banlist hardcapped limit ceiling of 100 names (i am getting worried i am at ((edit:)) 80)

Comments

• IcePaulM
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NL73schietdammer....I also see a limit of 100 ...there is tone more work they need to do with servers like ad admin kill so that after a warning is ignored u have some recorse other than kick/ban..they also need to give us admin chat, map rotate and restart at a minimum. I dont think they are doing anything on server side though. I ahve to say though I have been admining for years and I dont think I have ever banned that many folks in that period of time for hacking may a year we banned that many but wow. Do you think maybe this is proving Dice's point about why they want to limit our control of our servers...Spectate mode has been unreliable to detect cheaters for a long time...you have to take that and look at stats and way what you see when fighting against the person one on one to be fair about calling someone a cheater. We never ban instaneouslly..we fel we ned to be fair so we watch we look at stats and discuss before ban.
  • CrashCA
    1008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Previous games have a working anti-cheat (Punkbuster, etc.). Not so, for this mess
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 2017
    Banned number 86 an hour ago, i spectated .. he did many impopssible kills on distance with the bar telescope, All in all closing in on number 90 but also number 100. Maybe tomorrows patch will higher the limit, but i don't count on it or else a dev or mdo would have replied here that it will be fixed.
  • CrashCA
    1008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing for you (us)
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2017
    oops wanted to react somehere on a topic - that is on another tab in my browser - but did it here by accident, and now this text is a placeholder becuase i can't totally remove my reaction here only edit

edit : now 1sep17 and ban number 87 is there , a blatant hacker woth 1 of the 3 lewis gun lmg's. DICE 100 is really not enough for a rented server, it just isnt if you rent it for the long run. Is it a real issue if it gets highered, is that too stress full for the server? to read more then 100 names to check if someone is allowed to play. Or not enough room at the server for a longer list , shouldnt be not mroe then a small txt file.
    Post edited by NL73schietdammer on
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited September 2017
    5minutes ago banned a plyer with 2hours total playtime and was sniping with autotracker , when an enmey changed direction or stopped moving his barrell followed that without a millisecond delay absolutely impossible but this i s ban number 88 ouit of a 100 , it shpoudl havbe been 90 becuase i missed 2 .... 1 i was spectating but not really spectating i rolled back the chat and from the chat where everybody said he was hacking ... belive me you immidiately see the difference betwen hacvkusations and the sentences people make when it is a real hjacker but he was gone before i could really specatte him, and the other 1 was recorded by 1 of the players on my server and he 1 shotted people with kolibri - was set on youtrube - and the guy reacted there on it and gave a link to his uplaods where he puts it himself on youtube to show off.

Are we going to get a bigger list or not, this for me is my number 1 issue now in battlefield 1. Other issues actually are coming from cte : 1> low ttk that i dont like , 2> conquest majority rule that i dont liike on my quentin server whcih has 6 maps, and 3> the adad solution on cte so far is also totally and insanely bad. Close of cte please, in bf4 it helped Retail but here it is like hardline cte that 1 also ruined hardline and killed it off.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    5minutes ago banned a plyer with 2hours total playtime and was sniping with autotracker , when an enmey changed direction or stopped moving his barrell followed that without a millisecond delay absolutely impossible but this i s ban number 88 ouit of a 100 , it shpoudl havbe been 90 becuase i missed 2 .... 1 i was spectating but not really spectating i rolled back the chat and from the chat where everybody said he was hacking ... belive me you immidiately see the difference betwen hacvkusations and the sentences people make when it is a real hjacker but he was gone before i could really specatte him, and the other 1 was recorded by 1 of the players on my server and he 1 shotted people with kolibri - was set on youtrube - and the guy reacted there on it and gave a link to his uplaods where he puts it himself on youtube to show off.

Are we going to get a bigger list or not, this for me is my number 1 issue now in battlefield 1. Other issues actually are coming from cte : 1> low ttk that i dont like , 2> conquest majority rule that i dont liike on my quentin server whcih has 6 maps, and 3> the adad solution on cte so far is also totally and insanely bad. Close of cte please, in bf4 it helped Retail but here it is like hardline cte that 1 also ruined hardline and killed it off.

Can the older bans be removed? If so, think of it like a 2 week ban.. there are so many cheaters that maxing the ban list to 100 allows you to remove the older bans. EA doesn't want to offend anyone for too long.
  • NL73schietdammer
    P1asma wrote: »

Can the older bans be removed? If so, think of it like a 2 week ban.. there are so many cheaters that maxing the ban list to 100 allows you to remove the older bans. EA doesn't want to offend anyone for too long.

Ofcourse i dont wnat to do that, and besides it is impossible i have 88 names on my banlist but around 15% has changed their ingame name and then the banlist gets also that enw name so i can't ban names that i don't know why they where banned.

But i come here becuase i just banned number 89, thius guy was something special , he spotted people trough hills on my 24 7 quentin scar conquest server and he could even teleport them to him so he could melee them with his syringe, further mroe he had unlimited ifle grenades and normal grenades.

11 to go. And still no answer if this is normal and will stay this way.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited September 2017
    And same day and number 90, like i promised above i am going to spam the devs on twitter now and on reddit and on this forum i want an answer becuase this topic is almost 3 months old now. Spam because it is going to be 100 before i know it. It is bad enough that there are so many hackers, and no hack detection so at least give me the ability to ban people.

Number 90 was scout : 98 marksman , instaaiming at people and damage hack with it also (headshot on a healthy tankhunter isnt a 1 shot kill). 100% sure a hacker not even hiding it. it would really be ridiculous if we could not ban on rented servers, just like when rsp started, becuase that is going to be the thing that i will get once i reach 100 bans.

I love the game, but some basic things like this should be able to be done till the end of the game. 100 bans is way too low of a limit, if a game is there for years online. I find it totally disrespectfull to rsp owners that nothing is done about this, there is also another topic on it but is closed off becuase this 1 is there, so there are other server owners with the same issue. He already is at 100, unacceptable if that is tru. https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/120730/there-should-be-no-limit-to-the-ban-list-hackers-all-the-time

Anyone knows any devs that are working on rsp?
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited September 2017
    Ban 91 is a fact since an hour ago, rank 6 88-0 on 900 out of the 1.000 tickets with lmg lewis low weight even instakilling pilots i was called in by a player that came to discord so i spectated and you immediately saw enough after even 1 minute. Where is a dev that can also say to me "no it aint going to come" then at least i know how late it is , even on reddit where devs are very active many upvotes for the topic but no reaction from a dev on the topic that i made this week when i reached the 90 bans https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/717djd/rsp_today_i_banned_2_cheaters_i_am_now_at_90/

Mods i want you to find a more positive guy on rsp then me on this forum, you arent going to find someone, see here where i defend it with long replys.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/702479/3rd_party_servers_from_professional_hosters_the/

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/115193/bf1-rsp-has-its-perks-seriously/p3

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/115620/rcon-procon-vs-bf1-rsp

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/118458/any-news-from-the-depths-of-the-dice-office-for-rsp/p4
    I am for rsp but OMG if this isn't going to be fixed and also not before i reach the 100 then rsp for me is a total failure / disaster, it is not up to me to clean up the 100 names in the hope they are banned by dice and in the hope they will behave in the future, the list needs to be longer period.

And what happens to rsp servers where admins didnt write down all the names dates and reasons of ban like i did, that in combination with the fact that many on the banlist have changed their ingame name so the names you see on the banlist don't ring a bell is just bad service from dice if the list stays at the limit of 100. You want people to be unbanned? from that 100, you have no clue how much time it takes to admin 1 server already, to finally find that hacker (yes kolibri 1shot killers are easy to recognize) but what if i unban some and he comes back when i am hours and hours away and misbehaves again.
  • uninstall_Thanks
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There are so many things to patch, and only so much manpower err devs, but things like this should be a simple thing to change. This is absolutely ridiculous this needs to be fixed.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited September 2017
    Ban 92 and ban 93 in 1 round , 5minuets ago. Yes 2 100% hackers in 1 round, for me also very weird because it has been days since there was even 1. And dice wants me to live with a 100 banlist limit, see above 1sep17 i had ban 87 and now 93 is 6 in 1 month. Dice might think why arent all admins having this problem? Well i work at home and when i dont play my game is on spectate in windowed mode (90% not actively spectating, but when someone comes to discord where people know i can always be found then i can immediately take a look).

i really got to cool down right now before i make this topic be locked by cursing at dice and the hackers. 1 of the 2 even said about himself i am hacking he was level 3 and i was looking at the other hacker and his chat caught my attention and indeed he showed he was hacking, i was lucky that i specatted and didnt chat to the first hacker. What the hell is going on and why don't i get an answer from a dev. The first guy was level 76 and said he was hacking sicne 3 weeks and that he would not get banned by dice (maybe a hacked account or he just started hacking sicne then but not that Obvious indeed with him a had to look a little longer), no clue why he was thinking that, because i kept my mouth shut and was in doubt with this guy but finally i saw impossible things with his hellriegel factory he became to careless, i was called in for him on discord he was already playing a whole round before it that is why he got careless i guess, so him and then beucase of his chat ... sorry if it wasnbt becuase of his chat i would not look for 2 hackers in 1 round he would have escaped that level 3 guy ... altough when he said he was hacking and i looked at him the chat went bonckers about him also hacking so i would have probably looked at him also at the end.

But omg this is going to be so crappy when i reach 100.

Ok i am off first reporting these 2 trough origin and writing them down in my microsoft word.
  • Gamera1967
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Are you able to ban people from your BF1 Server because you are on PC (and Xbox One Servers cannot ban people)?
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited September 2017
    Gamera1967 wrote: »
    Are you able to ban people from your BF1 Server because you are on PC (and Xbox One Servers cannot ban people)?

yes when you hired a server and you are in your server and go to the menu you nromally see (as a visiting player) :
    - resume
    - scoreboard
    - server info
    - help
    - options
    - quit
    and that is when you spectate or else you would see more things like "redeploy" and "squads", right now i am spectating so ill stick to that for now, i see an extra thing as owner / admin "server admin" between "scoreboard" and "server info". There inside you have 4 tabs :
    - kick / ban > there you see all players and there you can kick or ban them
    - ban list > a list of names , unfortanetely with no dates and no reason why you banned them
    - vip list > there you can put 20 names that then will always be number 1 in the qeue even if there are 10
    - moderator list > there you can add people to be admin, and they also see "server admin" in the menu

and this topic is about the banlist i am at 93permbans now and can only ban 7more and hired the server for another 12months. And to put those 7 in perspective, only in september i already banned 6 players.

But if i would have to guess this server admin is also on consoles and exactly the same.
  • FrozenCamel
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Capping server ban list was stupidest things to do...Server ban list should be unlimited..DICE thinks that FF will ban majority of cheaters but that’s not case..FF was useless now and cap ban list needs to be removed as soon as possible...
  • C4injebroek
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    I think it has to do with console limitations.

For pc that doesn't make sense because dice have to compensate for the pc hackers ability to hack easier, kolibri 1 hit kills i read above and teleporting enemies to where the hacker is and then syringe kill them those are i think pc only.

And can't you make unlimited 10 hour trials on pc or is that only a reddit and bf1 forum fary tail, hackers abuse those (above i read that many hackers are low level so new accounts), or isn't that the case that those trial accounts are only on pc can they also be made on consoles.
  • FrozenCamel
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ban 92 and ban 93 in 1 round , 5minuets ago. Yes 2 100% hackers in 1 round, for me also very weird because it has been days since there was even 1. And dice wants me to live with a 100 banlist limit, see above 1sep17 i had ban 87 and now 93 is 6 in 1 month. Dice might think why arent all admins having this problem? Well i work at home and when i dont play my game is on spectate in windowed mode (90% not actively spectating, but when someone comes to discord where people know i can always be found then i can immediately take a look).

i really got to cool down right now before i make this topic be locked by cursing at dice and the hackers. 1 of the 2 even said about himself i am hacking he was level 3 and i was looking at the other hacker and his chat caught my attention and indeed he showed he was hacking, i was lucky that i specatted and didnt chat to the first hacker. What the hell is going on and why don't i get an answer from a dev. The first guy was level 76 and said he was hacking sicne 3 weeks and that he would not get banned by dice (maybe a hacked account or he just started hacking sicne then but not that Obvious indeed with him a had to look a little longer), no clue why he was thinking that, because i kept my mouth shut and was in doubt with this guy but finally i saw impossible things with his hellriegel factory he became to careless, i was called in for him on discord he was already playing a whole round before it that is why he got careless i guess, so him and then beucase of his chat ... sorry if it wasnbt becuase of his chat i would not look for 2 hackers in 1 round he would have escaped that level 3 guy ... altough when he said he was hacking and i looked at him the chat went bonckers about him also hacking so i would have probably looked at him also at the end.

But omg this is going to be so crappy when i reach 100.

Ok i am off first reporting these 2 trough origin and writing them down in my microsoft word.

If you cap 100 bans then you need more people/admins to manage server besides you...Removing bans will let same cheaters back and then you will need 24/7 server monitoring which will only lead you to get more admins on board to manage your server...No way around it...
  • NoBanMePLS
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jturman35 wrote: »
    Not sure why there is a limit (100)in how many you can ban? You pay for the server you should be able to ban everything that moves if that's what you want! The RSP has such a long way to go, you guys think it will get fixed?

No you shouldnt. You agree to a TOS agreement when you rent servers. By that logic I buy a car I should be able to go whatever speed limit I want and drive through a shopping mall if that is my prerogative.
  • NoBanMePLS
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i will leavy my timebans out of the numbers from now on.

I am here because 5minuets ago i permbanned another blatant cheater he was 95-15 in my conquest 1.000 ticket server and he didnt use tank / arti truck or a plane. No he was support guy for a long time and when i spectated he siwtched to assault he was using mp18 optical. You see within 3 kills that it is totally impossible. Ofcoruse reported him and again give this link with the report in the hope that the guy who receievs it can also help me out contacting the devs. Ok but this was number 84 so 16 to go and then i am totally stuck.

Also I feel you are more bad than anything. I went 129-13. I bet I would of been banned for "Hacking"
  • CrashCA
    NoBanMePLS wrote: »
    jturman35 wrote: »
    Not sure why there is a limit (100)in how many you can ban? You pay for the server you should be able to ban everything that moves if that's what you want! The RSP has such a long way to go, you guys think it will get fixed?

No you shouldnt. You agree to a TOS agreement when you rent servers. By that logic I buy a car I should be able to go whatever speed limit I want and drive through a shopping mall if that is my prerogative.

Wrong, would be like you driving thru my house with your car.
    Go play "Official" servers. If you do not like how a server is admined, go elsewhere.