Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Official Servers with all maps?

Osprey_Wilks
6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
As a Premium player once again I have a massive issue with the state of the official servers.

Why can't we have official servers supporting all the Vanilla and DLC maps? When my OAP Platoon jump into a server we are there for many hours and don't want to switch servers just to play other maps and lose other friends upon the way.

Some of you are maybe thinking why don't we rent a server? We've had a server previously for months and currently have one just for a week but we just can't fill it up. We've tried the PS4 Community to advertise but once again it's proved to be a waste of money.

Surely there are many of you just wish to play on a server which rotates all maps for the variety? I like the DLC maps but with just a rotation of 5 maps the same ones come around too quickly.

Comments

• HuwJarz
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's a nice idea, but in practice, it does not work. As soon as you get a DLC map in the rotation, the server dies due to the number of people that do not have premium. This is the experience we have from our server, but it will be no different on DLC servers, UNLESS they are clearly marked as rotation servers and taken out of quick match for non premium players.

I'm not being defeatist. Just pragmatic.
  • KristyBrighton
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 10
    *removed - do not post your clan in other platoon threads, Make your own in future*.
  • HuwJarz
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 10
    *removed - do not post your clan in other platoon threads, Make your own in future*.

What's this got to do with the OP's question, or are you just spamming the forums on this and other threads?
  • chaotic_xXx_kiwi
    301 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm all for it too official dice all map server I wld be happy (including frontlines )
  • dcs500
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Or just run servers like in BF3, some with all maps, some just dlc, some just vanilla maps.
  • Osprey_Wilks
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just to follow on from first post. We spent a total of around 90 minutes in our server last night waiting for it to possibly fill up. 'All Maps' was listed in the title so perhaps nobody wants to play all the rotation after all.

I'm looking forward to the next DLC but this server situation is splitting the game into mini expansions on their own rather than giving us a chance to play everything.
  • TamKingski
    1125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    As a Premium player once again I have a massive issue with the state of the official servers.

Why can't we have official servers supporting all the Vanilla and DLC maps? When my OAP Platoon jump into a server we are there for many hours and don't want to switch servers just to play other maps and lose other friends upon the way.

Some of you are maybe thinking why don't we rent a server? We've had a server previously for months and currently have one just for a week but we just can't fill it up. We've tried the PS4 Community to advertise but once again it's proved to be a waste of money.

Surely there are many of you just wish to play on a server which rotates all maps for the variety? I like the DLC maps but with just a rotation of 5 maps the same ones come around too quickly.

I agree it would be nice to have official servers with all maps in one rotation.
    Im sure its possible and might not sit well with the community but Perhaps having a few premium pass only servers available?
    that way everyone in them would own all maps/content.
  • Raas187
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TamKingski wrote: »

I agree it would be nice to have official servers with all maps in one rotation.
    Im sure its possible and might not sit well with the community but Perhaps having a few premium pass only servers available?

This.

At the very least there should be some public servers with all maps in rotation. Sorry, but this is BS - I have to do more searching and waiting for a spot for a server with all maps, or choose one that dosn´t, than I am actually getting to play the game (which I did pay a lot for when it was first released).
  • El_Twin86
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I also agree, DICE a few servers with all maps and dlcs dedicated to those who spent their money on premium would be nice.
  • Sylarokk
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thank you! Im asking for this in the foruns but no one seems to Care. I dont understand how people are satisfied with this situation...
  • 1SuperstarNisho
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I would love an all map solution... the maps should be marked 'Premium-only' (available to all during premium trials events) to begin with and hopefully, enough people populate the server to keep it going.
  • JediMastaWyn
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This has been an ongoing issue for as long as I can remember, well back to BF3 (First console server browser)

I have no idea why they cannot technically have an official server with all the maps in rotation.

Secondly there is the ongoing issue of filling servers with randoms which unless you have a massively popular server is a futile exercise. Surely a rented server should have access to quick match players. Is there some Dice explanation as to why not.
  • Osprey_Wilks
    Hopefully we'll get some Official 'All Map Servers' soon. I've given up trying to fill private server, it's just chucking money down the drain.
  • llIBertIll
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Agreed OP. Don't see how this has not already been done since it's a pretty basic concept and surely can't be hard to do.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Raas187 wrote: »

This.

At the very least there should be some public servers with all maps in rotation. Sorry, but this is BS - I have to do more searching and waiting for a spot for a server with all maps, or choose one that dosn´t, than I am actually getting to play the game (which I did pay a lot for when it was first released).

You know Dice runs that Premium friends, so why not have all maps in rotation while that is going on at loeast.
  • Trokey66
    4208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Whilst I fully agree with and support this idea (which isn't new, BF3 had it), I fear @HuwJarz is correct.
  • Sylarokk
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Whilst I fully agree with and support this idea (which isn't new, BF3 had it), I fear @HuwJarz is correct.

Exactly, BF3 already had this...i feel bf1 has server problems that ive never had playing Battlefield :/
  • neverdiephoenix
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bumping this. We need official servers that support all maps
  • Osprey_Wilks
    We had a great Sunday night on the Battlefield with our OAP Community but yet again we had to pull out of the server half way through the night and get everyone back into a server for the base maps. Please just trial an official server or with all maps. There was a private one available with all maps but you had to dig deep to find it and then you have the issue of trying to fill it.