Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Planes Are Making Infantry Play Awful

«134
Dovahki1n
179 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited July 16
So I'm on Operations right, trying to do your challenge for a dogtag which will turn into a knife that I'll never use... at some point.

I'm on St. Quentin and I see this dude in his Halberstadt going 67-0... 67... 0... Do you not see anything wrong with that? Why? Why exactly, can't you nerf planes correctly? You gave them one nerf, and that did nothing. They're more accurate than the M1907 SL Sweeper (Which by the way, has such bad accuracy that I gave up trying to get the Factory RSC because it's not worth it having to use a terrible gun, when I could use the Autoloading 8.25 and actually kill something) and that's funny because the pilots in WW1 literally just dropped bombs off THE SIDE of the plane with their hands... No magnified optic (well maybe one) but no like "This device will drop the bombs directly onto the enemies heads". The accuracy of the things is absolutely ridiculous. On Operations, you've got 2 objectives which, to win the game every player is forced to stay at so you simply cannot escape a plane. The pilot does one scouting run then drops the bombs... Boom... Killfeed lights up with 5 "B3stP1lot345 'plane icon' "ICan'tFindAnAAGun867"

You say the Hellriegel is easy to use, then you go and say the planes are really bad... Boi are you playing the same game I'm playing? Then you say the Hellriegel is noob friendly, excuse me? What noob (new player) have you seen that's hit rank 10 for Assault with a Hellriegel? None, exactly.

Back to the planes. Yeah they're OP. And before you say it, yes, I did just play a game then come to the forums to complain about the planes being OP because it's an issue that needs thoroughly addressing. Planes in WW1, were suited to dogfights and bringing down Zeppelins, in BF1, I've seen maybe 2 dogfights? And they were both by me... Yes I won them both, one was a bomber, he was easy to bring down and then the other one was an Attack Plane which I decided to ram. I was dying of laughter after I rammed him and he went down. I get that the bomber is great at... bombing... no hate to that, it's when the Attack Planes and Fighters decide to rush in and get a bunch of kills on infantry. Attack Planes should specialise in killing the Behemoths, the Fighter should be best at, you guessed it, dogfights and the Bomber should be best at bringing down infantry HOWEVER the bombs are heavy and therefore should be extremely inaccurate. Pilots, good and bad, should not be able to top the scoreboard. That should be the tankers and infantry's job. I even saw a low level pilot (level 5) going 27-2... Like bruh... This is a problem, when an inexperienced pilot is able to go 27-2. This other pilot that went 67-0 was level 50 with the plane... I don't really have much of a life outside of gaming, but god... I'm not even past 25 for Support yet and it's my most used class.



I can hear them... the pilots all coming to rage at me :smiley:

Comments

  • Dinamythe2512
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    A support can already deal up to 30 damage to a plane in one pass-by and a sniper maybe 50 if he lands 5 shots. Only 3 to 4 infantry should then be able to bring down a plane or at least giving you some rest as he needs to repair.

    Planes are supposed to be the victimes of the sky as they have no armor and no real cover but people tend to miss that (as well as they miss their shot at the plane because yes it's more difficult to hit it, you'll need some training)
  • IllIllIII
    2472 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 16
    Allowing a plane to do that, is entirely on your team.

    There are plenty of counter measures to planes. Blame your team not the balancing.

    The problem is, if there is noone in your team to counter him he can go on a rampage very easy.
    There i no class where this is an issue.

    I blame the big nerf (repairing) of the AA.
    This was a gift from the devs to the crying noob pilots.
    The good pilots never cried about the AA buff or the TF nerf.
  • Dovahki1n
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 16
    "The good pilots never cried about the AA buff or the TF nerf"

    Same with the Martini Henry (rip mah boy) the dudes who actually know how difficult it could be never complained about it. DICE cater to the noobs far too much. (Noobs) "Nerf the Hellriegel more times than it needs" (DICE) "Okay..."

    (Noob) "Nerf the AA" (DICE) "Okay..."
    (Noob) "Buff the planes more and more until they dominate the game and the game dies out because no one can be bothered to be killed by a plane every second" (DICE) "Okay..."

    Like for real, why is it easier to kill a STEEL tank, than it is to kill a WOODEN plane?

    EDIT: I messed up the quote bit...
  • r0nin_Ts
    1186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    Allowing a plane to do that, is entirely on your team.

    There are plenty of counter measures to planes. Blame your team not the balancing.

    The problem is, if there is noone in your team to counter him he can go on a rampage very easy.
    There i no class where this is an issue.

    I blame the big nerf (repairing) of the AA.
    This was a gift from the devs to the crying noob pilots.
    The good pilots never cried about the AA buff or the TF nerf.
    This is actually good mechanic and its much better than it was when AA was getting quickly disabled by airplanes at the begining of the round and it was taking it forever to respawn. It only needs a bug fix and speeding up a repair process for all stationary weapons and we are good to go :)
  • Duece09
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 16
    Allowing a plane to do that, is entirely on your team.

    There are plenty of counter measures to planes. Blame your team not the balancing.

    Agree 100%. Your team has more than enough resources to take down a plane made out of paper. I'm pretty sure my 4 year old could shoot a plane down with an AA.

  • IllIllIII
    2472 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    r0nin_Ts wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    Allowing a plane to do that, is entirely on your team.

    There are plenty of counter measures to planes. Blame your team not the balancing.

    The problem is, if there is noone in your team to counter him he can go on a rampage very easy.
    There i no class where this is an issue.

    I blame the big nerf (repairing) of the AA.
    This was a gift from the devs to the crying noob pilots.
    The good pilots never cried about the AA buff or the TF nerf.
    This is actually good mechanic and its much better than it was when AA was getting quickly disabled by airplanes at the begining of the round and it was taking it forever to respawn. It only needs a bug fix and speeding up a repair process for all stationary weapons and we are good to go :)

    The tank hunter disables it with one round... how much quicker can it be destroyed?
    And they never get repaired... i rather have it respawned
  • von_Campenstein
    1945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 16
    Putting it on the already severly challenged Support class to maintain AA was a big mistake. Avoid plane maps like the plague!

    To make this a slightly more constructive post, let Support drop additional Tools to get help repairing or outsource it on someone else for Points.
  • V2Face
    1363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dovahki1n wrote: »
    So I'm on Operations right, trying to do your challenge for a dogtag which will turn into a knife that I'll never use... at some point.

    I'm on St. Quentin and I see this dude in his Halberstadt going 67-0... 67... 0... Do you not see anything wrong with that? Why? Why exactly, can't you nerf planes correctly? You gave them one nerf, and that did nothing. They're more accurate than the M1907 SL Sweeper (Which by the way, has such bad accuracy that I gave up trying to get the Factory RSC because it's not worth it having to use a terrible gun, when I could use the Autoloading 8.25 and actually kill something) and that's funny because the pilots in WW1 literally just dropped bombs off THE SIDE of the plane with their hands... No magnified optic (well maybe one) but no like "This device will drop the bombs directly onto the enemies heads". The accuracy of the things is absolutely ridiculous. On Operations, you've got 2 objectives which, to win the game every player is forced to stay at so you simply cannot escape a plane. The pilot does one scouting run then drops the bombs... Boom... Killfeed lights up with 5 "B3stP1lot345 'plane icon' "ICan'tFindAnAAGun867"

    You say the Hellriegel is easy to use, then you go and say the planes are really bad... Boi are you playing the same game I'm playing? Then you say the Hellriegel is noob friendly, excuse me? What noob (new player) have you seen that's hit rank 10 for Assault with a Hellriegel? None, exactly.

    Back to the planes. Yeah they're OP. And before you say it, yes, I did just play a game then come to the forums to complain about the planes being OP because it's an issue that needs thoroughly addressing. Planes in WW1, were suited to dogfights and bringing down Zeppelins, in BF1, I've seen maybe 2 dogfights? And they were both by me... Yes I won them both, one was a bomber, he was easy to bring down and then the other one was an Attack Plane which I decided to ram. I was dying of laughter after I rammed him and he went down. I get that the bomber is great at... bombing... no hate to that, it's when the Attack Planes and Fighters decide to rush in and get a bunch of kills on infantry. Attack Planes should specialise in killing the Behemoths, the Fighter should be best at, you guessed it, dogfights and the Bomber should be best at bringing down infantry HOWEVER the bombs are heavy and therefore should be extremely inaccurate. Pilots, good and bad, should not be able to top the scoreboard. That should be the tankers and infantry's job. I even saw a low level pilot (level 5) going 27-2... Like bruh... This is a problem, when an inexperienced pilot is able to go 27-2. This other pilot that went 67-0 was level 50 with the plane... I don't really have much of a life outside of gaming, but god... I'm not even past 25 for Support yet and it's my most used class.



    I can hear them... the pilots all coming to rage at me :smiley:

    Planes are nowhere near overpowered with the buffs to the AA. I assume you were playing 64 ops which is a pilots wet dream because players tend to cluster on an objectives and not disperse. With only majority of the time two flags you can rack up the kills on helpless players who are refusing to counter the plane farmers. It is your fault and your teams fault for that. Can't get on an SAA, camp the spawn screen until you can spawn a MAA and ruin his fun. No need to complain here because I will only call you a terrible player.
  • DistFam
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

    Putting it on the already severly challenged Support class to maintain AA was a big mistake.

    This guy hit the nail on the head, the least used class in the game having the burden of keeping AA's up thus keeping planes from going on crazy rampages is absurd, what's more, why pick the repair tool over Limpets or a Crossbow? 99% of players would rather take a lethal gadget. The repair tool should be a Melee option with no wire/wood breaking benefits so there's still a reason to use the others.
  • boutneus
    1210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dovahki1n wrote: »
    "The good pilots never cried about the AA buff or the TF nerf"

    Same with the Martini Henry (rip mah boy) the dudes who actually know how difficult it could be never complained about it. DICE cater to the noobs far too much. (Noobs) "Nerf the Hellriegel more times than it needs" (DICE) "Okay..."

    (Noob) "Nerf the AA" (DICE) "Okay..."
    (Noob) "Buff the planes more and more until they dominate the game and the game dies out because no one can be bothered to be killed by a plane every second" (DICE) "Okay..."

    Like for real, why is it easier to kill a STEEL tank, than it is to kill a WOODEN plane?

    EDIT: I messed up the quote bit...

    MH difficult? Lollololtrololol
  • mihai2011rom
    481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you couldn't get 50 kills with the sweeper, you're just bad. Get good and your problems will disaappear.
  • MarxistDictator
    2215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah he's whining about the 1907, and then goes on to lament the fact that the Henry Martini can't one hit kill your big toe anymore. Clearly just a case of madcuzbad


    Sorry, you're wrong and planes are so easily destroyed it's a joke currently. No need to make it even easier because you're that tragically fart at this game nah
  • Esk1m0z4mb1k
    162 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 16
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    Allowing a plane to do that, is entirely on your team.

    There are plenty of counter measures to planes. Blame your team not the balancing.

    The problem is, if there is noone in your team to counter him he can go on a rampage very easy.
    There i no class where this is an issue.

    I blame the big nerf (repairing) of the AA.
    This was a gift from the devs to the crying noob pilots.
    The good pilots never cried about the AA buff or the TF nerf.

    Sorry dude but you're wrong on this one. Maybe the repair patch was a nerf on conquest, but it is a huge buff in operation which is the gamemode wh're talking about here.

    However I'm an operation player (pilot) myself and I experienced what OP is saying. The GS attack plane, if properly manned, is a true beast versus infantry and is king in the sky if you just have a dedicated gunner. The balance is way off, similarly to the pre-patch trench figther. Something has to be done.

    Also some operations having imbalanced SAA / plane numbers depending on the side doesn't help at all.
  • Dovahki1n
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    Dovahki1n wrote: »
    So I'm on Operations right, trying to do your challenge for a dogtag which will turn into a knife that I'll never use... at some point.

    I'm on St. Quentin and I see this dude in his Halberstadt going 67-0... 67... 0... Do you not see anything wrong with that? Why? Why exactly, can't you nerf planes correctly? You gave them one nerf, and that did nothing. They're more accurate than the M1907 SL Sweeper (Which by the way, has such bad accuracy that I gave up trying to get the Factory RSC because it's not worth it having to use a terrible gun, when I could use the Autoloading 8.25 and actually kill something) and that's funny because the pilots in WW1 literally just dropped bombs off THE SIDE of the plane with their hands... No magnified optic (well maybe one) but no like "This device will drop the bombs directly onto the enemies heads". The accuracy of the things is absolutely ridiculous. On Operations, you've got 2 objectives which, to win the game every player is forced to stay at so you simply cannot escape a plane. The pilot does one scouting run then drops the bombs... Boom... Killfeed lights up with 5 "B3stP1lot345 'plane icon' "ICan'tFindAnAAGun867"

    You say the Hellriegel is easy to use, then you go and say the planes are really bad... Boi are you playing the same game I'm playing? Then you say the Hellriegel is noob friendly, excuse me? What noob (new player) have you seen that's hit rank 10 for Assault with a Hellriegel? None, exactly.

    Back to the planes. Yeah they're OP. And before you say it, yes, I did just play a game then come to the forums to complain about the planes being OP because it's an issue that needs thoroughly addressing. Planes in WW1, were suited to dogfights and bringing down Zeppelins, in BF1, I've seen maybe 2 dogfights? And they were both by me... Yes I won them both, one was a bomber, he was easy to bring down and then the other one was an Attack Plane which I decided to ram. I was dying of laughter after I rammed him and he went down. I get that the bomber is great at... bombing... no hate to that, it's when the Attack Planes and Fighters decide to rush in and get a bunch of kills on infantry. Attack Planes should specialise in killing the Behemoths, the Fighter should be best at, you guessed it, dogfights and the Bomber should be best at bringing down infantry HOWEVER the bombs are heavy and therefore should be extremely inaccurate. Pilots, good and bad, should not be able to top the scoreboard. That should be the tankers and infantry's job. I even saw a low level pilot (level 5) going 27-2... Like bruh... This is a problem, when an inexperienced pilot is able to go 27-2. This other pilot that went 67-0 was level 50 with the plane... I don't really have much of a life outside of gaming, but god... I'm not even past 25 for Support yet and it's my most used class.



    I can hear them... the pilots all coming to rage at me :smiley:

    Planes are nowhere near overpowered with the buffs to the AA. I assume you were playing 64 ops which is a pilots wet dream because players tend to cluster on an objectives and not disperse. With only majority of the time two flags you can rack up the kills on helpless players who are refusing to counter the plane farmers. It is your fault and your teams fault for that. Can't get on an SAA, camp the spawn screen until you can spawn a MAA and ruin his fun. No need to complain here because I will only call you a terrible player.

    Completely wrong, I was playing 40. And you're a bit quick to judge aren't you? You're probably no better yourself.
  • APBT
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Stop waiting for the next man to do something and step up.
  • IllIllIII
    2472 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    Allowing a plane to do that, is entirely on your team.

    There are plenty of counter measures to planes. Blame your team not the balancing.

    The problem is, if there is noone in your team to counter him he can go on a rampage very easy.
    There i no class where this is an issue.

    I blame the big nerf (repairing) of the AA.
    This was a gift from the devs to the crying noob pilots.
    The good pilots never cried about the AA buff or the TF nerf.

    Sorry dude but you're wrong on this one. Maybe the repair patch was a nerf on conquest, but it is a huge buff in operation which is the gamemode wh're talking about here.

    However I'm an operation player (pilot) myself and I experienced what OP is saying. The GS attack plane, if properly manned, is a true beast versus infantry and is king in the sky if you just have a dedicated gunner. The balance is way off, similarly to the pre-patch trench figther. Something has to be done.

    Also some operations having imbalanced SAA / plane numbers depending on the side doesn't help at all.

    I have to admit, i don't how it is in operations.
    I only play CQ.
    So i assume you're right.
  • okachuka
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Planes at this game are super simple/easy to use for some reason but the damage has already been done.

    Yea like many here said, if some enemy is doing 60-0 and still going, then you can only blame yourselves, why not shoot some rounds to them, rather than just try to run and hide or just walk around hoping that said pilot wont engage, that's not going to happen.

    Attack/fighter planes can be burned with the AA on their one pass easily, atleast what i can do with my aim sometimes lol
  • l_water_l
    681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You have to shoot at them.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!