Bf3 scope glint, bf4 scope glint, bfh scope glint and bf1 scope glint!!

Comments

• KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    owltro wrote: »
    Rotank wrote: »
    I think this is a case of agree to disagree... by now we all have a pretty good understanding of each others' positions, and we are simply not going to agree at a fundamental level whether or not it is a positive feature of the game.

There have also been ideas to tweak the mechanic down the road that most people on both sides of the fence have agreed on. Given that scope glint is not going anywhere anytime soon, this is probably the best and most cordial result we can hope to achieve.

Does not mean we can't pinpoint the origin of player frustration.

We have beaten that horse with a chainsaw, or have you not been following the last 13 pages of this thread?

Saying "I like it" and "it sucks, remove it" is such useful feedback right? Lol

I think having detailed exchanges with probing questions is important. If you feel the thread has no more to offer you, why are you here? Complaining about others having a discussion?

Go complain about other stuff in other threads, you are not required or forced to read or engage on the forums.

By all means, engage. This thread has probed deep enough in the last 13 pages for us to circle around multiple times, I was just pointing out that we HAD in fact discussed common ground solutions, and are at the point of retreading familiar ground.

Tbh nobody who wants glint removed has even come close to explaining how it wont attract more campers to the game.
    How about in rain or fog, since there's no glint, there be vapor trails? The humidity should be enough for bullets to leave trails, right?

It makes sense that glint isnt as strong in rain and fog. This should also include indoors (although why the hell anybody needs to use a high powered scope indoors is beyond me).

I think trails make it too easy for everybody to spot. Ay least you can only see glint if the sniper is looking in your general direction.
    How about this:
    SUNNY
    • scope glint
    • no vapor trails
    RAINY
    • minimal scope glint
    • barely visible vapor trails
    FOGGY
    • no scope glint
    • vapor trails

I like this idea a lot.
    i think if someone, know that the enemy can see him because of his glint, then i keep myself far, so enemy can kill me, so i think people camp more far than no glint, just for avoid to be killed.
    i know u like it, u like glint its normal so u can avoid to be sniped in bf1 too.

Really? Insulting me for voicing my opinion?

It's just you vs the world huh, big shot?
    I think this is a case of agree to disagree... by now we all have a pretty good understanding of each others' positions, and we are simply not going to agree at a fundamental level whether or not it is a positive feature of the game.

There have also been ideas to tweak the mechanic down the road that most people on both sides of the fence have agreed on. Given that scope glint is not going anywhere anytime soon, this is probably the best and most cordial result we can hope to achieve.

We have beaten that horse with a chainsaw, or have you not been following the last 13 pages of this thread?

I think having detailed exchanges with probing questions is important. If you feel the thread has no more to offer you, why are you here? Complaining about others having a discussion?

Go complain about other stuff in other threads, you are not required or forced to read or engage on the forums.

By all means, engage. This thread has probed deep enough in the last 13 pages for us to circle around multiple times, I was just pointing out that we HAD in fact discussed common ground solutions, and are at the point of retreading familiar ground.

Tbh nobody who wants glint removed has even come close to explaining how it wont attract more campers to the game.
    How about in rain or fog, since there's no glint, there be vapor trails? The humidity should be enough for bullets to leave trails, right?

It makes sense that glint isnt as strong in rain and fog. This should also include indoors (although why the hell anybody needs to use a high powered scope indoors is beyond me).

I think trails make it too easy for everybody to spot. Ay least you can only see glint if the sniper is looking in your general direction.
    How about this:
    SUNNY
    • scope glint
    • no vapor trails
    RAINY
    • minimal scope glint
    FOGGY
    • no scope glint
    • vapor trails

I like this idea a lot.
    i think if someone, know that the enemy can see him because of his glint, then i keep myself far, so enemy can kill me, so i think people camp more far than no glint, just for avoid to be killed.

So instead of moving closer with no glint options, you hide even further away?

Do you know that we are supposed to be capturing/defending objectives?

How can a sniper come closer if the enemy see him everytime he try to aim for looking for enemy

So your screen is black until you look through your scope? Being dramatic instead of accepting that you might be incorrect in your approach. Real constructive way to be stubborn.

You could work on the attitude, language barriers are no excuse for slighted communication.

• DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

the enemy would see you regardless of glint if you decided to be in short or medium range so.......

That is the point glint renders cover obsolete.

With glint a player 400m can use cover, yet still be seen and has less worry about other. While at 100m they can not even use cover as the glint will give them away.

Glint does not balance or stop camping and never has and never will. The only thing it encourages is using high power scope weapons with the one play style of quickscoping.

• PopoTooStronk
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

How about this:
    SUNNY
    • scope glint
    • no vapor trails
    RAINY
    • minimal scope glint
    FOGGY
    • no scope glint
    • vapor trails

I like this idea a lot.

So instead of moving closer with no glint options, you hide even further away?

Do you know that we are supposed to be capturing/defending objectives?

How can a sniper come closer if the enemy see him everytime he try to aim for looking for enemy

they would see you regardless if you are aiming or not.
    your character model is not invisible until you decide to ADS.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    DingoKillr wrote: »

the enemy would see you regardless of glint if you decided to be in short or medium range so.......

With glint a player 400m can use cover, yet still be seen and has less worry about other. While at 100m they can not even use cover as the glint will give them away.

Glint does not balance or stop camping and never has and never will. The only thing it encourages is using high power scope weapons with the one play style of quickscoping.

It inhibits camping, it makes it much easier to react to them. If you're a good shot, you'll have relieved your target of the opportunity to react by hitting their head.

If you miss, and I look your way, I can suppress you and retreat to cover.

You have the advantage as the sniper, and there are also no glint options if you find you must hardscope. If you miss your shot, or shoot the player who is running away instead of the player seeing your glint, you need to prioritize kills better.

There could be tweaks to the viewable angle of the glint, or a higher brightness in contrast to the effect we have now when the sight is moving or directly after ads, to alert players in a smaller area, in a more subtle way.

It's not a binary issue, and it brings snipers into range, it makes that combat accessible to the other classes that engage at less than 15% the distance snipers can. Snipers still have the advantage at distance and in time to kill.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

It inhibits camping, it makes it much easier to react to them. If you're a good shot, you'll have relieved your target of the opportunity to react by hitting their head.

You have the advantage as the sniper, and there are also no glint options if you find you must hardscope. If you miss your shot, or shoot the player who is running away instead of the player seeing your glint, you need to prioritize kills better.

There could be tweaks to the viewable angle of the glint, or a higher brightness in contrast to the effect we have now when the sight is moving or directly after ads, to alert players in a smaller area, in a more subtle way.

It's not a binary issue, and it brings snipers into range, it makes that combat accessible to the other classes that engage at less than 15% the distance snipers can. Snipers still have the advantage at distance and in time to kill.

^^^
    This is pretty much what i'm thinking and what i've been trying to say.
  • PopoTooStronk
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

how does it render cover obsolete?
    you are not invisible until you start to ADS.

good snipers are able to fire and kill a target before they can even notice glint, because they know how to position themselves and understand how the mechanics works.
    only bad snipers who take forever to aim or cant hit their shots will give their position away by their glint.
    you should not even use a scope with glint if you want to have engagements at 100M tbh.

also if you want to QS you are better off with an X4 scope or less rather then use a scope with glint......

• DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It's not a binary issue, and it brings snipers into range, it makes that combat accessible to the other classes that engage at less than 15% the distance snipers can. Snipers still have the advantage at distance, ttk, and area control.

Support can camp much better then Scouts, nothing is inhibiting them from ADS at any range. Yet as soon as Scout ADS they are seen.

If you are using LMG and SA below 30m then you are going to be in trouble. LMG and SA are design to be used at the distance a BA use it sweet spot.

If it is meant as a balancer for range much better methods are available that can be used for all long campers.

• PopoTooStronk

It's not a binary issue, and it brings snipers into range, it makes that combat accessible to the other classes that engage at less than 15% the distance snipers can. Snipers still have the advantage at distance, ttk, and area control.

Support can camp much better then Scouts, nothing is inhibiting them from ADS at any range. Yet as soon as Scout ADS they are seen.

If you are using LMG and SA below 30m then you are going to be in trouble. LMG and SA are design to be used at the distance a BA use it sweet spot.

If it is meant as a balancer for range much better methods are available that can be used for all long campers.

the scopes they are able to equip pretty much limit the range they can camp at.
    a X4 scopes has a significant lesser range then a X40 scope.

that is not even considering spread, bullet drop , damage , accuracy and stability when comparing the weapons support and recon have......

• KingTolapsium
    edited July 2016

Supports can camp in different situations, and guess what, assault players can camp buildings the best, any more strawman for me to knock down?

Glint is a distance balancer, what exactly are these better options?

It's a distance closer, because the engagement range, ohk potential, and capacity for incognito movement are all extremely in the snipers favor.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I we should have 3D icon anytime someone goes ADS for all players. I think that is fair and will stop any long distance camping.

nah they should make those high optics available to all weapons in all classes.
    that way anyone who uses them regardless of weapon will have glint when ADS.....

Even if they were available, I don't think you'd see too many SMGs or LMGs with high powered scopes because....well... it would be pointless.

Supports can camp in different situations, and guess what, assault players can camp buildings the best, any more strawman for me to knock down?

It's a distance closer, because the engagement range, ohk potential, and incognito movement are all extremely in the snipers favor.

I'd say recons and supports are the best campers because of claymores and TUGs.
  • KingTolapsium
    edited July 2016
    I we should have 3D icon anytime someone goes ADS for all players. I think that is fair and will stop any long distance camping.

that way anyone who uses them regardless of weapon will have glint when ADS.....

Even if they were available, I don't think you'd see too many SMGs or LMGs with high powered scopes because....well... it would be pointless.

It's a distance closer, because the engagement range, ohk potential, and incognito movement are all extremely in the snipers favor.

Trip mines blink.

Snipers glint. The flare can be seen (improvement over tugs)

Balance is balanced.
  • DingoKillr

how does it render cover obsolete?
    you are not invisible until you start to ADS.

good snipers are able to fire and kill a target before they can even notice glint, because they know how to position themselves and understand how the mechanics works.
    only bad snipers who take forever to aim or cant hit their shots will give their position away by their glint.
    you should not even use a scope with glint if you want to have engagements at 100M tbh.

also if you want to QS you are better off with an X4 scope or less rather then use a scope with glint......

Yet, any player can use cover and ADS expect a Scout.

Good Sniper is not quickscoping at short range.
    A Good Scout should be able to spot targets not just aim.
    This required special attention as the weapon we talking about has a sweet spot max of 125m. This main DICE wants you to operate in that range even with glint.

• owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Trip mines blink.

Snipers glint.

Balance is balance.
    now trip mines have a huge visible line :cry:
  • KingTolapsium
    edited July 2016

Because it's bulls*** if they don't.

Trip mines blink.

Snipers glint.

Balance is balance.
    now trip mines have a huge visible line :cry:

• B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Trip mines blink.

Balance is balanced.

Wasn't commenting on balance just throwing my 2 cents into the camping convo. For the record I have no problem with people camping objectives and it should probably be done more.
  • KingTolapsium

Trip mines blink.

Balance is balanced.

Wasn't commenting on balance just throwing my 2 cents into the camping convo. For the record I have no problem with people camping objectives and it should probably be done more.

Me too, but there is a productive and non-productive way for sure.
  • DingoKillr

Trip mines blink.

Balance is balanced.

Wow, you fine with campers but not scout campers.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T

Trip mines blink.

Balance is balanced.

Are you insinuating that my comment wasn't productive... because such insults will be met with incredible fury.
  • onkruid26
    590 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We need to get into agreement as off where we draw the line on what is concidered camping and defending a objective.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    Sno0bs wrote: »
    We need to get into agreement as off where we draw the line on what is concidered camping and defending a objective.

Camping inside or just outside the objective boundary and protecting it = good.

Camping on a hill 50 million meters away taking pot shots with your 700x scope = bad.
This discussion has been closed.