Weekly BF

just a question or debate about optical guns

huricanechuck
1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
does anyone who uses the optical version of any gun have a preference for a certain optic ? personally i like the circle, on my lewis gun optical , i've tried all 4 optics , but i feel more comfortable with the circle and seem to do better, same thing with mp18 , and hellriegal D .

Comments

• xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    does anyone who uses the optical version of any gun have a preference for a certain optic ? personally i like the circle, on my lewis gun optical , i've tried all 4 optics , but i feel more comfortable with the circle and seem to do better, same thing with mp18 , and hellriegal D .

Dot reticle for me since this game has horrible visual recoil.
  • CH1R0N83
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I use the T reticle formerly known as 'kobra'.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CH1R0N83 wrote: »

It's to big for my taste in this game.
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I usually go with the T as well. The others like the dot and circle don't stand out enough for me.
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I use the dot.
  • UglyNoah
    1244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On my model 10 slug I use circle
  • CH1R0N83
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xenome111 wrote: »
    CH1R0N83 wrote: »

It's to big for my taste in this game.

It's a preference that I've carried over from BF4 really. I don't really like the dot. I feel that it often gets, for lack of a better word, lost against the background.
  • disposalist
    8658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I like the optical. A couple of my "go to" weapons are the SMLE Carbine and the Selby16 Optical.

Red dot for me. I've tried the others but I find it hard to judge the accurate dead center without the very center marked.
  • UglyNoah
    1244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I use the dot on the 10A Slug
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I prefer using the cross beam reticle on optical variants. I know that it covers up more of the screen compared to a simple red dot, but for some reason, I do better with the cross beam. The only weapon that I really use an optical variant for is the Huot, since the optic and the foregrip basically turn it into a proto-assault rifle.
  • FightingSioux8
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I usually use optical and carbine versions with the small red dot. I do like the T though too. I generally don't like a lot of zoom and I think the T would work better if you had a 2.0 + magnification.
  • ElliotLH
    8526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I use the dot as I felt that the other optics obscured my targets.
  • disposalist
    8658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    UglyNoah wrote: »
    I use the dot on the 10A Slug
    Weirdly it was having to use the 10-A Slug (for a medal - shotgun headshots I think) that got me used to the lens/ladder optical sight and onto scout carbines.

Thanks, 10-A Slug ;)