I've had enough of being put onto losing teams.

Led0rus
105 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
As soon as I load in the enemy team has an advantage by at least 200 tickets and will control usually more than 4/5 flags. Logically, I'll jump into a different server, and guess what? I'm with a losing team again.

Overall it's really killing the enjoyment of this game for me when I'm being punished just for trying to play. I understand that the game tries to fill empty spots from people quitting but if it's going to be unbalanced to the point where it's a frustration then it's going to put me off of playing. It's happening so often at this point that I'm able to tell if we're going to lose after just 80 tickets.

Comments

• Led0rus
    Well, typically people do tend to leave from the side that is losing, thus putting new players to the server onto the losing team. You quitting and finding a new match isn't helping either.

I know I'm apart of the problem. It isn't my fault that I'm given a disadvantage before I even spawn.
  • TwinWoIf
    554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just tough it out until the next round so I can get a fresh start.

From there, you could also switch teams at the beginning of the match (when there's usually space available as people usually quit at the End of Round screen) if you find yourself paired with the same players as before.
  • crabman169
    10201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is why you don't quickmatch

Of course you are gonna get chucked into the 'losing' team as they have lost players and the game is trying to fill it back up
  • Led0rus
    crabman169 wrote: »

Of course you are gonna get chucked into the 'losing' team as they have lost players and the game is trying to fill it back up

I use both and I still get put with the bad team. The server browser gives me the maps I like sure but quickmatch puts me into fresh games far more often.
  • BaconRebellion
    1790 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

That still happens even with the server browser. I use that exclusively and still get put into losing teams. Usually, depending on how bad were losing or how much time is left will stick it out till the next round then switch sides.
  • issacTheMarker
    19 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is Dice's consequence when they don't out right ban cheaters or separate platoons, squad clans etc. It will continue to an issue until Braddock does something about it.
  • Led0rus
    This is Dice's consequence when they don't out right ban cheaters or separate platoons, squad clans etc. It will continue to an issue until Braddock does something about it.

I notice this quite a lot but I don't know what they can do about it. You can't exactly stop friends playing together.
  • issacTheMarker
    19 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Led0rus wrote: »

I notice this quite a lot but I don't know what they can do about it. You can't exactly stop friends playing together.

I know but they could encourage squad platoon clans etc to play on separate servers catered for that. I've seen too many matches where its one clan and they turn the tide so easily. It's just an unfair advantage over randoms. Heck i left 2 servers because of bad teams and if its shite storm i move on. I don't even join.
  • The_Violator_NZ
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So turn that team around! Thrive on the challenge!
  • dbibby1988
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ive read users saying a quit counts as a loss anyway, so you may as well play and get as many points as you can before the round ends.
  • BaconRebellion
    1790 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Led0rus wrote: »

I know but they could encourage squad platoon clans etc to play on separate servers catered for that. I've seen too many matches where its one clan and they turn the tide so easily. It's just an unfair advantage over randoms. Heck i left 2 servers because of bad teams and if its shite storm i move on. I don't even join.

It is very annoying playing against a team that has multiple platoons filling 2-3 squads of their players and you're on the team filled with dingle berries (they are no longer blueberries to me), who are more concerned about their kdr than completing an objective.
  • MurfCr
    626 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I love it when you get put into a losing game by 150 or more, quit, rejoin a game in quick match and get same game....3 times.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So turn that team around! Thrive on the challenge!

Easier said than done.
  • Temp1st
    2244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just switch every time i join a server 99% of the time its to the winning team. I don't even look anymore i just switch.
  • ShevermiN
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is one of the saddest thread I've seen on these forums in a long time. BOO HOO your team is losing....

100% you guys are the problem, go play single player if you don't like losing.

• disposalist
    5144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This is no different than BF4 and I don't see any way to 'fix' it, if you consider it broken.

Yes, when you join an existing game, you get put on the side that needs players - this is almost always the losing side, because that's the one players are leaving.

Actually I find using quickmatch has *less* chance of doing this to you, though, as you have a good chance of getting into a game that's not even started or has just started.

One thing that would help greatly is some mid-game balancing. Auto-balancing by forced swapping is unpopular, but would help. I think perhaps extending/reducing spawn times might be better (to make even unbalanced teams more 'equal') or some system that incentivises swapping to the smaller/losing team.

Either way, if you just hang in there for that one game, you have a 50/50 chance of the winning team the next game.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well i generally just use Quickmatch unless joining platoon members and i'd say at least 2/3 or maybe 4/5 of the time I get put in a game near the beginning of a round, so those who say they always get put on a badly losing side much just be seriously unlucky. Granted the games where i am plonked in mid round then 9/10 i am on the badly losing side. I can understand using the browser you may end up on the losing side most of the time, because the losing side is more likely to have the spare slot.