BFNations: European Championships

Anwar_BFNations
5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited July 2017
Hi everyone!

My name is Anwar, and I’m one of the co-founders of BFNations (http://www.bfnations.com)

We are a thriving community of BF1 players from everywhere in the world. Every player in our community can register for their nations to find others from within their own nation to play with, and even try out for their national side.

I won’t waste too much of your precious time talking about us though. If you’re interested in learning more about BFN, you can refer to this article

A couple of days ago, we officially announced our very first 5 vs 5 European Championship, here’s the promo vid:

The tournament will begin on the 7th of July, with the final taking place on the 13th of August. You can find our groups, fixtures and full schedule here: https://www.bfnations.com/articles/2017/6/17/bfn-euro-championships-tournament-schedule

The grand prize for the winning nation is £1500 and some sweet BFN merch. We’re not sponsored in any way. This is fully funded by our team of BF enthusiasts that want to see the competitive stage for Battlefield grow into something bigger.

More tournaments, nations and possibly even platforms (we’re currently focusing on PS4) will be opened up in the future.

Finally, here are our socials if you want to stay in touch with what we're doing:

Discord: https://discord.gg/KuXefHp
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/bfnations
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY8EFp5QSb-lW8hohl_o6PQ
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BFNations

.. and with that said, feel free to ask us ANYTHING!

Comments

• Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This is a really good community, run by some top guys who do actually care and are willing to help when needed.

This is probably the biggest event on BF1, they offer practices for people to improve and never close the door on anyone, it really is a pleasure to be part of it!

Keep up the hard work chaps, your doing a grand job.

Love Rev <3 xxx
  • THE_MOH_FIGHTER
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Freut mich :-) G
  • xXPhantom2332Xx
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have been in since the beginning,and even tho it looked like another organisation, like others we have had at the competitive scene of bf games,I have to say that this guys deserve it all,the community is always growing, and I'm looking forward to see more of them,(if only Dice supported things like this -_-)

Great people here and maybe more (you that are reading this)to come.

See ya on the BFNfield
  • Prep768
    3056 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I received a psn message from keso3k a while ago now regarding joining bfn, kinda regretting not following through with it now, especially as the uk platoon is full
    *kicks stone with hands in pockets*
  • Ahmed_Rodriguez
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You can still join the other uk platoon its not full, also dice please please support BFN they are what we need for comp honestly they have done a great job and im sure they will content to do so!
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is awesome, guys. You deserve all the love you can get. Any North American comps coming?
  • xenon_eleven
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Such a great community to be a part of, never played competitively, but these guys are really encouraging. Progression teams are an important part of the community, helping noobs like me get into competitive play
  • sfreeman73
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Great news hope all keeps going well

I received my invite a while back but I have yet to join up for one very good reason I suck at shooting I'm great at tank hunting medicing lobbing ammo and popping flares but when it comes to killing I'm bad I have worse aim than church and think my spot would be better served by a truly skilled player
  • Anwar_BFNations
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @sfreeman73

BFNations isn't limited to Domination!

Our game modes will keep expanding, and there will be a place for planes / tanks aswell :-)
  • sfreeman73
    @sfreeman73

Our game modes will keep expanding, and there will be a place for planes / tanks aswell :-)

It isn't the game mode that bothers me (nice to read their are plans to expand though) what bothers me is my K/D is Bearley 0.75 not good for competition (I'd love to see my revive to death ratio for when I'm running medic I like to think it's quite good)
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    sfreeman73 wrote: »
    @sfreeman73

It isn't the game mode that bothers me (nice to read their are plans to expand though) what bothers me is my K/D is Bearley 0.75 not good for competition (I'd love to see my revive to death ratio for when I'm running medic I like to think it's quite good)

Now that would be a stat i'd love to see, Revive to Death, i could (and i know a couple more) compete with you on that one :)
  • LamparaNera
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @sfreeman73

We have Progression teams, which are training teams where you can develop and improve your gameplay with other team mates at a similar skill level to yours. Check it out!
  • HuwJarz
    3789 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @sfreeman73

Come on then.........what is it? I also play medic almost full time and also have a bad k/d ratio. Assume that if you played medic for 75% of the time that 75% of your deaths are medic deaths. Then work out heals per death.

I have 24211 deaths. Yes, you read that right.

I played medic 68% of my time = 16463 deaths.

I have 37009 heals
    I have 8350 revives

Therefore my:

2.24 heals per death
    0.50 Revives per death.

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed with the second stat. Thought I was better than that! lol
  • sfreeman73
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    @sfreeman73

Come on then.........what is it? I also play medic almost full time and also have a bad k/d ratio. Assume that if you played medic for 75% of the time that 75% of your deaths are medic deaths. Then work out heals per death.

I have 24211 deaths. Yes, you read that right.

I played medic 68% of my time = 16463 deaths.

I have 37009 heals
    I have 8350 revives

Therefore my:

2.24 heals per death
    0.50 Revives per death.

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed with the second stat. Thought I was better than that! lol

Nice Well my heals per min is only 0.93 but my revives per minute is 0.275 which does not sound like much but that works out to 1 revive every three and a half minutes not great but still good considering how many people skip to the spawn screen
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Welcome to my world @Anwar_BFNations @LamparaNera

I vouch for BFnations. Have been there from the beginning. Join on Discord and you can thank me later :)
  • Lortmann
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Good job so far, BFN!
  • chap_chap_chap69
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Amazing community!

Everyone's super friendly and events are always run really smoothly and professionally! Streams/Videos are of great quality too and really enjoyable!
  • FF_smart27
    1956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Where's Greece? :neutral:
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2017
    If anyone from the UK are interested in joining up or want to know anything related to the UK competitive scene on BFNations send me a message (I look after the UK Progressions Team). If competitive play isn't your thing, that is no problem, we still have a vibrant community where you can make new friends and squad up with other players from around the globe.