This Week in Battlefield V

12GB Update? Version 1.10?

Duece09
185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So I get on this morning to play a little bit and I have a 20 minute 12GB update to the game. Does anyone know what this is? 12GB update seems to be very substantial. I've looked around on forums and can't find and information. I've already downloaded the previous patch which changes UI and battlebacks and what not. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• bmatazz
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No when were you last on? Was on last night and there was no update
  • Duece09
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was on yesterday afternoon (Friday 10am Central Time) and their was no update. I logged on this morning and I'm still sitting here downloading a 12GB update. 12GB update is rather large.
  • Baasdreumes
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have no update? I really need one :D
  • forsa6200
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im more amaze on your 20 mins 12gb... that would take me 3 weeks to download where i come from...
  • Duece09
    Yeah, I'm really at a loss right now. Here i'm all excited there is some massive update/unannounced DLC or something. I should have known
  • Duece09
    edited July 2017
    OK so I think I figured out the issue. I installed GTA 5 on my PS4 yesterday and I'm wondering if my system deleted parts or all of BF1 and thats what the "update" was. Just me reinstalling/updating the game. Because when it got done downloading I had to agree to the user agreement BS again. ANd now, on the home page it says it's installing multiplayer and is 89% done. But I've never known my PS4 to just automatically delete things. If I'm trying to install a game on my system and there isn't enough room, it used to always tell me I can't download the game.

But it's weird because after the install and update of BF1 again, I still have like 45GB left on my system. So i'm really confused right now.
  • dcs500
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like you've lost the last three patches and/or the DLC or something, I think they are stored separately to the main game.
  • 19lee78
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    He wasn't upto date pre last update. Simples.
  • TamKingski
    1743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The 12gb update includes the latest game update and also all previous updates in one download file,this will rewrite the old data.
    This is just how most game patches are deployed on ps4,i think its so you dont need to download multiple game patches and probably saves the publisher some cash too as game patches can be expensive on sony/microsoft platforms.