Tank Hunter Plane changing the dynamic of game...

PixelMover
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
So I've notice lately that the Tank Hunter planes are able to get unchallenged by vehicles on the ground. Even the AA against them seem to be little help as well.

Tank vs Tank it seems to take a lot of back and forth tell someone gets enough shots to kill the other tank. But you put the tank hunter plane with a skilled pilot they can wipe you off the map in one run.

So my question to the community is this...
Is this a good or bad thing for the game does it change the balance out of the game?

Comments

• Skeater44
    106 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think every time something is changed in a patch it changes the dynamics of the game, sometimes good and sometimes not so. The Tank Hunter Plane drives me crazy as well as all the Attack Planes, they seem to have made them more maneuverable and flying against them you take it from both the main gunner and a tail gunner that can turn completely around and for some reason be able to shoot through his pilot and plane. This is not very fun for a Trench Fighter or Dogfighter, I have also seen what they can do to ground and ya it is nasty, especially in a skilled pilots hands, but it seems to be trial and error for the developers, and they change things with the comments of the players, at least some things get changed, like the AA and the Trench Fighter, as well as other things.
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    495 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I see people rack up 50+ kills in tanks all the time. Still very easy to do.
    -
    A tank hunter plane is welcomed.
  • mr_ip3ngi
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 10
    PixelMover wrote: »
    Even the AA against them seem to be little help as well.

Apparently you do not fly the attack planes, try flying it and tell me the AA is not useful, we are constantly bombarded my stationary AA and mobile AA and if there are other Planes in the air we barely have time to focus on the tanks that are rolling over our team on the ground.

The AA is extremely powerful against air and it does not need to be changed, if I wanted to whine and cry I would say he range is way to powerful on the AA variants, but hey I do my best to know where the AA is, but this doesn't always work when you constantly have planes on your tail.

Also sometimes I cant kill a tank in 4 passes with the tank hunter if they have a team repairing, and thats if I am able to get 4 passes off in a row without being interrupted by MAA stationary AA or a plane, which is rarely the case.

Thanks,

mr_ip3ngi
  • IllIllIII
    3436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It does encourage pilots more to attack tanks tho, which is imo the purpose of planes.... attacking tanks.
  • mr_ip3ngi
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    It does encourage pilots more to attack tanks tho, which is imo the purpose of planes.... attacking tanks.

Yup my main focus in the air is taking out heavy armor but there are very short windows of time to do this and only sometimes I can completely wipe a tank out just depends whats going on with AA and other planes on the other team Its all a balance it newels good the way it is if I let my guard down I will be destroyed in two seconds by a AA.

But make no mistake you need plans to kill heavy armor just like a food chain, my job is to kill armor so infantry can cap flags and not get destroyed by armor the entire game. Thats why Battlefield is the best game IMO!
  • Removed11322
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Even if you can soften up, finish off or even just slow a tank down it's a valuable asset.
    However, I don't know why people are saying the AT plane is op?! It's easy to take out with any other variant of attack or fighter plane.
  • staRS-SirBob
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NUT5ACK wrote: »
    Even if you can soften up, finish off or even just slow a tank down it's a valuable asset.
    However, I don't know why people are saying the AT plane is op?! It's easy to take out with any other variant of attack or fighter plane.
    The AT plane is far from OP. It takes a lot of practice to master. But those pilot who master it make it seem easy.
  • IllIllIII
    3436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The AT plane is far from OP. It takes a lot of practice to master. But those pilot who master it make it seem easy.

Problem is when got 2 pro infantry in the enemie team they will not annoy you and you got still a great chance to win.

When you have 2 pro pilots in the enemy team they will make it your worsed matched of the week and they will make the difference between win or lose.
  • Removed11322

Agreed, I love it but took ages to get used to.

IllIllIII wrote: »

Problem is when got 2 pro infantry in the enemie team they will not annoy you and you got still a great chance to win.

When you have 2 pro pilots in the enemy team they will make it your worsed matched of the week and they will make the difference between win or lose.

If I have a game where I see that happening, I'm straight up there in a dog fighter or bomber killer to sort that out. By no means am I a "top pilot" or anything but I can easily take out two attack planes within minutes,and during my efforts they are immediately diverted from hitting ground targets in favour of trying to evade me.
    If nobody on your team is doing something about it, then they should be.
  • staRS-SirBob
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 10
    @IllIllIII wrote;
    I meant AT attack plane compared to the AG attack plane but you are absolutely right.
    We have 3 good pilots in "stars" and when playing at the same time it's total air dominance and infantry farming.
    And DICE did a mistake by chancing the speed of the Attack plane. Now it can take on fighters and that's wrong.
  • staRS-SirBob
    @NUT5ACK wrote:
    I'm straight up there in a dog fighter or bomber killer to sort that out
    Most of the time this is true, but i guess you also have come across an AP with pilot and gunner coordinated.
    They will hunt you and not the other way around and there not much you can do. Before you can get behind your already damaged to much.
  • Esk1m0z4mb1k
    226 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TH AP versus tanks is fine, it takes quite a bit of skill to one pass an average tanker.

The problem is both GS and TH AP can destroy other planes very effectively due to their increased mobility and broken damage model (TH can easily 1-shot other planes) while also being able to farm the ground very effectively.
  • Removed11322
    edited July 10
    @NUT5ACK wrote:
    I'm straight up there in a dog fighter or bomber killer to sort that out
    Most of the time this is true, but i guess you also have come across an AP with pilot and gunner coordinated.
    They will hunt you and not the other way around and there not much you can do. Before you can get behind your already damaged to much.

Just need to bide your time until they go back to ground farming. Surprise them with your rocket volley, the wings are shot and the pilot cannot give the rear gunner a stable platform to shoot from. Easy finish with the guns or the cowards just bail.
  • staRS-SirBob
    @NUT5ACK wrote:
    Just need to bide your time until they go back to ground farming. Surprise them with your rocket volley, the wings are shot and the pilot cannot give the rear gunner a stable platform to shoot from. Easy finish with the guns or the cowards just bail.
    Agree, good tactic.
  • IllIllIII
    @IllIllIII wrote;
    I meant AT attack plane compared to the AG attack plane but you are absolutely right.
    We have 3 good pilots in "stars" and when playing at the same time it's total air dominance and infantry farming.
    And DICE did a mistake by chancing the speed of the Attack plane. Now it can take on fighters and that's wrong.

I make sure i'll be in your squad again ;)
  • buster126
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think the only adjustment that is needed is to make air to air AT round cause less damage. I can easily kill a bomber with 2 AT rounds in like 5 seconds. That's not fair. Poor bomber. But I guess I have to abuse the **** out of the system if that's what they want.
  • Esk1m0z4mb1k
    buster126 wrote: »
    I think the only adjustment that is needed is to make air to air AT round cause less damage. I can easily kill a bomber with 2 AT rounds in like 5 seconds. That's not fair. Poor bomber. But I guess I have to abuse the **** out of the system if that's what they want.

Both GS and TH attack planes should deal way less damage to air targets, but I agree the TH variant is the worst. Still waiting for the well deserved nerf.
  • Removed11322
    edited July 11

That won't make sense. Less damage to a wooden kite than a steel armoured tank?
    Your rear / front gunner should be sorting that out. Don't have one then tough really.
    Blame Dice for making them taxi seats instead of dedicated gunners who can't bail out.
  • Esk1m0z4mb1k

Your rear / front gunner should be sorting that out. Don't have one then tough really.
    Blame Dice for making them taxi seats instead of dedicated gunners who can't bail out.

This is non-sense. Balancing > realism in BF games, it has always been and should remain this way, period.

Having good gunners won't stop a proper TH AP pilot from destroying bombers, you would know that if you had any experience with bombers.
  • buster126
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Well actually it would, the AT round would go straight through the wooden frame, unlike if it were armor, where it splatters and turns into a shotgun inside a tank. But like the other dude says, balance should always come before realism. This is a game, not a simulation. Anyone that thinks Bf1 is "realistic" needs to get their head checked.