high cpu usage after trying numerous fixes

Grinder024_
postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Got a new I5 6600K and a MSI GTX 1070 X. After trying out the game on ultra settings i noticed severe fps drops, 98-100% cpu usage at all time (60+ cpu usage when in menu). i have tried every fix that i could possible see and im still having gpu load at 70-90%. ive seen people with the same setup get 110 fps+ so im basically at wits' end

Comments

• PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's just DICE doing optimizations right...Wait for a Patch, if it ever arrives.
  • Rusher-PT
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
  • PremiumBundle
    483 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Got a new I5 6600K and a MSI GTX 1070 X. After trying out the game on ultra settings i noticed severe fps drops, 98-100% cpu usage at all time (60+ cpu usage when in menu). i have tried every fix that i could possible see and im still having gpu load at 70-90%. ive seen people with the same setup get 110 fps+ so im basically at wits' end

ram needed is 32 gig to play on ultra, my opinion.
    and the bigger the monitor, the more pixels to fill.

2K 1070 is fine, 4K 1080 or higher is fine too.
    must have 32 gig of ram, other wise, your investment is
    not optimised.

• DeLtAuk2004
    1107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    60% cpu usage at the menu is ridiculous I usually have task manager open on starting the game as I change the priority to high for bf1.exe and the cpu usage sits at 13% at the menu screen something isn't right if your at 60%
  • darkpassenger_br
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Check if your ram is in dual channel mode. If it is, then follow the topic that @rusher-pt mentioned.
  • NamelessForNow
    1413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    60% cpu usage at the menu is ridiculous I usually have task manager open on starting the game as I change the priority to high for bf1.exe and the cpu usage sits at 13% at the menu screen something isn't right if your at 60%

Mine shoots up as well at the menu and loading screen
  • DeLtAuk2004
    1107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    I get a spike upon launching the game but that's obvious as the cpu is working loading the game but once the initial launch is done the cpu usage sits steady at 13% I've seen it many times as I always have the task manager open at launch so I can change the priority.yes when I join a match and it's loading then the cpu usage increases but at the menu it's steady . I'm quite literally baffled as some of the rigs folk are having problems on are so much so so much better than my own .
  • NamelessForNow
    1413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "I'm quite literally baffled as some of the rigs folk are having problems on are so much so so much better than my own ."

You and me both. When the game launched, I never had any problems. Not one. In the past few months I've spent more time troubleshooting than playing.
  • DeLtAuk2004
    Lol that was me at launch I had a 770 gtx that worked quite well on the open beta but wax garbage on the official release so swapped for the 1060 gtx.still wasn't great so swapped my ram out from 1600 mhz to 2400mhz .its only been after capping frames and tweaking my settings that I got the game to an acceptable level of performance which hasn't changed over the last few updates and as previously stated tsnp is definatly better now as that was pretty woeful for me at release ??
  • Kajjal
    822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When you get CPU spikes check what is using CPU in task manager. Various things in the background take up CPU time which can be disabled or turned off.
  • Tactical_Pickaxe
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    After the June update my i5 4690K is constantly at 100% usage and fps keeps dropping below 10. Too bad DICE doesn't seem to care one bit about their poorly optimized bug-ridden game.
  • DeLtAuk2004
    B0000OM wrote: »
    After the June update my i5 4690K is constantly at 100% usage and fps keeps dropping below 10. Too bad DICE doesn't seem to care one bit about their poorly optimized bug-ridden game.

See my post in the other thread you posted on .