Should defending the flag be more rewarded than capping it? (Conquest)

MrWenting040
96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited June 2017
Imo they should increase the points for defending the flag and decrease the points for capping the flag. It's too easy to score points for capping flags that are unmanned. While a couple of guys are trying to defend the capped the flags the majorrity of the people are running around in circles to cap unmanned flags and getting the most points.
Post edited by MrWenting040 on

Comments

• JakeNoach
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    I say goodmorning.

Maybe an increae of points for flag defending is good cause I experience the following:

(posted this earlier on the "Squads are useless" topic)

Yes..... the "defend the flag" order.
    It's probably the hardest order for some players. After given the "capture the flag" order the squad nicely captures the flag, that's fine to me. But when the "defend the flag" sounds everybody flies away from the just captured flag. Only three members left: me, myself and I trying to defend the flag while there are still enemy's in the neighborhood.
    And then there comes the enemy duck hunt on me.... of course I will be shot in my butt.
    I shake my head and drink a klots of beer. Order to capture the next flag..... aha my squad is there, defending ..... where is everybody!!!

It's hillarious.
  • sfreeman73
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2017
    Agreed increase the points for defending here's my idea (conquest)

Capping - 25pts per tick with 200pt bonus for completing

Kills -
    killing a defender inside a cap zone 150
    Killing an attacker from an friendly cap zone 200
    Killing a player anywhere else from anywhere else 10pts
    Kills from vehicles 50 regardless of location

Moving less than 5 m and not shooting or spotting in 20 seconds - lose 50% of your points
    Following an order - double points ie killing a defender inside a marked cap zone 300pts
    Giving an order 100(when completed)
    Requesting an order when there is already an order given lose 500
  • MrWenting040
    edited June 2017
    sfreeman73 wrote: »
    Agreed increase the points for defending here's my idea (conquest)

Capping - 25pts per tick with 200pt bonus for completing

Kills -
    killing a defender inside a cap zone 150
    Killing an attacker from an friendly cap zone 200
    Killing a player anywhere else from anywhere else 10pts
    Kills from vehicles 50 regardless of location

Moving less than 5 m and not shooting or spotting in 20 seconds - lose 50% of your points
    Following an order - double points ie killing a defender inside a marked cap zone 300pts
    Giving an order 100(when completed)
    Requesting an order when there is already an order given lose 500

To be honest I don't have a clue what the best distribution of points should be.
    But clearly DICE should figure out a way that people start defending the flags more.
    Maybe it's just unclear to most of the people (at least to me) how much points they earn or can earn with defending
  • MRSJEIKS
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    For Operations this is not relevant. A lot of action whdn you want to cap a flag. But for Conquest i can agree.
  • MrWenting040
    MRSJEIKS wrote: »
    For Operations this is not relevant. A lot of action whdn you want to cap a flag. But for Conquest i can agree.

You're right this topic was meant about CQ
  • ninjapenquinuk
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Do we not already get flag defence points for kills in cap zones, and the "defend flag" squad points are pretty easy to get. I do think maybe some kind of reward for "camping" in a cap zone should be forth coming
  • MrWenting040
    Do we not already get flag defence points for kills in cap zones, and the "defend flag" squad points are pretty easy to get. I do think maybe some kind of reward for "camping" in a cap zone should be forth coming

Yeah something like that. If u stay for a minute at a capped flag u get extra points and the flag should get some sort of marking so the enemy knows the flag is recently capped. If the enemy launch a counter attack within that minute they can also gain some extra points.
  • sfreeman73
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The problem is you only get points for defending if you get a kill from the cap zone or a tiny 100 points if it's marked up for the full time (I don't know if it's a full minute or just 30 seconds either way you get nothing if anything changes in that time) there is zero incentive to defend
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    sfreeman73 wrote: »
    The problem is you only get points for defending if you get a kill from the cap zone or a tiny 100 points if it's marked up for the full time (I don't know if it's a full minute or just 30 seconds either way you get nothing if anything changes in that time) there is zero incentive to defend

This ^^^ Exactly! If you want points, you have to move to the next flag to cap, unfortunately. Point wise, there is very little incentive to hang around.
  • blindsniper63
    2009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I could always have another beer waiting for the enemy to arrive while i'm defending the flag .
  • MRSJEIKS
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    MRSJEIKS wrote: »

You're right this topic was meant about CQ

In sorry, my friend. My fault. I read to fast.
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I could always have another beer waiting for the enemy to arrive while i'm defending the flag .

hahaha... That's the truth right there!
  • 19lee78
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Absolutely not, campers defend flags for the easy kills. Us lot leading the charge capturing should get the big points.
  • dfwviking
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think they should also fix the defend points so they are only awarded if the enemy is in the same cap area - i.e. I should not get defends while in the fortress gun at A flag lobbing shells halfway across the map. I do think they need to up the defend points some. I would also like points for blowing up the sides of buildings facing my teams spawn points, but that is just a service I provide I guess.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    19lee78 wrote: »
    Absolutely not, campers defend flags for the easy kills. Us lot leading the charge capturing should get the big points.

But with no one defending a lot of the flags that big brave charge of yours usually ends up with you (and half your team mates) at an undefended flag. Go you!
  • Knucklehead23jp
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think PTFO should also count as defending not just capping and running like hell to the next.its frustrating when you follow orders to a capture zone and have to come back not a minute latter because the team didn't sweep and clearly or hold fast for the counterattack. Ive read alot of ww1 books and bite and hold is clearly the tactics they used. It gets old when you set up for a defence and some blue dude starts hitting you with his melee and runs off to the next undeffened objective as if your a coward hiding. I think PTFO and the max points given should only happen after repelling an attack or a time limit on objective. I'm not a camper if I'm trying to keep the flag blue and the points rolling. Clear cap defend to me is PTFO. Front lines shows if you don't clear, as soon as your pushed back a stay behind team is already in hiding waiting to cap before your back to defend. So I totally agree more points or something for defending the objectives because you only half played it if you run off leaving it for the enemy
  • Skill4Reel
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    I see lots of people in conquest matches that aren't running from flag to flag for points, but these people aren't defending the flags either. There have been too many matches where myself and my squad of platoon members will all be at the top of the score board with 20K points a piece. Only the reason our squad has so many captures (and defends for that matter) is because other people aren't doing anything. We will capture D flag and defend it, and then realize that D flag is the only one on the map that our team has control of.

So then we move over to capture B, and when we get that flag under control. We've immediately lost control of D. So now B is the only flag that we have control of. The whole match will be like this sometimes on a team with thirty people on it. It should be common sense at this point that flags need to be defended to win. The game reminds us of this every single time we enter a conquest match on the loading screen.

I always see people saying that they aren't camping, they are defending. Well if your defense isn't keeping the objective icons blue, then it just looks like camping to me.
  • tumadrekoncha
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Imo they should increase the points for defending the flag and decrease the points for capping the flag. It's too easy to score points for capping flags that are unmanned. While a couple of guys are trying to defend the capped the flags the majorrity of the people are running around in circles to cap unmanned flags and getting the most points.

This^^^^^
    Plus defending a flag might be a move to not let the enemy advance to other caped flags but most players are running around from flag to flag....i think i need to get a into a good teamworking squad and not play with randoms(sometimes great people appear from nowhere though tbh)

Peace
    :)
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    some of my favourite games have been capping enemy spawn flag, and just holding defending it til the end, you can really turn the tide of a game doing this, had a game last night where we jumped in a game late, down 200 tickets and our squad just focused on their spawn flag, destroy all armour, and the enemy see red and want that flag back

so the then forget about the other flags, giving our team a chance to cap all other flags and win

good practice

try it