To the people who skip revives

Duece09
185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited July 2017
Now, this post is for the people who skip because they don't wanna wait for a medic to revive them. I understand sometimes you wanna switch kits, spawn at an other location to help cap the point or defend the point etc. There are legitimate reasons for skipping. But honestly, the people who skip just because they don't wanna wait have some serious issues. Maybe some of these people have severe ADD and are on meds. And if you haven't been diagnosed with such, I suggest you go to a doctor and have yourself checked out. If you can't wait like 10 secs or whatever you might have some serious underlying health issue that needs to be address ASAP. The amount of people that skip when I'm literally on my way to revive them or like 5m away is beyond ridiculous. I understand there are some crap medics out there, but for the love of all that is good and evil, if theres a medic that close you might as well wait to see if he revives you because honestly you have to wait to spawn anyway. I've died so many times going out of my way to revive someone only to have them skip out (the white bar hadn't gone away yet so you can tell) the second I get there. Then I die. Sorry, just a rant

P.S. To the people who don't understand sarcasm and being overly dramatic, well, thats the point of this post. I obviously don't think all these people have ADD.
Post edited by Duece09 on

Comments

• Rusher-PT
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Also, if you allow meds to revive you, you will have better K/D for sure!
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    Is there really a reason to start saying people have mental health issues just because they don't do what you want? Maybe you're the one who needs to go see a doctor.
  • Duece09
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sg2434 wrote: »
    Is there really a reason to start saying people have mental health issues just because they don't do what you want? Maybe you're the one who needs to go see a doctor.

Hey, I'm trying to help them out, maybe they don't know they have an issue. I would want someone to do the same for me.

Maybe, just maybe, I'm being overly dramatic to further push my point across. Sure there are other ways that could have been done, but this over the top sarcastic comment I decided to go with felt right.
  • kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There's plenty times when i respawn, and see people spawn around me, and then i see them get killed not 10 seconds later barely firing a shot, then skip out. I know darn well you didnt need ammo fool! lol
  • V2Face
    2648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    Sometimes I skip revive when bad medics try to revive me in combat without neutralizing the threats so I die again instantly it's annoying to say the least.
  • DaMutha1
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sometimes I skip because I'm so mad that I just want to mash buttons.
  • Vexdetta
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you are in a heavy firefight, then there is no sense in waiting on a medic if he is close 'cause you are going to get shot again.. the medic probably too. However I don't think many people understand that the time it takes you to lay on the ground and wait on a medic is the exact time you have to wait if you skip and go the main screen. Unless you are just wanting to change classes or whatever, you should have patience enough if a medic is around.

With that being said, I can not tell you how many times a medic is actually standing, laying or sitting on my dead body and NOT revive me. So if you like playing medic and yet you keep finding you must have a faulty syringe... please put on a rifle grenade or something.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This subject just goes around in circles, it's become a pointless subject now.

People skip because medics don't revive.
    Medics don't revive because people skip.
  • Duece09
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

Thanks for your insight into the "pointless subject". Sounds like a waste of your valuable time to even post in here considering how you feel on the matter. Again, thanks for your productive insight.
  • Duece09
    Vexdetta wrote: »
    If you are in a heavy firefight, then there is no sense in waiting on a medic if he is close 'cause you are going to get shot again.. the medic probably too. However I don't think many people understand that the time it takes you to lay on the ground and wait on a medic is the exact time you have to wait if you skip and go the main screen. Unless you are just wanting to change classes or whatever, you should have patience enough if a medic is around.

With that being said, I can not tell you how many times a medic is actually standing, laying or sitting on my dead body and NOT revive me. So if you like playing medic and yet you keep finding you must have a faulty syringe... please put on a rifle grenade or something.

Yeah I agree, there is a time and place to skip. Heck, I skip depending on the situation. I'm merely speaking to the people to skip when it's safe and there is no one around except team mates because they don't want to wait. But like you said, it takes the same amount of time either way hahaha.
  • Fleetwood1987
    417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Unless a medic says he's otw I'm most likely skipping, it's kind of annoying to guess otherwise.

Sometimes a medic is closing in on my corpse so I wait around, just to watch him run by.

Never mind the revives from medics who assume the guy who just killed me isn't about to kill them and me again once he gives me a rez.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Duece09 wrote: »

Thanks for your insight into the "pointless subject". Sounds like a waste of your valuable time to even post in here considering how you feel on the matter. Again, thanks for your productive insight.

Lol, just telling how it is.
    Your rant won't change it unfortunately.

It's been discussed to death and guess what?
    Look what we have, another thread about it.

Why do you think that is? Because nothing has changed, so just get over it and not let it bother you.
  • Duece09
    Duece09 wrote: »

Lol, just telling how it is.
    Your rant won't change it unfortunately.

It's been discussed to death and guess what?
    Look what we have, another thread about it.

Why do you think that is? Because nothing has changed, so just get over it and not let it bother you.

Well, considering 99/100 things posted on here "won't change anything" I consider myself part of the status quo. Today I decided to post a rant on something that discourages me to no end, yeah it's not productive I know. I wasn't looking to make a difference and didn't expect my post to change the world either.
  • mrtwotimes
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think SKIP is useful, I often use it in the following circumstances:

1. Enemy hiding near me (most likely the one who shot me) and I want to keep medics away from being shot themselves
    2. No medics shown in the area
    3. If it makes sense to re-spawn at another flag based on current location and objective status

• Duece09
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    I think SKIP is useful, I often use it in the following circumstances:

1. Enemy hiding near me (most likely the one who shot me) and I want to keep medics away from being shot themselves
    2. No medics shown in the area
    3. If it makes sense to re-spawn at another flag based on current location and objective status

Yes, all great reasons to skip. It is for sure helpful I agree.
  • disposalist
    8480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There are many good reasons to skip. If you find yourself dying going to someone who is skipping they may well have been skipping because they knew their corpse was guarded, which is the number one great reason for skipping.

The *most* annoying thing to *me* as a medic is people who *don't* use skip when they know damned well that if I attempt a revive I'll probably die too.
  • Mike_V1987
    597 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I find myself skipping because most of the time the medic is oblivious to the enemies around my body, they just gotta get that sweet sweet 50 points.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    Sometimes I skip because I'm so mad that I just want to mash buttons.

^ this is usually the case for me. but when having a good game, I'll wait around forever for a medic to revive me.

As a note to medics:
    I don't want to hear any complaining about revive skips until you stop standing on my head and then run off or until you learn to look at the minimap for dead teammate icons around you. More times than not, I'll get killed with a medic ( usually on my squad) right in front of me and the slug just keeps running.
  • l_water_l
    1544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Get rid of skipping entirely. It is not a good mechanic.
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    Never should have been in the game, stupid mechanic when each skip costs a ticket.