Help with 120/144hz monitor, is it worth it?

DICEfixREG2k13
27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hello guys,

I mainly play Bf4, some bf3 and rarely Bf1. My scores, my skill, my k/d is getting higher everyday,
But i feel like 60hz is becoming like a "limit". Once i played on 144hz and it was another planet.
I don't play any competitive cups, but i think i would get an extra advantage with 144hz monitor.
I own an i5 4460 and a RX 470, i'm playing @1280x720 since i feel way better and i feel it's smoother. Graphics is on low, 150% resolution scale and getting between 110-180fps.
I actually have 200/250€ for a new monitor, and i thought Acer GN246HL was a great deal.

So, is it really worth it, since i don't play competitive?

Comments

• Aim4Sneaky
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When I upgraded from 60hz to 144hz, the difference was night and day, it was so smooth and responsive, although I didn't notice any sudden jump in my performance but if I switch back to 60hz in BF4 now I notice the input lag and find it a little hard to aim so there is some sort of advantage due to the quicker response but even if you don't get a huge performance jump, I would say 144hz is worth it just for the smoothness, in my opinion.

• FearNoTears
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah the 144hz would be smoother and a more enjoyable experience. I wouldn't pat yourself too much on the back with a 46% win rate. Or if you have a 24" and using 1280x720. It may feel smoother, but it also gives you a little more advantage vs using 1080. It brings targets closer and makes them a little bigger. If you use those res on the new monitor, then you are being competitive or hard up.
  • DICEfixREG2k13
    Yeah the 144hz would be smoother and a more enjoyable experience. I wouldn't pat yourself too much on the back with a 46% win rate. Or if you have a 24" and using 1280x720. It may feel smoother, but it also gives you a little more advantage vs using 1080. It brings targets closer and makes them a little bigger. If you use those res on the new monitor, then you are being competitive or hard up.

I'd recommend you to look better, when in a complete round my worst score is 40-15, my best is about 85-27.
    And a normal tdm ends up with 20-3, 19-1, 24-4. I mean.
  • DICEfixREG2k13

I'd recommend you to look better. When in a normal complete game my worst score is 40-15 and my best is about 85-27.
    And tdm ends up with 19-1, 20-3, 24-4. 144hz would be a lot of help. Going to get that Acer.
  • FearNoTears
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm looking at BF4 and it says you have a win rate of 46%. No? It's a team game, not DM and there's no "I" in team.
  • 0n3Gun3R
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    You really should look into variable refresh "freesync" monitor since you use AMD.
    Post edited by 0n3Gun3R on
  • DICEfixREG2k13
    Do you know any "freesync" monitor under 250/260€?