Invisible Player

von_Campenstein
6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited June 2017
Check out this video, it's pretty clear cut on there that he is nowhere to be seen in the room.

Invisible man at 2:29.

Comments

• A-bad-day
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hey. If you mean the revive, you can see a bayonet sticking through the wall. And its possible that the enemy medic has a higher ping that you or the supporter you shot. That means on his screen the supporter might lay in the door opening and not as far in the room as you see. I have occurred some wired things (new) happening lately when getting revived. Its a bit the opposite to what is happening on your video. Some times when I get revived, I get drawn way back from where I died, (up to 20 meters) and thereby I am able to go straight back to the enemy and wack him.

I don't know if this is what have happened in your game. But it could be a possibility.
  • UglyNoah
    1244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Na, he's invisible, it happens to me too
  • 3therBunny
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've had this happen more times than I can count, it's still not very frequent but annoying none the less.
  • killiusmaxximus
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have experienced this a few times with clips to prove it when Xbox lets me post clips again.
  • Adman_Tor
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Got killed by an invisible player last night. Hard to believe this has been in the game for so long...
  • cableclips
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Adman_Tor wrote: »
    Got killed by an invisible player last night. Hard to believe this has been in the game for so long...

ive had this a few times, is this a glitch or a cheat or both either way it makes me jump lol.
  • Adman_Tor
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's been in the game for several months. They apparently "addressed" it at one point but so much for that - LOL.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Loving that necro, keep up the good work!
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What's up with the name change?
    As for the substance matter, I got knifed yesterday at Achi Baba in the C spawn trench between C and E towards D. A team mate for ten meters a head of me traversing towards C, disappeared behind a corner, then I heard shots and saw his skull on the minimap. Figured the perp must be in the trench, so I peaked and saw nothing. Kept looking for him and moved forward, spinning around to try and locate him, only to get insta-gibbed from behind. There is no way he could have been visible and avoid me seeing him. No video unfortunately, but it's not really necessary as there was no one in the kill cam, which seems typical of these scenarios.
  • Adman_Tor
    As for the substance matter, I got knifed yesterday at Achi Baba in the C spawn trench between C and E towards D. A team mate for ten meters a head of me traversing towards C, disappeared behind a corner, then I heard shots and saw his skull on the minimap. Figured the perp must be in the trench, so I peaked and saw nothing. Kept looking for him and moved forward, spinning around to try and locate him, only to get insta-gibbed from behind. There is no way he could have been visible and avoid me seeing him. No video unfortunately, but it's not really necessary as there was no one in the kill cam, which seems typical of these scenarios.

This is bacically what happened to me. Was in a building with two teammates who got killed. Looked around carefully then got shot in the face by nothing. Kill cam was following an invisible player.
  • von_Campenstein

Only still in the game to troll it now, I want my team to know I'm contributing nothing. Just sweet lulz and K/D for me.
  • juggymcjugjug
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is it a ping thing the Aus servers have been f×#ked up for a couple of weeks now so **** like this happens to me all the time.

• TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have also documented the invisible player problem from very early on. @Adman_Tor is right when he says it was supposed to be sorted out, one of the devs said ages ago that he was dealing with it but evidently it got pushed down the list
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The Invisible Player bug has also carried over to Incursions. I'm only a dozen matches in, and have already experienced it once.
  • von_Campenstein
    The Invisible Player bug has also carried over to Incursions. I'm only a dozen matches in, and have already experienced it once.

I got stuck in a doorway on Amiens as the flametrooper, looked down, noone there and suddenly a Medic materalizes before my eyes. Did he heal me you ask, nope!

• Adman_Tor
    TG_JAZZY wrote: »
    I have also documented the invisible player problem from very early on. @Adman_Tor is right when he says it was supposed to be sorted out, one of the devs said ages ago that he was dealing with it but evidently it got pushed down the list

Exactly. They had purportedly "addressed" the issue during one of their updates but then they broke it again (or it was never fixed - I can't remember which).
  • TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Adman_Tor wrote: »
    TG_JAZZY wrote: »

Exactly. They had purportedly "addressed" the issue during one of their updates but then they broke it again (or it was never fixed - I can't remember which).

Its been left so long now there is video on how to replicate the glitch
  • PegasusR7
    67 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've been killed by invisible cavalry. I recorded and held on to it.
  • Adman_Tor
    Maybe it's an easter egg for the next Battlefield title. "Battlefield Cloaked." Premise of the game is that everybody is invisible and you just have to shoot randomly and hope to kill somebody. Or everybody is cloaked but you and you have to evade 63 invisible enemies.