Weekly BF

either fix bayonet or get rid of it

huricanechuck
1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
i'm am so sick of bayonet charges being a form of panic knifing from point blank range

Comments

• huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    I think the power of the attack should increase during the charge...
    So from point blank thats like a 35 damage..

i could live with that , that way , a point blank attack is not auto-kill
  • disposalist
    8675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Good idea yup
  • EoG_Alchemist
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Are you telling me you don't like being killed from a panic point blank range kill animation???
  • SoleSurvivor116
    233 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I'd be happy with that aslong as it the range for a full charge is like ten meters because people can still charge you and it can be difficult to kill them in time
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Indeed, the charge is being used like a 'panic knife'. It almost makes your melee weapon useless.
    I thought that you were supposed to run for a while before you can charge, but no, a man could be pretty much standing still and then running at you like a raging bull within milliseconds...
  • crabman169
    12845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd appreciate it if it was consistent.

Dude from prone/standing still/90° around a corner/1080° can bayonet me but I can't bayonet someone standing still with their back to me...

I just love going through and boucing off people yet have them literally do a 1080° and bascially counter charge me
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    I'd appreciate it if it was consistent.

Dude from prone/standing still/90° around a corner/1080° can bayonet me but I can't bayonet someone standing still with their back to me...

I just love going through and boucing off people yet have them literally do a 1080° and bascially counter charge me

Dude!!! I thought it was just me having this problem too. The last couple of games I was going for my 25 bayonet kills to finish the assignment and ran into this a LOT! If you're not perfectly square on someone, you bounce off or run through them without the kill. I missed so many times even when going after someone who was standing perfectly still. I'm not even a fan of the bayonet charge and none of the guns I run with regularly have it equipped. But, to be truthful after using it myself, anyone saying the bayonet needs to be nerfed more are just crying for no good reason. I even tried panic charging a few times and think I landed it once or maybe 2 times at the absolute most. I'm just glad to be done with this assignment so I can get the thing off my rifles and go back to my regular playstyle.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    825 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @crabman169 @x_Undaunted_x

That's weird, I tend to find it's the opposite. I mean, if I charge at someone from behind, and the angle is off, it gets autocorrected and snaps to the victim, even around corners...

My main problem with the bayonet charge is that it activates when I didn't want it to, quite often.
  • DarkTiger29
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I can't tell you how many times I've used the charge only to go flying right past the person. However, they can come around a corner and seems like they have a heat seeker on theirs to nail me. Now I see a lot more of getting an enemy shoulder charge me..no animation on the bayonet but will kill me and they aren't sprinting, just running along like usual.

Another issue I've been having is when I will try to bayonet charge and my character will just swing his weapon and I'll have to try to activate it a second time. Another thing they should have just left well enough alone because it worked when it first came out now it's broken.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

That's weird, I tend to find it's the opposite. I mean, if I charge at someone from behind, and the angle is off, it gets autocorrected and snaps to the victim, even around corners...

My main problem with the bayonet charge is that it activates when I didn't want it to, quite often.

I wish I would have had your problem because I would have finished that assignment in 1 night's worth of gaming. It never once auto-corrected for me, ever. I lost track of how many times I called BS because it didn't work on someone standing still with their back to me. I never had a problem with it activating when I didn't want to, but there were several times I tried to charge and all it did was pull out and equip my knife. That was extremely frustrating.

Maybe it's different because of the platform. I'm on PS4 and I know crabman is on XB1. Are you experiencing this on PC?
  • Kattegat_Twin
    825 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, I'm on PC.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    My favorite thing is with the melee or bayonet you see the full animation of the blade/bayonet being shoved deep inside the enemy's neck and then all of a sudden NOPE THE PERSON YOU JUST SKEWERED ACTUALLY KILLED YOU SORRY LOL. It really goes to show just how far apart some people are playing from everyone else with the netcode.