Weekly BF

PLEASE DICE!! get rid of fog.

huricanechuck
1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
at least tone it down, this has got to be the single most annoyinng feature, i'm to the point of just leaving any game when fog rolls in , and sandstorms.

Comments

• crabman169
    12845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PLEASE *tards!! post in the thread(s) already about this.

FFS.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't mind the fog as it does give you some cover from snipers planes and tanks. But it does seem to be the most common weather you get in the game. Also, I was playing ballroom blitz last week when I did notice that there was thick fog inside the buildings as well.
  • doctorrocktor
    1824 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Haven't seen fog in ages,and fog is fine so are sandstorms it's there for a reason.
  • kbj1972
    259 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    I don't mind the fog as it does give you some cover from snipers planes and tanks. But it does seem to be the most common weather you get in the game. Also, I was playing ballroom blitz last week when I did notice that there was thick fog inside the buildings as well.

Nope. In some games snipers and planes could care less about the fog. Esp hack maybe.
  • PremiumBundle
    483 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    at least tone it down, this has got to be the single most annoyinng feature, i'm to the point of just leaving any game when fog rolls in , and sandstorms.

They are trying their best to make you more angry.

I do not know why?

Bad business, sense??

Happy customers are returning customers.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    kbj1972 wrote: »

Nope. In some games snipers and planes could care less about the fog. Esp hack maybe.

I'm on the XBOX-ONE so don't have to put up with hackers just 9 year olds who think they are still playing COD.

Isn't there a bug where one half of the map has thick fog but other side does not but the players can see perfectly well into the fog side of the map? I think I've seen that on here somewhere.
  • kbj1972
    It's client side. Some have fog while others haven't. So it's Dice actually doing the cheating. It's stupid to give some players an advantage like that.
  • disposalist
    8674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    kbj1972 wrote: »
    It's client side. Some have fog while others haven't. So it's Dice actually doing the cheating. It's stupid to give some players an advantage like that.
    Isn't there a bug where one half of the map has thick fog but other side does not but the players can see perfectly well into the fog side of the map? I think I've seen that on here somewhere.
    I've heard of that from *one* person in 1000 hours. If it has happened, it was a bug and it's not regular.
    And some, like me, like them. The atmosphere, the change in tactics, the limiting of snipers and planes (and tanks even). Excellent.
    I was playing ballroom blitz last week when I did notice that there was thick fog inside the buildings as well.
    I think without windows and doors and with no central heating in those old buildings there's no reason fog wouldn't roll indoors.
    Really, if this is so annoying that you are at the point of leaving the game, it might be time for a break yeah.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I always hated xthe fog as well.. but you know since 2 updates ago they added something even worse!!
    When there is no weather effect we now have the bright sun!!
    You would think with sunny weather, nice clear view!
    Nope!... you can't see because the sunni nearly always in you eyes....
    After that update clear view doesnt exsist anymore in bf1....
  • MarxistDictator
    4954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    No child, central heating has been a thing since the Ancient Greeks. The modern forms of space heating (furnace-primary supplied hot air, steam and hydronic) were invented as early as the 18th century with some dated patents found much earlier than that even. Space heat is not a 20th century innovation, it was very much a thing in WW1. Think cast iron radiators.

The lack of any space heating elements shown in buildings in game is purely DICE being lazy.

Similarly, fog is created from moisture that leaves the ground, by a temperature differential hanging near the earth instead of floating in the air. You do not have moisture venting off mostly solid and impermeable flooring indoors or else you'd have significant mold problems to where the building is probably immersed in water. Also, heated space.

So no, it's stupid and beyond unrealistic that it appears indoors. I think the term you were looking for was weather sealing because human civilization wouldn't have lasted 1 winter without the necessity of heat. Building heating systems as we know today were already fairly sophisticated by WW1 standards, basically all we've done since then are recover heat from combustion processes and improve appliance safety.

As for the gameplay getting better it's clearly not. As you said you just like it because things that annoy you are limited. Some people like playing the entire game. And you can't do that when fog is up, and play sessions are not fun when you're dealing with fog the majority of the time.

If you want to argue realism, I'd say the fog should be thinner as due to constant artillery bombardment and tree root displacement there would be less ground water movement and thus less humidity in the air.

Its way too commonplace and you wouldn't be in the minority camp if this wasn't concensus opinion by now. I'm sure the majority of people who play the game literally wouldn't care if they ever saw fog again with how overplayed it is. True facts.
  • disposalist
    8674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2017
    By "no central heating" I meant they wouldn't have made sure the boiler was stoked and running so the ballroom was heated for the nice soldiers to enjoy when the battle began. And it doesn't look like the soldiers are living there either. These places are all abandoned and probably for weeks and months before, but thanks for the really condescending history lesson and the "child" comment. Impressive.

As for weather sealing, it doesn't last long once the explosions start blowing doors off. And, no, I don't want to argue realism, just giving some reasons why it's not particularly ridiculous that the indoors are a bit misty.

I don't like fog because "things are limited" per se, it's because it changes up the tactics and keeps things interesting. Playing the same map in the same weather every time would be less interesting. *I* like playing the entire game. It's people that insist on doing nothing but sniping or flying, or whatever, that get most upset by fog, because they refuse to alter tactics.

I'd like to see more thunderstorms and rain and other stuff rather than fog. I could be persuaded that it's too commonplace, yeah. That would have made a more reasonable thread than caps, exclamations and demands to remove. True facts.
  • 19lee78
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yep get rid (maybe), came rolling in on FAO today and couldn't see nothing. Game was almost dead for 10 minutes, people quitting, hardly any kills or captures. Bloody pointless pointless thing is fog on certain maps.

Now as an opposite view the fog came in on Neville Nights and it must have been the most intense gameplay i've ever had.
  • Duece09
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I can see what they were going for with the fog, to try and alter the battle and change the way the map's played. It's adorable and all, and it was cute for a while but now it's getting old. Almost EVERY map I play on has it, at least tone it down a bit. Or add rain storms and differnt things like that.
  • kbj1972
    On the positive side. The wallhackers will get exposed.
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    PLEASE *tards!! post in the thread(s) already about this.

FFS.
    why do you feel the need to insult or call names in most of your post? are you such a sad person that the only way you can feel better about yourself is by putting other people down?
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yep get rid of fog but introduce thunder storm like in empires edge.
  • hermanJnr112
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't mind the concept of fog but

1. It seems to happen practically every round.

2. Many people seem to see right through it. I had a guy the other day casually gun me down with an automatico from the other side of a foggy field when I could barely see my own gun.

Same with snipers actually. I get sniped all the freaking time in rain and fog. Maybe it's spotting or something?
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

2. Many people seem to see right through it. I had a guy the other day casually gun me down with an automatico from the other side of a foggy field when I could barely see my own gun.

Same with snipers actually. I get sniped all the freaking time in rain and fog. Maybe it's spotting or something?

All because of the 3d spotting.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »

All because of the 3d spotting.

Nope dice knew about the cheating so they introduced fog for some hope. :D
  • Xrider
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's about fair play. If some see fog to a point they can't see the end of their gun, and other players do not see fog at all it ruins the game play, very frustrating to get killed by a player who has no fog on their end and you see nothing but white, just get rid of it completely, or ruduce the time it is active.

How about a gas attack fog (limited time) ,that forces both sides to put on masks to fight, that would equalize the problem of some seeing fog and others not.