQC you just hipfire it, It is actually surprisingly good at this if you hipfire and adadadad spam.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2017
    Temp1st wrote: »

Supressive is fine for CQC you just hipfire it, It is actually surprisingly good at this if you hipfire and adadadad spam.

...or clicky-sticky spam....which unfortunately isn't as good.
  • Temp1st
    There is also "Just run a bulldog" argument as well if you need godlike TTK for close range.
  • kbj1972
    259 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is a strange weapon for me. How effective I can be with the mg15a depends on how the server is behaving that day. I have been through games where I almost felt unbeatable with it. Then the next day it performs like the worst weapon in the game. When I can't perform all the time with a weapon I stay away from it.
  • FightingSioux8
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    LW is a great gun for me, the best LMG. Its all about the bipod with that gun. If you want to use a storm LMG, the shots are closer meaning ammo count is not very important because you won't kill anyone with it fast enough to not take time to heal. Use the Madsen, Bar, Chauchat for run and gun. Best thing to do with the MG15 bipod is find a place where the enemy spawns and kill 5-10 of them to cut off reinforcements to a flag your team is taking. Or you can shoot them coming in with a good vantage point. LW also has better run n gun characteristics than the suppressive, plus I hate the scope and 200 rounds is way overkill 99% of the time. If you can't find a time to reload after 100 bullets, then you're not in tune with the flow of the game.
  • Temp1st
    LW is a great gun for me, the best LMG. Its all about the bipod with that gun. If you want to use a storm LMG, the shots are closer meaning ammo count is not very important because you won't kill anyone with it fast enough to not take time to heal. Use the Madsen, Bar, Chauchat for run and gun. Best thing to do with the MG15 bipod is find a place where the enemy spawns and kill 5-10 of them to cut off reinforcements to a flag your team is taking. Or you can shoot them coming in with a good vantage point. LW also has better run n gun characteristics than the suppressive, plus I hate the scope and 200 rounds is way overkill 99% of the time. If you can't find a time to reload after 100 bullets, then you're not in tune with the flow of the game.

Id say this is true but i actually prefer the low powered scope of it, That's why i use it. Well that and i can shoot at airplanes non stop.
  • Vexdetta
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just my two cents. Its about play style. I go for the objectives or hang back just a little if I'm up against aggressive assault players. The Suppressive doesn't work for me because of the scope. Too much time to draw to the eye & focus. The Low Weight is ok but the recoil is jumpy if not using the bi-pod so you will probably be hanging back some to get the full use out of it. The Storm was the gun I "retired" after getting 100 service stars. My favorite LMG. Even though the Hellies, Automacs and MPs have a faster rate of fire and your dead if they get the drop on you... its nothing like firing all those rounds and knocking them down. I can not tell you how many times having that gun has given me multi-kills.
  • Temp1st
    Vexdetta wrote: »
    Just my two cents. Its about play style. I go for the objectives or hang back just a little if I'm up against aggressive assault players. The Suppressive doesn't work for me because of the scope. Too much time to draw to the eye & focus. The Low Weight is ok but the recoil is jumpy if not using the bi-pod so you will probably be hanging back some to get the full use out of it. The Storm was the gun I "retired" after getting 100 service stars. My favorite LMG. Even though the Hellies, Automacs and MPs have a faster rate of fire and your dead if they get the drop on you... its nothing like firing all those rounds and knocking them down. I can not tell you how many times having that gun has given me multi-kills.

This gun has no bad variant. They are all amazing in their own way.
  • ElliotLH
    8561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    Like the MG15 but prefer the BAR (both Storm and Telescopic) as it suits my play-style better.
  • Temp1st
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Like the MG15 but prefer the BAR (both Storm and Telescopic) as it suits my play-style better.

Can't fault that, As long as it's the big 4 MG's (BAR/MG15/Chauchat/Madsen)