Bf3 scope glint, bf4 scope glint, bfh scope glint and bf1 scope glint!!

Comments

• DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    I dont need to prove glint is there to prevent campers, because clearly i've already stated I believe it was added for balance reasons. The reason I want it to stay is because removing it would give the sniper little reason to move - I dont see how that is beneficial to a game that has included major changes to promote teamwork.
    @Jeff191919 - This is my stance on glint in case you missed it last time, or the other 10-20 times i have posted it in this thread.
    I can agree tweaking it a bit more might be needed. But its already been tweaked for BF1 and the snipers are still clearly crying. So whos to say any more tweaks to the glint will stop snipers crying?

bc2, bf2, bf 1943, bfvietnam, bf1942 were balanced with no glint, so what people say about glint = balance is a bu11sh1t.
    They put it for permit to others players to avoid snipers and for have more chance to survive.
    Snipers dont cry,they just want remove this handicap, scope with glint keep u more far because u know the nemy can see u so, for avoid to be killed, u keep far.

Why should a particular class be able to remain invisible?
    I my god.....its a disaster, **** that day they introduced glint

It's getting easier and easier to dismiss your points when you just repeat that glint is bad.

Have you tried to play with no glint options since players have explained the playstyle to you?

I gather that Pigslayer thinks he should be 100% invisible and able to shoot without any chance of being seen or noticed.
    How can you think this is fair to the people on the other team?
    How do you propose we avoid being killed if A) there's no glint, B} there's no vapor trail, C) there's no way to know where you're at or where the shots are coming from?
    His chronic complaints and repetitive bias towards anyone who wants a fair and balanced game are completely ridiculous and unreasonable.
    If there isnt glint, trails, etc, how do you suggest the enemy see you and respond accordingly before being killed?

Yes, How can it be fair when low power scope player can remain invisible and target me from 300m. I don't have the chance to avoid.
    Maybe every gun should have glint then.

a) If the is No Glint Like other say get gud and use more cover.
    b) If Vapor trail only appears after the bullets travel say 200m on any weapon.
    c) You mean like every weapon or scope.
  • DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Beakerb43 wrote: »
    Unless you spawn in ads, glint is not there by default.

As you do not want to have a reasonable discussion I will now be ignoring your future remarks. I gave solutions for what I see is an issue "anti glint people" have, and all you can respond with is the above quote. Clearly I am referring to the glint being attached to scopes above x4 magnification while ADS.

Flashlights and Lasers could be turned off and not have the position given away, and then ADS with no negative effect. Make the default scope x4 and make the higher powered ones unlockable with the glint on them, just not the default scope.

Yes I have but just in case.......

If you can hit some one with irons or low powered optics from 300m, well done and crack on.

If you need higher powered optics within 100m, perhaps you are not as good as you think you are.

Now is there a choice of optics in BF1 or will high powered scopes and therefore, scope glint, be a fixed option? Only time will tell.

Every class, weapon and vehicle has 'compromises' for the sake of 'balance', why should Recon/Scout be any different?

So you want to force players that use high power scope away from the action. While allowing low power to operate at long range too.

You can play outside of your guns intended range. You will be at a disadvantage though.

But I would not be would I.

If the intend range is the sweet spot and there is no difference in stats between the 2 variants of Gewehr only the scopes.
    So both Gewehr has a sweet spot of 80 to 125m, both Enfield 40 to 70m and the scoped 1895 is 60 to 100m.

Using a high power scope at 100m would then be at its intend range but has the glint disadvantage while the 1895-TR is only 8m yet you keep telling people that it can easily be used well outside that.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont need to prove glint is there to prevent campers, because clearly i've already stated I believe it was added for balance reasons. The reason I want it to stay is because removing it would give the sniper little reason to move - I dont see how that is beneficial to a game that has included major changes to promote teamwork.
    @Jeff191919 - This is my stance on glint in case you missed it last time, or the other 10-20 times i have posted it in this thread.
    I can agree tweaking it a bit more might be needed. But its already been tweaked for BF1 and the snipers are still clearly crying. So whos to say any more tweaks to the glint will stop snipers crying?

bc2, bf2, bf 1943, bfvietnam, bf1942 were balanced with no glint, so what people say about glint = balance is a bu11sh1t.
    They put it for permit to others players to avoid snipers and for have more chance to survive.
    Snipers dont cry,they just want remove this handicap, scope with glint keep u more far because u know the nemy can see u so, for avoid to be killed, u keep far.

It's getting easier and easier to dismiss your points when you just repeat that glint is bad.

Have you tried to play with no glint options since players have explained the playstyle to you?

I gather that Pigslayer thinks he should be 100% invisible and able to shoot without any chance of being seen or noticed.
    How do you propose we avoid being killed if A) there's no glint, B} there's no vapor trail, C) there's no way to know where you're at or where the shots are coming from?
    His chronic complaints and repetitive bias towards anyone who wants a fair and balanced game are completely ridiculous and unreasonable.
    If there isnt glint, trails, etc, how do you suggest the enemy see you and respond accordingly before being killed?

Yes, How can it be fair when low power scope player can remain invisible and target me from 300m. I don't have the chance to avoid.

I would have no problem with every class having glint, although when most players are usually running around plain as day there is no reason for it, due to the fact that they aren't hiding.
    Why should one class be completely and totally invisible to everyone else just because they CHOOSE to use a gun with the slowest ROF.
    It seems as though the ones opposed to glint just want free reign with little to no possibility of being detected.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

As you do not want to have a reasonable discussion I will now be ignoring your future remarks. I gave solutions for what I see is an issue "anti glint people" have, and all you can respond with is the above quote. Clearly I am referring to the glint being attached to scopes above x4 magnification while ADS.

Flashlights and Lasers could be turned off and not have the position given away, and then ADS with no negative effect. Make the default scope x4 and make the higher powered ones unlockable with the glint on them, just not the default scope.

If you can hit some one with irons or low powered optics from 300m, well done and crack on.

If you need higher powered optics within 100m, perhaps you are not as good as you think you are.

Now is there a choice of optics in BF1 or will high powered scopes and therefore, scope glint, be a fixed option? Only time will tell.

Every class, weapon and vehicle has 'compromises' for the sake of 'balance', why should Recon/Scout be any different?

So you want to force players that use high power scope away from the action. While allowing low power to operate at long range too.

I don't know how you got that from what I said!

Use whatever you want at whatever range or circumstances you want but suffer from or adapt to the choices you make.

It is that simple.
  • DingoKillr
    edited July 2016

I would have no problem with every class having glint, although when most players are usually running around plain as day there is no reason for it, due to the fact that they aren't hiding.
    Why should one class be completely and totally invisible to everyone else just because they CHOOSE to use a gun with the slowest ROF.
    It seems as though the ones opposed to glint just want free reign with little to no possibility of being detected.

But it is not 1 class is it. You can hid and ambush with any weapon expect the ones with high power scopes.

So how is it the ones opposed to glint just want free reign?
  • Dark_Dragon279
    637 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Idk who posted it or mentioned it as an addition but someone said to keep glint to areas with high amounts of sunlight IE. That field in the distance or the top of the mountain this way if the infantry is in the middle of a field and the sniper is further down range like 120m they can see the sniper but if your actually playing with the team being in a building in a town would offer no glint so you can stay hidden from enemies...of course tracers would stay there though so it isn't blantantly OP but it offers more of a reason to be with the team and PTO (coming from an aggressive recon player who runs BAs) the glint can be annoying but could be avoided by using 4x or less scopes since BF1 is WW1 that isn't an option (at least if they don't allow iron sight which I really don't care for since that'd start another argument entirely) so hopefully this could be a possible solution we could be happy with (and ik that this glint system could make the occasional camper that hides in a building 24/7 quite op but since he's camping you shouldn't have a problem killing him) and maybe it could get rid of some of the sniper hate people always seem to have
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You can play outside of your guns intended range. You will be at a disadvantage though.

If the intend range is the sweet spot and there is no difference in stats between the 2 variants of Gewehr only the scopes.
    So both Gewehr has a sweet spot of 80 to 125m, both Enfield 40 to 70m and the scoped 1895 is 60 to 100m.

Using a high power scope at 100m would then be at its intend range but has the glint disadvantage while the 1895-TR is only 8m yet you keep telling people that it can easily be used well outside that.

You said for high power away from action. I would assume that's outside of their range.

Glint disadvantage, is a controlled state, if you are ads to find targets at 100m your going to be seen.

Try to use the trench sniper at range in beta, it's not just pull and shoot... it's the hardest sniper to use at range. High powered scopes make sniping easy.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

The high powered scope makes it easier to be accurate, with the downside being glint.

If you didnt know that, why the hell are you using the high powered glint scope??
  • DingoKillr

You said for high power away from action. I would assume that's outside of their range.

Glint disadvantage, is a controlled state, if you are ads to find targets at 100m your going to be seen.

Try to use the trench sniper at range in beta, it's not just pull and shoot... it's the hardest sniper to use at range. High powered scopes make sniping easy.

If Glint is a controlled state why not put it on every gun.
    Being a good shot is not the only skill dice want us to focus on
    But that is what Glint is doing. If players are unfair disadvantage by glint at short range they will move further away from the action and thus only focus on being a good shot at long range, which are the players many in this thread whined about not going forward to PTO or running with a squad.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

But that is what Glint is doing. If players are unfair disadvantage by glint at short range they will move further away from the action and thus only focus on being a good shot at long range, which are the players many in this thread whined about not going forward to PTO or running with a squad.

Not every gun can operate at 400% of the others guns ranges. No need for glint on all guns.

You not understanding how to use ads, is going to hurt you in near range (where players can already see your body...) and at far range.

I was running and gunning with snipers, in the alpha. So they aren't quite as awful as you'd have everyone imagine.
  • DingoKillr

Not every gun can operate at 400% of the others guns ranges. No need for glint on all guns.

You not understanding how to use ads, is going to hurt you in near range (where players can already see your body...) and at far range.

I was running and gunning with snipers, in the alpha. So they aren't quite as awful as you'd have everyone imagine.

There are guns with no glint that can operate at the same range.

Yes, ADS hurts in close so why give the extra disadvantage to one group with glint.

Good for you, you also have said you like to quickscope, so has no impact on your play style.
  • KingTolapsium

There are guns with no glint that can operate at the same range.

Yes, ADS hurts in close so why give the extra disadvantage to one group with glint.

Good for you, you also have said you like to quickscope, so has no impact on your play style.

I play like I do at range as well, because of the glint. It's my counter, its not that it doesn't impact me, I'm just minimizing it's negative effects.
  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Glint
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why should the game punish just "Snipers camping in the hills"? and not also the so called "aggressive snipers" who run around a bit?

I personally like to play a bit of both depending on the mood I am in. I paid my money to play this game the way I see fit, if I want to camp a bit that's my choice.

Either change the scout class across the board or not at all, you can't cherry-pick within the class just because it suits your play style more.

That said, I agree that scope glint is a very bad idea and should never have been implemented to begin with. It's not even like glint, it's like a miner's lamp on your head.

I would suggest that they tone it down to be "just barely" visible and only then when the sniper actually moves the rifle.
  • KingTolapsium
    It's a basic feature to counter the obscene engagement distances for non-snipers, and to highlight a potential OHK threat that might only be a few pixels big.

The glint is only bright when you are looking right at someone.

The glint is significantly harder to see when a sniper is not looking at you.

It's balanced. stop hardscoping in predictable spots, stop staring at enemies through your scope (just take the shot), and you will have a better time.

Necro-ing this thread isn't going to change anything slayer.
  • KaiserWarrior
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Stop being a pansy on the extreme edge of the map and PTFO. Bam, glint's no longer an issue.
  • Bergadeer93
    8 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Try the periscope, I'm pretty sure it gives off glint but you can still be in cover using them and can see which people haven't noticed you. Also you can spot them at the same time!
  • Sawtooth75
    906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Closed for necro posting.
This discussion has been closed.