Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Can people stop moaning about/at medics please?

disposalist
4489 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Reasons medics don't revive you: -

They do not see your corpse behind them
They may well be 1 meter away, but they are very likely looking a different way.
There should be a distance indicator showing corpses to medics, like there is for showing medics to corpses, imho

Your corpse is rarely where you think it is
You more often than not fall/slide/move after you die. Your killcam and the medic distance indicator is relative to the wrong place. The medic that is "right on top of you" probably is not and probably cannot see you at all.

Your corpse might be in a very dangerous place
Your killcam isn't 360 degrees and they may very well not be able to get to you safely and you wouldn't know.

You're not a nice person
Maybe one of the above happened and you moaned about it. It always amazes me when people do this. Do you think abusing the people you want something from is a good idea?

They don't have a syringe
I know medics that run with both pouches and crate. There's various reasons, but mostly they get fed up with people skipping when safe or not skipping when in danger.
I also know medics that run with pouches/crate and rifle grenade. It's a medic gadget. There are even medals requiring it. Grow up and get over it.

Medicking is possibly the toughest thing to do in BF1. People do not pick medic to get great KDs and to please themselves. Yes, you can heal yourself, but the SLRs are more than enough of a balance - BF1 medics are not like BF4 assault class. Give them a break.

Comments

• Gforce81
    1658 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Here here!

I do my best, but I often leave my cape at home
  • Ram1c
    2780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I have been playing medic more lately. I will spot them, pull out my syringe and they will respawn as I am about to stick them.

When I am dead, I experience this...
    18, 15, 11, 9, 6, 2, 0, 0, 18, "gone"

Unless it's @Ram1c or jw, then my k/d increases by tree fitty.

wqm35.gif
  • No_Other_xD
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol, F randoms :lol: I barely revive people xD i am my own medic, I do revives only if it is 101% safe for both or i need backup desperately.
  • sg2434
    3732 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol, F randoms :lol: I barely revive people xD i am my own medic, I do revives only if it is 101% safe for both or i need backup desperately.

Wow. Way to be a teamplayer. It's unfortunate that you're on ps4.
  • disposalist
    4489 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The medic is a complete scrublord and chooses not to revive.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying buy you missed a key reason on why some don't revive.
    Yes that is the assumption everyone jumps to and the reason I made this post. I'm sure there are players that do that, but I really doubt it's the main reason and when people rage and cry in game on that assumption it doesn't help, it makes things worse.
  • kaliyl777
    1674 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Im a medic 95% of the time, and there's plenty times where im in a safe zone, with no enemies around and a medic will run right past me. Why do you have a syringe taking up space in your load out? Im not sure if they dont know what its for, but to not revive in obvious situations makes no sense.
  • crabman169
    8916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ehhhhhh

Your first point requires situation awareness

Really it comes down to competent/incompetent medics and patient/impatient players

I'll wait for a revive but if a medic doesnt get me its three strikes and I'm not waiting for you again

The amout of times I've seen medics just walk over my body...

Dont equip the syringe if you don't want to be revive and called out for it (you don't so in the medic tracker)
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The medic is a complete scrublord and chooses not to revive.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying buy you missed a key reason on why some don't revive.
    Yes that is the assumption everyone jumps to and the reason I made this post. I'm sure there are players that do that, but I really doubt it's the main reason and when people rage and cry in game on that assumption it doesn't help, it makes things worse.

I agree, definitely not the main reason, but it's the biggest reason when you see a medic at 0m for several seconds not shooting anything. There's no reason why they cant swap to syringe and revive you if they are just standing there. Now if they are at 0m and they are shooting enemies or being shot at and need to take cover, that's a whole different story.

Also the "they don't have a syringe" is not an issue. You don't show on peoples screens as nearby medic when you don't have syringe equipped.

Honestly, I truly feel all medics should run smoke grenades, unless they are gods and always get at least 1 kill with every nade they throw. Smoke solves so many revive issues as well as helps you push highly guarded objectives.
  • disposalist
    Honestly, I truly feel all medics should run smoke grenades, unless they are gods and always get at least 1 kill with every nade they throw. Smoke solves so many revive issues as well as helps you push highly guarded objectives.
    It's a good point and I did do this for a while, but the amount of times I threw a grenade and forgot medic has smoke, so ended up giving away my position and not killing who I threw at... was so annoying.

I do still switch to smoke, but it's not my standard carry.
  • bran1986
    2122 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well said. I play medic exclusively and I heal and revive a lot, but it does get frustrating at the abuse that gets said in chat on a daily basis, I don't think a lot of people realize how chaotic things get at times when playing a Frontline medic.
  • MuckaChukka
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I play medic all the time and the worst thing for me is people moaning at you when you revive them cos they and they get killed again. You're in charge of you're own game, if its not safe please feel free to skip and I wont bother coming for you, but if your sitting there waiting for the revive to help your precious K/D, expect a needle in the butt. Medics will revive you if and when it is safe for THEM to do so, not always when its safe for you.... you were dead anyway, they are risking their own lives to give you a second life. Another thing that really bugs me with people is if they are on fire. I always find it safer for ME to revive them when they are still on fire, then drop a med crate to heal them. Please do yourself a favour and LOOK for the med crate, dont run off in the opposite direction and continue burning. Also if they are hanging over you for a while not doing anything their needle may be on cooldown.

• crabman169
    8916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Smoke is amaze balls

Trouble with it thought is you forget you are running smoke half the time and nek minit you are trying to flush out an objective with smoke :D
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    but the amount of times I threw a grenade and forgot medic has smoke, so ended up giving away my position and not killing who I threw at... was so annoying.

crabman169 wrote: »
    Smoke is amaze balls

Trouble with it thought is you forget you are running smoke half the time and nek minit you are trying to flush out an objective with smoke :D

I'm not even going to argue that because I do it pretty much every day lol. Sometimes the opposite happens and I toss a gas grenade at my feet lol.
  • Apocalypse4805
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Saw this thread and had to comment. I have also begun to play medic more, and like to provide team assistance during operations. The other day I had just run up to where the bunker was at Ballroom Blitz during the opening objectives on the German side. I stopped sighted an enemy medic and began shooting, into my second shot a scout starts hitting me with his melee, demanding that I drop my medic patch or box. He screwed up my sights and the medic revived another of the enemies teammates. I turn to look at the guy and he just continues to keep hitting me, waiting for bandages. FU buddy. I drop my medic crates constantly, usually at every stop. If had waited a second, I would have finished off the enemy medic and dropped a crate as I looked over the scene. I'm not just there to heal people, I also enjoy shooting my weapon at others. I don't carry a revive syringe because I use the spot for rifle grenades (HE) to help against tanks ( since everyone seems to want to be a scout these days). Now, there are always going to be players who play medic and support and don't even think to give health or ammo. But running up to one and instantly hitting them aggressively in hopes of getting one or the other is not going to work 99% of the time. The best way for me to quickly know if someone BEHIND me needs health or ammo is if they call out for it ( right button when over medic or support player). If you start hitting and shooting at me... I won't give you s#it.
  • idasBOT
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

They may well be 1 meter away, but they are very likely looking a different way.
    There should be a distance indicator showing corpses to medics, like there is for showing medics to corpses, imho

You more often than not fall/slide/move after you die. Your killcam and the medic distance indicator is relative to the wrong place. The medic that is "right on top of you" probably is not and probably cannot see you at all.

Your killcam isn't 360 degrees and they may very well not be able to get to you safely and you wouldn't know.

You're not a nice person
    Maybe one of the above happened and you moaned about it. It always amazes me when people do this. Do you think abusing the people you want something from is a good idea?

I know medics that run with both pouches and crate. There's various reasons, but mostly they get fed up with people skipping when safe or not skipping when in danger.
    I also know medics that run with pouches/crate and rifle grenade. It's a medic gadget. There are even medals requiring it. Grow up and get over it.

Medicking is possibly the toughest thing to do in BF1. People do not pick medic to get great KDs and to please themselves. Yes, you can heal yourself, but the SLRs are more than enough of a balance - BF1 medics are not like BF4 assault class. Give them a break.

at1. mini map anyone?
    at2. ok
    at3. ok but anyone with a brain would not wait for a medic on full open with zero chance to revive
    at4. i'm a bad person
    at5. no syringe = they not show on your screen as 'near medics'
    at6. yes medics are hard to master in terms of teamplay, good medic in team can be a game changer, the problem is 80% of people playing medics are idiots who think medic is an assault with med pack.
  • xenome111
    1875 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You're not a nice person

Oh another bug I noticed that u get the revive icon but the body flickers and thus u can't revive and get the hatemail.
  • Gun51ing3r
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Playing as medic is often a thankless task, I try not to revive unless I know it's totally safe to - i.e. I've killed the enemy first - but the amount of times players instantly skip revive is getting worse and worse. Classic example the other night, 4 of my team got killed by a grenade, I took out the enemy, sprinted to the 4 corpses (indicating I was coming to revive) and all 4 skipped revive. Not only does that affect their precious K/D ratio but they also gave up a great position at a tactical flag we were trying to take.

On the flip side I've had medics revive me when the guy who just killed me is right in front of me, so I get instantly killed again and so does the medic that just came to revive. I've also waited for a revive with a medic 2m away and not got it.......

Bottom line is, I WILL revive you if I can, if I don't it's because it's not safe to, I know you will get killed again and so will I, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE wait just a few seconds to see if a medic is coming for you before skipping revive!
  • -II-MaladiA-II-
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    hm it is not very difficult ... i realy don't care about moaning during the game. Everybody with a decent brain function knows ... a medic can't revive everyone!
    I decide when and who i revive, is the situation important to try it - to risk my life or not! ... so many players running brainless through the map, running corridors like robots, running open fields like chickens! They don't care about their life, so i don't care about their revive, simple as that!
    If you die, you should NOT skip revive - let the medic decide if he want to revive or not!
    Let the revive-timer running out - then skip revive - ALWAYS! THE TIME IS THE SAME as holding space-bar to skip revive! You can't deploy faster.

it is all about brain and no brain like always :-)