Martini-Henry - It still WORKS!

WackyJacky101
100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Hey guys,

As a big fan of the Martini-Henry and with the experience of 80 service stars, I have to admit i fell in love with the gun like so many of you did when the game was release.

I still hear people talk about how the gun is "still broken" and "can no longer be used as aggressive PTFO scout". I say thats not true.

I tested the gun in Domination and set out on a mission of PTFO with it and ended up a win and 78 kills richer.

As I would love to share with you how that turned out, I've made a video about it here:

What do you think? Do you still consider the Martini-Henry a viable PTFO aggressive scout weapon? or just a broken gimmick of a weapon?

Comments

• obisearch
    433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 16
    Good stuff dude liked the plays. Point is martini can be used as a pto gun (I like to call it my battle sniper build), however I feel there are better suited weapons for me the smle, lebel and k95 are preferred as they excel at the 25 -70m battle sniper range and you'd have to play exactly the same way (i.e. snipe / then frommer combo) without having to reload every shot.
    I feel martini is more of a marksman gun to pick of stragglers than frontline gun.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 16
    It seems like they nerfed the muzzle velocity a little more.
    Might be the botched net performance after June patch though.
    But it feels almost like every round is a hang fire.
    The low muzzle velocity coupled with shotty server information makes it harder to go agro with the MH.
    I still rock the it in CQC but Ive been switching back to the M95 more often.
    Or an assault kit when things get really sketchy.
    It works well when the server is running decently.
  • HardAimedKid
    10237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have a few kills with it, it works pretty well in my opinion
  • MayorMarionBarry
    I have a few kills with it, it works pretty well in my opinion

Only a few hundred stars.
    I think I'm at like 30 with it.
  • von_Campenstein
    2985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oh a Martini-Henry appreciation thead;

• l_water_l
    1007 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I love the martini. The only thing that makes it worth less than other rifles is the speed of the bullet. That being said, my longest headshot at 468m was with the martini infantry.
  • Led0rus
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's the easiest PTFO rifle to use imo. I usually use the SMLE and I hardly get sweet spot kills with it (I use it over the M95 because I'm used to the muzzle velocity) but I get them all the time with the Martini. I heard it's because the Martini's sweet spot is also in the stomach though.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    Led0rus wrote: »
    It's the easiest PTFO rifle to use imo. I usually use the SMLE and I hardly get sweet spot kills with it (I use it over the M95 because I'm used to the muzzle velocity) but I get them all the time with the Martini. I heard it's because the Martini's sweet spot is also in the stomach though.

I wouldn't say easiest. The reload time is killer and the muzzle velocity makes it difficult to hit targets that move after you pull the trigger.
    At least on console with aim assist disabled.
    The m95 is, I think, much more forgiving.
    For reason I can't get down with the SMLE. I have no idea why but its just horroble for me.
  • von_Campenstein
    2985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I wouldn't say easiest. The reload time is killer and the muzzle velocity makes it difficult to hit targets that move after you pull the trigger.
    For reason I can't get down with the SMLE. I have no idea why but its just horroble for me.

It's the SMLE iron sights, they're horrible, everyone I know uses radium on it.
  • Gmkillers
    1190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Hate the radium sights they block your vision badly. And the Martini Henry is pretty much the only gun in the game I feel you are rewarded for being good at the game that's why I use it so much.
  • V2Face
    1807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Best scout weapon in the game. My top infantry variant and probably the most fun and challenging weapon in BF1. I moved on to the MH sniper because I like to torture myself.
  • Led0rus

I don't mind the reload personally. I feel like because you have to reload after every shot, it makes me more accurate. The muzzle velocity is confusing after 80 meters but I just try to stick within the sweet spot anyway. I have aim assist disabled too and for me I have an easier time leading targets because of it.

Everyone has different preferences with rifles though, that's the beauty of the scout class. Once you learn how to use a different rifle and muscle memory has settled in, it's hard to switch.
  • TemujinKhan1162
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

They are horrible in real life too, the post is way to skinny i have a hard time lining it up at the range.
  • Led0rus

They are horrible in real life too, the post is way to skinny i have a hard time lining it up at the range.

The carbine variant solved all of these problems for me :p
  • MayorMarionBarry

The carbine variant solved all of these problems for me :p

Oh I forgot about the carbine! Ill try it out tonight.
  • WackyJacky101
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    l_water_l wrote: »
    I love the martini. The only thing that makes it worth less than other rifles is the speed of the bullet. That being said, my longest headshot at 468m was with the martini infantry.

468m with the Martini-Henry, I'm impressed - thats sick dude :) How many attempts did it take? hehe
  • zJesusguy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 16
    Upper torso shots need to do insta kill. this 90, 95 damage is ****.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I absolutely love the sound of the Martini. Just started using it recently and I have to say its one of my favourite scout weapons.
  • GRIZZ11283
    3030 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 16
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    1293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    zJesusguy wrote: »
    Upper torso shots need to do insta kill. this 90, 95 damage is ****.

Was this post worth of a necro?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!