Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Can anyone suggest another game I could use to test latency variation?

disposalist
4489 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited July 17
Something I can download for free would be good. Something I can switch on a network graph like BF1 or at least where latency effects are obvious.

My ISP claim they have 'fixed' the issue at my exchange, but I'm still getting latency variation (and packet loss) and they are casting stones at BF1 specifically...

Comments

• dcs500
    400 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 17
    My ISP claim they have 'fixed' the issue at my exchange, but I'm still getting latency variation (and packet loss) and they are casting stones at BF1 specifically...

Seeing as so many people are experiencing the same thing, yet amazingly have no problems elsewhere, maybe your ISP has a point.

• disposalist
    4489 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    dcs500 wrote: »
    Seeing as so many people are experiencing the same thing, yet amazingly have no problems elsewhere, maybe your ISP has a point.
    Er, no I do see the problem elsewhere (in Think Broadband Quality Monitor and DSLReports testing) - it's independant of BF1's netcode issues - I just want to try another demanding multiplayer game for more 'evidence'.

I'd be happy if it were just BF1, but I really don't think so...
  • crabman169
    8916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hmm Siege might have a netgraph thingy for PC but I know it does have at least a fps and latency counter at the bottom left if you switch it on

Maybe try previous battlefield titles?

No idea for free though; god there is some awful stuff on steam

Could spent $10 and get yourself Verdun or something ;)