Is this the end of BF as we know it?

Duece09
185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited July 2017
So, let me start off by saying I've put alot of time into BF1. In it's own right, this game can be fun at times, as can a lot of non battlefield shooters. However, I've come to realize just how much different this game is compared to all other battlefield titles to date. As a long time battlefield fan I've watched this beloved tactical (I realize there are other more tactical shooters out there) shooter turn into "something the whole family can enjoy" shooter. As I understand EA and Dice's reasoning for noobifying/casualizing the game, that doesn't mean I have to either like or agree with it.

The addition of the behemoths to me takes the cake. Players can't stand to just loose the game. or if they are loosing apparently according to Dice don't have to know how to some how launch a counter offensive or turn the tide of the game. So instead of leaving it up to the players and tactics (like before), they instead add these ridiculous "things". But because dice noobifyied/casualized the game they are probably right. The know how to actually tactically change the game is not there because of who's playing now. Just a bunch of people running around like chickens with their heads cut off.
And I really want to talk about the snap on aim assist but I don't want to make myself mad this morning. Even with all the issues BF4 had that game kept our 100% attention AT LEAST 2 years after release, same with BF3. I know there have been other threads on this matter, but I'm just a little worried. Is this style of battlefield going to rear it's ugly head again? Will this be the norm? Will we NEVER see a battlefield like we know it ever again?
Post edited by Duece09 on

Comments

• disposalist
    8502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "dice noobifyied/casualized the game"

If this is what nooby-casual looks like, I luv dem cazule noobz.

Best BF ever. It has it's issues, sure, as did all BFs. Some people don't like the way it's gone. Some didn't like the way BF *was* going and BF1 is a breath of fresh air.
  • Duece09
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    Like I said I have played this game a lot as I sit here and talk crap about it. It is after all at the end of the day if you can sift your way through all of the BS a Battlefield game. But let's not pretend this game hasnt been changed so your every day gamer can enjoy it. Not that battlefield was your top to your tactical shooter before but it certainly is farther from that then I had ever been now. If this is the route that dices taking with Battlefield that's fine there's really nothing that I can do. I either adjust to the random chaotic sequence of meaningless events that game seems to be or I don't play it. After all the complaining there are a lot of times where I have fun with this game, a lot of fun....however theres ALWAYS that BUT.

Sorry for the miss spelling and sentences that don't make sense. Trying to post using the voice texting on your phone just doesn't seem to work well
  • Duece09
    Agreed with Ram, the 2nd paragraph is just a rambling mess of nonsense. Behemoths are PC/entitlement culture? ROFLOLOLOL.

And also you are in the top 5% in behemoth kills.....pot...kettle.. and what not.

I see where you going with this, and yes in part, it MIGHT make me some what of a hypocrite. However, out of my 23,392 kills I have a mere 380 that are from behemoths. Which means, literally just over 1% (.0162) of my kills are from behemoths. My issue is not that I spend to much time in behemoths, it means I play this game to much lol. Which again, makes me some what of a hypocrite as I sit here and talk crap on BF1.
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Body.
  • V2Face
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Duece09 wrote: »
    So, let me start off by saying I've put alot of time into BF1. In it's own right, this game can be fun at times, as can a lot of non battlefield shooters. However, I've come to realize just how much different this game is compared to all other battlefield titles to date. As a long time battlefield fan I've watched this beloved tactical (I realize there are other more tactical shooters out there) shooter turn into "something the whole family can enjoy" shooter. As I understand EA and Dice's reasoning for noobifying/casualizing the game, that doesn't mean I have to either like or agree with it.

The addition of the behemoths to me takes the cake. This is just another example of our PC/entitlement culture we live in. Players can't stand to just loose the game. or if they are loosing apparently according to Dice don't have to know how to some how launch a counter offensive or turn the tide of the game. So instead of leaving it up to the players and tactics (like before), they instead add these ridiculous "things". But because dice noobifyied/casualized the game they are probably right. The know how to actually tactically change the game is not there because of who's playing now. Just a bunch of people running around like chickens with their heads cut off. People who have severe ADD and who would rather just leave the game if they are loosing rather then actually try and come back. I have TONS of friends on my friends list who are MAJOR battlefield fans. And after a couple months of this game's release, it went stale, boring, and we moved on. Something we thought we'd NEVER EVER DO as long time BF fans. Now, some of us have since came back (maybe lack of other games) but still. Even with all the issues BF4 had that game kept our 100% attention AT LEAST 2 years after release, same with BF3. I know there have been other threads on this matter, but I'm just a little worried. Is this style of battlefield going to rear it's ugly head again? Will this be the norm? Will we NEVER see a battlefield like we know it ever again?

Battlefield has and will always be casual stop abusing that word. If you feel like skill is above all else play R6:Siege, Overwatch competitive or CSGO.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The games brilliant, not sure what people expect.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The fact that BF1 has attracted people that were used to other types of FPS doesn't have anything to do with the present mechanics, but to a very powerful marketing campaign. I don't remember BF3 or BF4 having such strong advertisement, and BF1 did very well.

BF is not a milsim, so you won't find much tactics here. But saying that BF1 is more casual and less tactic than BF3/4... please.

Just yesterday I came accross with some funny BF4 gameplays on YT, and I didn't remember it was so f-easy.
    Tap firing from accross the map, low TTK, no recoil, unbalanced weapons, enemies constantly marked on the map... come on.

Oh, and don't forget about the UCAVs.

Yed, BF1 has Behemoths (which don't do anything most of the time anyway) and Elites (who die pretty easily); but it also has recoil, a dorito-free minimap, balanced classes and weapons (each one with their role), no lock-ons... anyway, you get the point.

It seems to me that you and your TONS of friends on your friends list who are MAJOR battlefield fans can't adapt, and thus, stick to easy mode.
  • Duece09
    edited July 2017
    Ram1c wrote: »
    Like I said I have played this game a lot as I sit here and talk crap about it. It is after all at the end of the day if you can sift your way through all of the BS a Battlefield game. But let's not pretend this game hasnt been changed so your every day gamer can enjoy it. Not that battlefield was your top to your tactical shooter before but it certainly is farther from that then I had ever been now. If this is the route that dices taking with Battlefield that's fine there's really nothing that I can do. I either adjust to the random chaotic sequence of meaningless events at this game seems to be or I don't play it. After all the complaining there are a lot of times where I have fun with this game

Sorry for the miss spelling and sentences that don't make sense. Trying to post using the voice texting on your phone just doesn't seem to work well

I have double your playtime and am a longtime bf veteran. I can tell you right now that even though they've made it more appealing to the average player, that only increases the difficulty for good players.

It is factually harder to play than previous titles, the rock, paper, scissors weapon styles make it so. The game is great and way better than that god awful bf4 ever was.

Plus, I'm pretty sure every bf was always a random chaotic sequence of meaningless events, it's multiplayer not a campaign mode lol. Which brings me to the question, what are you talking about?

I guess when I say BF1 seems like a "random chaotic sequence of meaningless event" what I mean to say is, sometimes I feel like I'm playing COD with a battlefield skin on it. In previous battlefield titles there seemed to be more team work and communication. I felt like I couldn't just walk into any situation on foot and be fine. I felt the need to flank, to communcate with team mates. I feel like in every game of conquest I'm just playing TDM. When in other battlefield games, it felt like I was playing an objective based game mode first, and shoot the enemy if they got in your way. And the heard mentality of this game with conquest is insane. NO ONE defends objectives. They just simply move onto the next one even though the one we literally just captured is being taken back.
  • M3ZZ4N1N3
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I for one am not worried about offending the relatively casual gamers who troll constantly these battlefield forums. I usually patrol looking for any sentiment that the game might someday grow up. That maybe sometime these hardcore casual players who have to rely on in game radar and aim assist will eventually migrate into skillful gaming. At this current state there is very little player skill involved in the battlefield series. As far as I am concerned, I have moved on to bigger and better titles that don't ponder to the weak. Anyone who will say this isn't a casual gamer extravaganza is honestly just covering his own hine. They know they are not the skillful gamers on any tier close to that of quake, unreal or csgo players. I don't know where battlefield is trying to go, but it would seem that it is indeed all about trying to get extra cash. But their model needs to be able to retain players. Leaving an open door to hackers and pandering to the casual gamers, who are the most add of all and most likely to jump ship on a whim, is what is going to kill this franchise. And EA being EA, they will fire a bunch of people and drop the project. In fact EA is the primary reason for the decline of battlefield and PC nonsense we see today. You want an example of PC? How about female soldiers... for make believe games it makes sense, for battlefield which got its start and success from hardcore gamers, it's a stunt to try and not offend feminists. This game has so much politically correct motivation it's point blank obvious if you know what you are looking at. I tried to keep up and give battlefield a chance, but it would seem that they will continue this decline until they just outright include hacks for players below a certain KD ratio. I don't get assistance becoming pro NFL if I suck, these gamers who can't climb the skill tree shouldn't get special treatment... anyhow some of us agree with you. For the others... check any critical post of battlefield and you will find them riding along the conversation to downplay anything the op says. I almost think they may be employees. Anyways look to better titles from other companies, you won't find satisfaction here.
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    M3ZZ4N1N3 wrote: »
    I for one am not worried about offending the relatively casual gamers who troll constantly these battlefield forums. I usually patrol looking for any sentiment that the game might someday grow up. That maybe sometime these hardcore casual players who have to rely on in game radar and aim assist will eventually migrate into skillful gaming. At this current state there is very little player skill involved in the battlefield series. As far as I am concerned, I have moved on to bigger and better titles that don't ponder to the weak. Anyone who will say this isn't a casual gamer extravaganza is honestly just covering his own hine. They know they are not the skillful gamers on any tier close to that of quake, unreal or csgo players. I don't know where battlefield is trying to go, but it would seem that it is indeed all about trying to get extra cash. But their model needs to be able to retain players. Leaving an open door to hackers and pandering to the casual gamers, who are the most add of all and most likely to jump ship on a whim, is what is going to kill this franchise. And EA being EA, they will fire a bunch of people and drop the project. In fact EA is the primary reason for the decline of battlefield and PC nonsense we see today. You want an example of PC? How about female soldiers... for make believe games it makes sense, for battlefield which got its start and success from hardcore gamers, it's a stunt to try and not offend feminists. This game has so much politically correct motivation it's point blank obvious if you know what you are looking at. I tried to keep up and give battlefield a chance, but it would seem that they will continue this decline until they just outright include hacks for players below a certain KD ratio. I don't get assistance becoming pro NFL if I suck, these gamers who can't climb the skill tree shouldn't get special treatment... anyhow some of us agree with you. For the others... check any critical post of battlefield and you will find them riding along the conversation to downplay anything the op says. I almost think they may be employees. Anyways look to better titles from other companies, you won't find satisfaction here.

I read until "as far as I am concerned, I have moved on to better and bigger titles that don't ponder to the weak".

Okay, balls of steel, we get it, you are COOL. Now move on from this casual forums as well, your majesty.

Jesus, some people...

*proceeds to vigorously stroke ego in a dark corner*
  • AaronTheZombie
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Best BF ever. It has it's issues, sure, as did all BFs. Some people don't like the way it's gone. Some didn't like the way BF *was* going and BF1 is a breath of fresh air.

The best Battlefield is Bad Company 2 :P And this game is definitely aligned in the correct direction when compared to Hardline and even Battlefield 4, it just isn't enough. It's Battlefield Lite. If it had all the features and the amount of content as BF4 it would easily be the best.
  • Duece09
    edited July 2017
    Bf4 kept you coming back? That was some kind of standard of what battlefield should be? It was casual as all hell. You basically had the enemy team on your radar 100% of the time because there were so many ways to get someone on the map. You even knew which way they were facing. All class garbage weapons? That's not casual at all huh? Yeah I'm just done. Who upvoted you?? Lmao

So, are you saying BF4 is more casual then BF1? I'm not sure I understand your sentiment. BF4 was BY NO MEANS the standard. Which is why I decided to point out that because of this fact, and all the flaws that BF4 had I still kept coming back to it. And because of it's flaws and such is VERY SURPRISING to me because your right, BF4 has major issues. In which case you'd think I would like BF1 more than BF4, but, most surprising to me, I don't.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ram1c wrote: »
    Like I said I have played this game a lot as I sit here and talk crap about it. It is after all at the end of the day if you can sift your way through all of the BS a Battlefield game. But let's not pretend this game hasnt been changed so your every day gamer can enjoy it. Not that battlefield was your top to your tactical shooter before but it certainly is farther from that then I had ever been now. If this is the route that dices taking with Battlefield that's fine there's really nothing that I can do. I either adjust to the random chaotic sequence of meaningless events at this game seems to be or I don't play it. After all the complaining there are a lot of times where I have fun with this game

I have double your playtime and am a longtime bf veteran. I can tell you right now that even though they've made it more appealing to the average player, that only increases the difficulty for good players.

It is factually harder to play than previous titles, the rock, paper, scissors weapon styles make it so. The game is great and way better than that god awful bf4 ever was.

Plus, I'm pretty sure every bf was always a random chaotic sequence of meaningless events, it's multiplayer not a campaign mode lol. Which brings me to the question, what are you talking about?

I guess when I say BF1 seems like a "random chaotic sequence of meaningless event" what I mean to say is, sometimes I feel like I'm playing COD with a battlefield skin on it. In previous battlefield titles there seemed to be more team work and communication. I felt like I couldn't just walk into any situation on foot and be fine. I felt the need to flank, to communcate with team mates. I feel like in every game of conquest I'm just playing TDM. When in other battlefield games, it felt like I was playing an objective based game mode first, and shoot the enemy if they got in your way. And the heard mentality of this game with conquest is insane. NO ONE defends objectives. They just simply move onto the next one even though the one we literally just captured is being taken back.

Lol really? Like the zombie flag running wasn't a thing in bf4 lol. Yes, maybe there was more communication, but bf1s commercial success brought a whole new slew of noobs, cod players, etc. but your dead wrong about the teamwork part. This title requires much more teamwork for just about everything.

The way the vehicles are set up and especially the weapons require you to seek out teamwork more than ever. i defend all the time and flanking is just as important if not more than ever. Your just getting into servers with noobs and having bad experiences, I suggest you squad up with friends or join a platoon.
    M3ZZ4N1N3 wrote: »

Loooooooooooooool I'm such a casual gamer that I play hardcore matches in rented servers with aim assist turned off. If you find bf1 completely casual and skill less then idk what to say lol. It's ridiculous to compare a game model like bf to games like CS, if CS did a 64 player lobby mode they would have to take some liberties as well.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me what is so skillful about games like CS and R6S, I guess camping in a room with your gun pointed at the door waiting for the enemy to come find you is really skillful rofl. You people on this forum crack me up with your infant logic lmao.
  • Duece09
    The fact that BF1 has attracted people that were used to other types of FPS doesn't have anything to do with the present mechanics, but to a very powerful marketing campaign. I don't remember BF3 or BF4 having such strong advertisement, and BF1 did very well.

BF is not a milsim, so you won't find much tactics here. But saying that BF1 is more casual and less tactic than BF3/4... please.

Just yesterday I came accross with some funny BF4 gameplays on YT, and I didn't remember it was so f-easy.
    Tap firing from accross the map, low TTK, no recoil, unbalanced weapons, enemies constantly marked on the map... come on.

Oh, and don't forget about the UCAVs.

Yed, BF1 has Behemoths (which don't do anything most of the time anyway) and Elites (who die pretty easily); but it also has recoil, a dorito-free minimap, balanced classes and weapons (each one with their role), no lock-ons... anyway, you get the point.

It seems to me that you and your TONS of friends on your friends list who are MAJOR battlefield fans can't adapt, and thus, stick to easy mode.

See to me, the behemoths, the elites, the snap on aim assist are all BS. But yes, the no lock on and such where and are highlights of the game. The stingers and mobile AA's that could reach across the map etc were defanitly getting old. Even with all of this, i find BF1 to be WAY WAY easier then BF4. You'd think it would be opposite with the lack of automatic weapons and lock on missiles. But, for some reason, BF1 seems to be the easiest battlefield to date for me and it's not even close. I'm not gods gift to this game, far from it, but I think for people that played these games a lot in the past, vs. casual's we can adjust to the gameplay faster than them which. Now, give them a automatic weapon like every other BF game or COD game and it's a little more of an even playing field. I don't know maybe I'm all wrong, just trying to figure out why this game feels like it's the easiest BF game I've played to date.