This Week in Battlefield V

What happened to emblems?

Duece09
185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited July 2017
So I noticed that now I'm not seeing as many emblems on the kills screen after getting killed, or in the highlights part of the end game menu. For the most part, I'm seeing either some generic one, or a picture of their platoon emblem. I do have user created content turned on, and I changed nothing to the effect ever, but started noticing this a while ago. Some people show their emblems some don't. I've noticed even my emblem doesn't show anymore, it's platoon emblem. Not that I care that much about emblems but whats going on?

When I say emblems, I'm refering to the ones we created through the battle log system etc. Not my PS4 avatar etc.

Comments

  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    platoon emblems trump your personal emblem. The end of round highlights show either your platoon emblem or a generic team emblem instead of your avatar since it was added back in.
  • Duece09
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hawcer wrote: »
    platoon emblems trump your personal emblem. The end of round highlights show either your platoon emblem or a generic team emblem instead of your avatar since it was added back in.

    Oh ok, so they've completely gotten rid of personally created emblems then? Which is weird because I still see them sometimes.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    Duece09 wrote: »
    hawcer wrote: »
    platoon emblems trump your personal emblem. The end of round highlights show either your platoon emblem or a generic team emblem instead of your avatar since it was added back in.

    Oh ok, so they've completely gotten rid of personally created emblems then? Which is weird because I still see them sometimes.

    they aren't gone yet. but if you are in a platoon, that emblem will probably be "highlighted" more.

    I made a personal platoon, just so I didn't have a generic emblem in the end of round highlights,LOL
  • disposalist
    8605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    You know that avatars no longer show, just emblems? If you really do mean emblems aren't showing for you then that's a bug. I always see mine.
  • Duece09
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You know that avatars no longer show, just emblems? If you really do mean emblems aren't showing for you then that's a bug. I always see mine.

    Yeah I'm talking about the emblems that we were able to create on battlelog/battlefield companion. The user created ones that were ALWAYS shown before. There for a while I was always seeing PSN Avatars. But now at the end of the game, and when I get killed, I'm mostly seeing generic emblems or platoon ones. When I kill someone else, or when I'm highlighted at the end of a game my platoon emblem ALWAYS comes up, never the one I created myself that I've been using since the end of beginning of time.

    The other dude says the platoon emblems will always how over personnaly created ones. So, if your in a platoon you can't use your old emblems?
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Duece09 wrote: »
    You know that avatars no longer show, just emblems? If you really do mean emblems aren't showing for you then that's a bug. I always see mine.

    Yeah I'm talking about the emblems that we were able to create on battlelog/battlefield companion. The user created ones that were ALWAYS shown before. There for a while I was always seeing PSN Avatars. But now at the end of the game, and when I get killed, I'm mostly seeing generic emblems or platoon ones. When I kill someone else, or when I'm highlighted at the end of a game my platoon emblem ALWAYS comes up, never the one I created myself that I've been using since the end of beginning of time.

    The other dude says the platoon emblems will always how over personnaly created ones. So, if your in a platoon you can't use your old emblems?

    Your personal emblem probably still shows up in the kill feed of the enemies you kill. Does it still show on your shoulder or vehicles you operate?
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still see mine as well as a ton of anime girl butts. Better than the eye pain caused by Black Ops emblems.
  • CostanzaStan
    217 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Zooboid wrote: »
    Still see mine as well as a ton of anime girl butts. Better than the eye pain caused by Black Ops emblems.

    interesting. i see more boobs than butts myself.
  • Duece09
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    hawcer wrote: »
    Duece09 wrote: »
    You know that avatars no longer show, just emblems? If you really do mean emblems aren't showing for you then that's a bug. I always see mine.

    Yeah I'm talking about the emblems that we were able to create on battlelog/battlefield companion. The user created ones that were ALWAYS shown before. There for a while I was always seeing PSN Avatars. But now at the end of the game, and when I get killed, I'm mostly seeing generic emblems or platoon ones. When I kill someone else, or when I'm highlighted at the end of a game my platoon emblem ALWAYS comes up, never the one I created myself that I've been using since the end of beginning of time.

    The other dude says the platoon emblems will always how over personnaly created ones. So, if your in a platoon you can't use your old emblems?

    Your personal emblem probably still shows up in the kill feed of the enemies you kill. Does it still show on your shoulder or vehicles you operate?

    I guess I never noticed on my shoulder, but vehicles always show platoon emblem. End game highlights always show my platoon emblem.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some people just don't have emblems

    As long as you are representing a platoon you will have its emblem automatically equipped; it's not like BF4 where you could represent your platoon but swap out the emblem for your personal one
  • Duece09
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Some people just don't have emblems

    As long as you are representing a platoon you will have its emblem automatically equipped; it's not like BF4 where you could represent your platoon but swap out the emblem for your personal one

    Thanks, I can certainly understand why DICE went with this. With all of the 5 year olds who think schlongs and other such nonsense is funny. And just like everything else in life the turds ruin it for everyone else. Just stinks I can rep my emblem I've been using FOREVER!
Sign In or Register to comment.