BF4 RSP still so much better!

StrictlyBattle
90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
As much as we appreciate having the latest RSP update, the basics are still needed
Why can't we have BF4s RSP options on BF1?

People want to compete but it is a nightmare because we still can't move players... (avail on BF4 RSP)

We have admin but still only the server owner can change server settings... (avail on BF4 RSP)

It went from 6 maps to 16 maps to 15 maps allowed..
Still can't save favorite map rotations... (avail on BF4 RSP)

These are some of the basics still needed...
These recommendations are coming from people who actually run servers.
Please consider at the very least the ability to move players from one team to another so our platoons can compete

Comments

• DANNYonPC
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yea, thats what you get when you dont allow third party stuff ._.
    #ripProcon
  • StrictlyBattle
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I completely understand DICE wanting to be 100% in house with the RSP but all that had to be done was copy and paste. The BF4 RSP version is still kicking butt.

The code is fairly simple for this kind of set up.
    It really is... (I took 4 years of computer programming)

You would think with the roll out of the platoons you would at the very least make the RSP competition friendly.

I want it to be known that...
    I'm not complaining at all.
    Just trying to point out some things I know people expect when they pay money for the BF1 RSP. They think its going to be exactly like the BF4 RSP.

I will say, overall the auto fill works great and whoever wrote the code for that did a great job. (=

I just don't know how to convey how important it is for some of these options to be mandatory in a way to be taken seriously.

I have personally had countless issues with unbalance servers at the beginning of a round.
    32v19 at the beginning of a round for just 2 minutes creates complete domination by 1 side.
    This is death to a server because there is no way to move players around. (Avail on BF4 RSP)

I want to point out I gave a very detailed, bare bones list on what is absolutely necessary for the BF1 RSP to be amazing way back in April.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/101431/we-need-no-admin#latest
  • Axlerod1
    1372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I got you beat. I brought this up months before game came out. First thread on june 30, 2016.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/28636/bf1-servers-thread-for-discussion-of-server-rentals-and-settings/p1
    It was merged with several other thread but if you check dates, mine is the second post.
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I will say, overall the auto fill works great and whoever wrote the code for that did a great job. (=

If you refer to quickmatch traffic here, newsflash. That has been disabled since november 2016. All the traffic you get is by people being able to see your server in the server browser.

Aside from that BF4 "RSP" does not exist as it was basically EA just giving hosting companies the option to host BF4 servers and the admin tools are all community made. One needs to know that all the admin tools we had since BF1942 till BFH are community made. EA/DICE are literally reinventing the wheel for their own gain, which frankly could work, but not like it has been going and still is going.

I remain with the, EA/DICE need to go in all the way with development or just abandon this at all. One thing is certain, SWBF2 will be a new testing ground for RSP if there will be any. If there is no RSP then don't expect it for BF 2018 and BF1 to ever be finished.
  • Axlerod1
    1372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    From what I have heard, Swbf2 won't have RSP. Probably won't have a server browser either, again.
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What a surprise that would be! Not..
  • CrashCA
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not to be negative, but we are approaching 9 months from release and over two months of nothing for RSP improvements. Face it this is all we will get. Take a look at PC player numbers.
  • oRapozao
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Realmente está complicado, o meu Esquadrão alugou um servidor pro 3 meses, mas só o proprietário mode configura-ló, ele nem sempre esta Online :(
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just have to add that the RSP in BF:V from 2004 was better than this crap.
  • D1_Patton
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I do complain, actually I didn't want to admit but I wait with buying a new BF game. No idea when a new BF-game will be released but for now I am going to wait and see. To be honest I am actually contemplating to buy the new CoD this November. Why? Because of all the issues with renting a server!

I've been reading a lot on topics here and didn't reply or post much but the RSP has so many issues. The game itself is playable, yes there are a few bugs but I guess every game has them. I like to play BF1 but can't deny that BF4 was better developed when it comes to RSP and a bit less also with the gameplay. They never should have taken the choice to rent them by their own in my opinion. The option "manual/auto team balance" had to be released together with the "kick/ban" option. Not even mentioning server-control, that only the owner can add or remove maps is quite ridiculous. Every clan has more owners or members who control their server(s).

Just what StrictlyBattle said; was copy and paste too hard? Or were they too proud and decided to make a complete interface for the RSP? Fact is that it's not working as it should be.

I'm not a programmer so I can't give solutions to make it all better, I'm a gamer and want to battle with or against with my online friends.
  • iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sadly RSP is not priority for DICE.

Just look at the front page of the Forums, the stickied threads - Battlepacks, Premium Friends, FNB etc. Look at the amount of traction those threads receive and then look at the RSP section.

December 22 was the last update from @Striterax on here, with the odd post from @Braddock512 since then.

Of course we realise everything cant be disclosed by DICE for a ton of reasons but just a post every now and again to say 'we're working on this guys' or 'we're listening to what the BF Community leaders need' would be nice.

I mean BF Competitive is coming out, how the hell is that even going to work with the RSP we have now?

BF4 RSP was solid and easy to use (I'm on console so didnt need to go into the detail required on PC) and I could set up matches, comps etc very simply. QM traffic helped a lot and we had regular non platoon players on our servers. It was also a great way to recruit players.

I think the future is bleak for BF1 RSP...
  • Braddock512
    1272 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Of course we realise everything cant be disclosed by DICE for a ton of reasons but just a post every now and again to say 'we're working on this guys' or 'we're listening to what the BF Community leaders need' would be nice.
    Yeah, we tried that and got shot down by negativity and borderline abuse from a couple of members of this community - repeatedly. (They pretty much post in every RSP thread, and it's rarely constructive.)

For some reason, it's hard to understand that we can't discuss things that may be coming in upcoming updates because:
    1. It may not make it past the final certification for all platforms.
    2. It may/may not work as intended, thus we have to pull it back from this build.
    3. NDA

For a FACT, I can tell you that there's some more features coming very soon. I cannot discuss what they are.

Secondarily (and this has been said a few times, for sure), my reports that go to DICE studio (LA and Stockholm) LITERALLY have a rather large section focused on.... RSP.
    Bugs, fixes, tweaks, recent updates, RSP, and Battlefield Companion. Every. Single. Report. They are aware of the numerous requests - some not feasible - regarding RSP and features, and they continue to prioritize and re-organize their build-plans to include more features.

Finally, let's remember that previous Battlefield games didn't get an update every month. It was about every 3 months. These monthly updates include game fixes, UI tweaks, balancing, map adjustments, sometimes additional content (Nivelle Nights and Prise de Tahure, for example), and RSP features that are confirmed working and passed CERT.

There is a July update coming. Hang tight.

CrashCA wrote: »
    Face it this is all we will get.
    Wrong, but good try.

-Braddock512-

This discussion has been closed.