Weekly Debrief

i may have just run into my 1st hack.

huricanechuck
1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited July 2017
wish i knew how to post a video. but , i was at full health , ran across an enemy and started peppering him with my lewis gun from behind , yes i did miss a few shots, but he spun around and 2 shot killed me with a kolibri. NOT POSSIBLE!!!(xbox1 BTW)

Comments

• IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    wish i knew how to post a video. but , i was at full health , ran across an enemy and started peppering him with my lewis gun from behind , yes i did miss a few shots, but he spun around and 2 shot killed me with a kolibri. NOT POSSIBLE!!!(xbox1 BTW)

Maybe the first hit wasn't the kolibri, but a scout you didn't notice?
    Could be a cheat, but could also be this.
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    yeah, that is possible , which is why i didn't file any report , i never do anyway , too many different variables to know for sure.
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    More likely you were hit by a scout rifle bullet first. Quite often get confused by this myself, the amount of times ive died and thought "wtf?". Be nice if Dice added a feature to let you know exactly what took all of your health rather than just the finishing blow......... ie Martini Henry 1 bullet 80 dmg, mars automatic 1 bullet 20 dmg. Also be nice to know if you were damaged by multiple positions which is where most of the confusion arises from.
  • disposalist
    8665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I hear that so much in game. People claiming to have been "one shot" impossibly. The killcam only shows the very last thing that hit you.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am trying to post something..... but for some dumb reason it isnt getting theough.....
  • V2Face
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah probably not a hack because it's next to impossible to do it on console. If he only killed you once the entire match with the kolibri at full health most likely someone else popped you. No need to rush to the forums to call hacks.
  • derekaustralia
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    *removed*
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No game company so far has created a fool-proof AC system, though Blizzard's approach with Overwatch seems to be most efficient. People say that VAC is better than FairFight, but VAC bans in waves, so hackers get some time to prepare for the ban. Not to mention that Valve's games are very popular, so some very talented cheat developers are making free and premium cheats that easily go around VAC, especially for CSGO.

ESEA has a fairly effective system as well, but that AC has been known to be very invasive. Similar things have been said about BattlEye, though most of its rumours have been fabricated. If you want a highly effective AC, you have to be prepared to give up some of your privacy to a corporation.

The best way to avoid hackers is to play on current gen console. You can avoid hackers and cheaters on PC, but it is inevitable that you will encounter someone cheating. Some regions appear to have a higher proportion of hackers than others. It seems that Asia has a severe hacking problem, as my experiences with CSGO matchmaking, CoD and even racing games has proved. In other regions, there aren't too many hackers and cheaters to be paranoid about.
  • V2Face
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    *removed*

Are you on console? If not please refrain from commenting again.
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • KorpusDraige
    2330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Just lag, it happens.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    *removed*.

Pretty uncalled for. @StarscreamUK
  • StarscreamUK
    7318 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @derekaustralia - you are suspended for 1 week. The reason, profanity, abuse to other members, sexual content. On your return you would do wise to follow the forum rules.

• IllIllIII
    @StarscreamUK why is my post not comming through validation?
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Like others have said, probably a scout hit you just before the kolibri. It's ok dude, I've been kolibri'd twice. I have a support group if you are having a tough time living with the shame.
  • IllIllIII
    What i do when i suspect someone, i first check the scoreboard too see his KD.
    Then i keep an eye on the killfeed for headshots and how fast the suspect kills.
    I also look a the chatbox if other find him/her suspicious.
    Then if all that makes him an pbvious cheater i go into spectator mode.
    There is where you can tell if he cheats or not (if not a subtle cheat).
    Then i start recording (with plays.tv from amd) and i report them and send the link of the video along.

Done this 2 times so far.
    Could have had 3 but the admin of the server kicked him before i could spectate and record him.

You will also find that real cheaters will not still long in one server because they are afraid they will be recognized.
    And some know when you start to spectate and will leave.
  • StarscreamUK
    7318 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    @StarscreamUK why is my post not comming through validation?

in spam queue, but I don't know why Askimet thinks its spam.

Fixed now.
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No game company so far has created a fool-proof AC system, though Blizzard's approach with Overwatch seems to be most efficient. People say that VAC is better than FairFight, but VAC bans in waves, so hackers get some time to prepare for the ban. Not to mention that Valve's games are very popular, so some very talented cheat developers are making free and premium cheats that easily go around VAC, especially for CSGO.

ESEA has a fairly effective system as well, but that AC has been known to be very invasive. Similar things have been said about BattlEye, though most of its rumours have been fabricated. If you want a highly effective AC, you have to be prepared to give up some of your privacy to a corporation.

The best way to avoid hackers is to play on current gen console. You can avoid hackers and cheaters on PC, but it is inevitable that you will encounter someone cheating. Some regions appear to have a higher proportion of hackers than others. It seems that Asia has a severe hacking problem, as my experiences with CSGO matchmaking, CoD and even racing games has proved. In other regions, there aren't too many hackers and cheaters to be paranoid about.

People actually hack on racing games? Lolwut?
  • IllIllIII
    @StarscreamUK ok thanx!