Premium Trials is now live. We'll be postponing 2XP to a later date, ensuring all players can take advantage of the event.
The Defend the Frontlines Mission rewards will be deployed on August 21st. Thanks for your patience.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

banlist hardcapped limit ceiling of 100 names (i am getting worried i am at ((edit:)) 80)

NL73schietdammer
231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited July 24
banlist hardlimitceiling of 100 names - found that out months ago where i kept banning 300+ ping guys that kept coming back into the server, stopped doing that after the high ping = server side hit detection patch, so i unbanned them all - (i am getting worried, i banned 3 cheaters in last 2 days ((edit update : 8 guys in 3 weeks)) , i hired the server till octobre 2018 .... no typo 2018

p.s. i had 5 servers but i called EA and asked them to stop 4 and give all remaining days to server 1, and love the map that is on the server - quentin scar.
In bf4 i managed to play 1.200 hours - of my 1.800 hours - locker alone so i am not worried that ill levae my server before it expires.
But i do worry about the hardcap limit of 100names in my banlist.

3rd ban this week in 2 days, in this way my 100 names banlist will ghet full before the server expires.
I report all my permbans trough origin if the guy who receives it decide to permban these 3 of the last 2 days, i would like to have it so that my banlist gets autocleaned by you guys, why would i need to have this guy on my banlist if you decide he cant play bf1 anymore with this account.

THAT or make the banlist longer then a 100. I absolutely don't ever want to see the message that i can't remove a guy becuase my list is full.

- -

p.s. We cant timeban but some are so nasty in chat - i dont want to permban them for just chat but some keep talking trash after multiple kicks, then i timeban them for a week by banning them and write them down in microsoft word plus the date when i banned him and need to unban him the next week.
The problem is some think they can circumvent the ban by changing their ingame name but the banlist then gets autoupdated, and then after a week when i look at my WORD and see his name i can't find them back. So then it becomes an unnecasery permban (and another name in my banlist that occupys 1 of the 100 names slots).
Can't we get an option to add info on why we banned them (there i probaly would also type his name), or an option to see his current name but you also give the name at the time of the ban.
Also an inbuild Tban option would be a solution, now we can only kick or ban.

Comments

• NL73schietdammer
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 28
    These 3 where "i would bet my life on it sure" they are hackers, they weren't even hiding it.
    I know these hacked accounts / hacks come in waves. So it won't be that 3 bans in 2 days means 45 bans in 30days. But still 100names maximum between november 2016 when i started and octobre 2018 = 23months = 4 bans a month aint cutting it for me, and probably like i did in bf4 i would keep the server beyond that date, i mean even beyond the date of the new battlefield that comes out around that time so it is even less then 4 a month that you can permban.
    - - -
    You decided to have the server rental program at home - not 3rd party - they servers never crash and are way more cheaper to rent then in bf4, kuddos. But that means you also have the possibility to look at all the banlists from all servers. Clean the banlist automatically up when you decide to permban these accounts of them, then you make good use of possibilities that have now risen because of this new approach of holding the rental servers inhouse.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    95 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Reasonable requests, I hope the RSP development speed picks up. Burdening paying customers that provide a valuable service to the community is not the soundest approach.
    Thanks for your servers, played a ton especially on the Fort de Vaux one, and it was nice to see good admin presence. I was wondering what happened to the other four.
  • jturman35
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not sure why there is a limit (100)in how many you can ban? You pay for the server you should be able to ban everything that moves if that's what you want! The RSP has such a long way to go, you guys think it will get fixed?
  • CrashCA
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Maybe SOON™ but
    No.
  • NL73schietdammer
    i just baned 2 guys in 1 round , 100% sure hackers , i owuld bet my life on it they arent even hiding it , but this makes number 5 and 6 in 2 weeks

devs give a XXXXing ansswer , what are you doing about this 100 banlist limit

oand above i aksed for autocleanup of permanently banned accounts do that but only for permanently banned , becuase in this topic i made where a hacker even took oevr my rented server https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/114249/my-rsp-server-just-got-hacked-taken-over-by-a-cheater-hacker#latest the official reply was that even that guy probably on;ly got a 1 week ban trough fairfight .. NOOOOOO just no dont ever remove him form my banlist i never ever want to see him again on my server , so just make the 100names limit go away
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited July 17
    again just permbaned an aimbotter - i was spectating he wasnt hiding it magnete from target to target - but this is number 8 in 3 weeks - i have now 75 bans in my banlist , it stops at 100. ANSWER DEVS

edit : no it isn't 8 but 7 since 26jun according to my microsoft word where i keep a list of why i banned people , and we are NOT talking about reprots where someone from EA/dice shoudl take a look at a guy a hackustation , no blatant hacks not hiding it, so 100 names aint enough, that for me now is worse of a problem then the hacking itself. with procon i never had to whurry about a hardlimit of names. isnt it just a txt file woth names , small kb, why is the limit 100, if it is too hard/stressfull for the server then put the banlist on some main central server or something, i think timeban would be also easier to handle then if you decide to give that option also - a realy wanted option.

p.s. might i add that hiring a server from dice is half the price of bf4 / hardline third party rent and very stable servers , but i still want to mention that 700€ (140€ for 180days and that 5times) is paid to rent the server till octobre2018 , able to ban people without any limit would be a nice thing to have for that money. Why do i mention money? Well i was thinking how many rented servers are alive and full, not many. So maybe the rent program isnt high priority anymore, but when a dev hears 700€ spend they may think yes ... we need to do something here that is why i edited this reply.
    I am just guessing because everything takes so so so long - in 3months the game is 1 year old - and when it comes to what patches should have brought in 9 months compared to what we actually have gotten - it is nowhere near what i expected to have happened in the first year. > no Tban / cant't give a reason in banlist for the ban so i cant read back why he was banned nor can i see what his name was at the time of the ban / 100 names hardlimit banlist / banlists arent autocleaned up if an account that is on that banlist is totally removed by dice from ever playing bf1 - are things i mention here

(also a good thing would be if the banlist and kick/ban tab are in alphabetical order because that in combination with the huge letters that are used in the "server admin" makes you want to vomit because you have to scroll scroll and search ... why isnt it just like scoreboard ... smaller font)

but also these thinsg arent fixed > planes that are still in beta fase .... kill per minute is 64% highter then in bf4 so they are beyond way too OPed , TOTALLY BROKEN https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/109580/not-a-bug-but-an-issue-30may17-may-update-was-mostly-a-vehicle-aa-update-that-didnt-fix-them#latest

this 1 is recognized and acknowledged by a dev , spwanscreen transport vehicle icons https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/108581/spawnscreen-availability-of-transport-car-motorcycle-vehicles-is-bugged-since-release#latest

my win loss ratio is totally broken https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/107463/pc-win-loss-ratio-bug#latest the problem is i play for win loss ratio not for kd ratio

and i didnt make a topic about horseman but i think those "superman" should not be in the game , that is way too arcady , you empty a whole clip in them and ... nothing they should get way way less armor and so should some eliets like for example the tank hunter now it is used way too many times for cqb.
  • NL73schietdammer
    well i didnt expect it to be so soon - i mean an actual number 8 since i made this topic - but i just permbanned another aimbotter , i reported him trough origin and gave this link also in the hope that the guy who judges on these hackers also sees my incoming problem, so this is name number 76 in my banlist , 24 to go and then ????????? , at this rate of 8 in 3 weeks i have 9 weeks till my list is full.
  • NL73schietdammer
    i am not kidding but another day another mroning and another ban , number 9 so now 77 names , if a moderator decides that i am spamming this topci i am willing to goivbe all the names i baned to prove that i actually have another hacker on my list , another aimbotter

let me put it mildly when i say this : it would be unwanted that in a couple of months i have to unban someone of the 100 first to be able to ban another guy. I cant judge on the possibility of better hacker detection but what i can judge about is the hard limit of 100 names. Because there we have procon as a limitless ban name list that just worked fine. So please add this option to bf1 "procon". Do not higher it to 200 becuase even then at this rate my list will get full, higher then 200 i need.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited July 23
    ok just banned another 100% blatantly "i am not hiding my hack" guy , i also have 2 gusy that are banned for 1 week for spamming nasty thinks in chat so they will get an unban but right now with these 2 i am at 81 bans of my 100 names allowed banlist, but will be lowered to 79 next week when i unban the 2.

but like i said above if 1 of these 2 change their name during this week i wont be able to find them back and unban them. anyways again i am getting closer to the 100.
  • senoritaSparkles
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 23
    But maybe they have already highered the limit, not everything is mentioned in patchnotes.
    I have seen real bugs - bugs that happened often - be fixed in bf1 without things being mentioned in patch notes.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited July 24
    ok i just banned another crazy hacker : a medic with an lmg did even kill pilots with tripwire 155-5 in a 24minute 1.000 ticket conquest quentin scar round

, still at 81 bans because i permbanned him but unbanned a weekTban (1 of the 2 i mentioned 2 posts back) , so after my manual Tban lift this week of the other guy in a couple of days - if he doesnt change his ingame name - i will be at 80 real permanent bans of my 100 allowed

p.s. dice remove the special quickmatch hacker button please, it redirects ALL hackers to my server https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=bevdg

• Axlerod1
    902 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I got rid of several while spectating last night. This is getting really bad.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited July 24
    and again a blatant aimbotter so now 82 bans - minus a tban (a permban that i need to unban saturday 29jul17) makes 81 real permbans.

so within 2 hours after the last permanent ban i need to change/edit the topic name again from 80 to 81.

mmm i can't , well just look at my latest reply to see when i am really near that 100, for now 19 to go.
  • mygirlhatesBF
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 25
    The problem with dice is they don't make a locked topic in the forum - 1 that you see the first when you enter the forum - with known issues.
    Because this is another topic that needs priority. Ability to ban hackers should be available beyond 100 hackers.
    So we need a locked topic - known issues tracker - or a dev needs to respond here and other topics where they acknowledge the subject of that topic being an issue.
    For example here they may say no, reporting hackers trough origin should be enough - which would be a crazy response.
    Or a larger banlist puts to much stress on a rented server, remember all these procon settings in bf4 made many servers unstable and laggy, but a 100kb textfile with a 1.000 names shouldn't be that difficult for a server i think.
  • NL73schietdammer
    Just 10minutes ago permbanned a damage hacker with autoaim on top of it killed everyone with 1 shot of his m1911.
    I just recounted my banlist after that it is now on 84 names , but this saturday i unban a guy that got a week ban, and i just banned a guy also for a month 2 hours ago - after he didnt learn to behave in chat after 2 times a week ban in the past. So my real permbans is now not 84 but 82 but getting real close to the 100 in a month or 2 months.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited July 27
    But maybe they have already highered the limit, not everything is mentioned in patchnotes.
    I have seen real bugs - bugs that happened often - be fixed in bf1 without things being mentioned in patch notes.

Don't know but at the time i banned high pingers who kept coming back after kicks, i literally hit the 100 and then when a hacker was there i got a message that i could not ban him becuase the list was full - i then went to banlist and counted and there where 100 names in it. So i know it was there and probably is still here .. no clue if they have patched this since then.
    The problem is i have now 84 but can't test to see if they removed the limit by trying to ban 17 names right now.
  • youhavenicecans
    16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Let's hope they will fix this.
    And especially in time, remember the days of around january where the first hacks came out, but that admin abilities where introduced in winter update that came in february so around a month long you could not ban, only report.
    The admin rights should have been there before hacks come out. So the hack programmers where faster then dice programmers to program the ability to ban people. Those days can come back when the 100banlimit is reached, and they haven't given more space to ban by then.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited August 10
    I just banned another blatant hacker ... it took this time longer before the next 1 arrived .. since last one, this now is number 85 - number 84 was above 28july .. so this time it took 13 days for 1 cheater to arrive. 85 of which 2 are weekbans so 83 in reality, 17 to go. I have no clue if i get an answer from a dev in here before i reach a 100 ... let alone a patch which gives a longer list. And on each report ... i report all the cheaters on origin plus i give a link - to this topic - to the guy who receives the reports .. with the added question to him to contact a dev about finding a solution for this.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited August 17
    i will leavy my timebans out of the numbers from now on.

I am here because 5minuets ago i permbanned another blatant cheater he was 95-15 in my conquest 1.000 ticket server and he didnt use tank / arti truck or a plane. No he was support guy for a long time and when i spectated he siwtched to assault he was using mp18 optical. You see within 3 kills that it is totally impossible. Ofcoruse reported him and again give this link with the report in the hope that the guy who receievs it can also help me out contacting the devs. Ok but this was number 84 so 16 to go and then i am totally stuck.
  • NL73schietdammer
    Number 85 got banned 5minuets ago, level 8 Lawrence of arabia sml3 with almost only headshots - which is more nromal for a sniper but he did way too many on the fly shots quickscoping on distance with that wepon that has no zoomsight - i had to look longer this time he wasnt as blatant as the others.

After i reach ban 90 i will be upping my effort to get this to the attention of devs. Reddit / some devs twitter / contact EA, becuase i have no clue if the limit is above 100 maybe they patched it, i hit the 100 months ago when some very high pingers kept coming back to my european based server, i was glad when above 130ms server side hit detection arrived.