In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

State of the Game - Help DICE Prioritize!

Indigownd
37 postsMember, Developer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE
edited July 18
Everyone,
It's been a while since we did this, but here we go again. I'd like to ask you, the community, what you think we should prioritize our efforts on.
What features would you like to see added, improved, removed or changed?
We do have our internal list of priorities, but I am sure we're missing some things. Help us make the game even better!
Please be as constructive as possible in your feedback, and try to avoid writing walls of text or post videos (the quicker to read, the better).
I know there are a lot of you out there with a passion for competitive gaming. There is no reason to post anything about that aspect of Battlefield here or now. A time and place for that will come soon.
Thanks for being awesome!
Jojje "Indigow(n)d" Dalunde

Comments

• JacobtheSmartGuy
    884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Okay.
  • HansGrupper
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1# Please fix matchmaking, the game is unable to find games for skill level in vanilla CQ maps. No problems with DLC maps.

2# Add horses to DOM maps

3# lower ticket count in DOM 200 -> 150 for more intense match experience.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Rent a server program, I also feel adding a server browser for Operations would be nice, also I lost my progress for Unlocked story mode skins in multiplayer. I feel the semi auto rifles/Medic rifles should be as they were in Battlefield 3.
    Much more, but not at the tope of my head, glad to have Been apart of Battlefield for so many years, thank you
  • MegaloDorian
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    (My post doesn't pertain much to any game-breaking issues, which should be priority. Rather, it's focused on features that should so happen add convenience to the community's gaming experience.)

I'd propose two convenience fixes that have been heavily suggested by the community already. One of them is putting Operations into the server browser. The other one is to allow the customization of the Pilot/Tanker classes without having to have a vehicle available to do such.

Going further into the Pilot/Tanker thing, a lot of people would love to see the integration of the heavily-underused Pilot/Tanker weapons into the four main infantry classes. Now, seeing as these weapons are better than the handguns but worse than the primaries (intermediate-power weapons), I'd suggest creating a system where if you equip a Pilot/Tanker weapon as your primary for a main infantry class, you'd get equip another Pilot/Tanker weapon as your secondary weapon. This way, you have an inferior primary, but superior secondary (it balances out). Of course, they should be assigned to certain classes as I suggest below, or whatever would be seen as fit by the development team.

Assault: Frommer Stop Auto & Sawn-Off (Close range oriented.)
    Medic: M1911 Extended & Borchardt C93 Carbine (Both offer good close range utility in their own ways, but offer better ranged capability than the Assault options.)
    Support: Artillery P08 (Highest capacity high-capacity carbine.) & Mle 1903 Extended (Highest capacity low-capacity carbine.)
    Scout: C96 Carbine (Most accurate high-capacity carbine.) & Pieper M1893 (Best ranged damage.)

The Obrez has supposedly been "leaked," quite possibly as a Pilot/Tanker weapon. That should be for Scout with such a system in place. Some of these are DLC weapons, however. Which begs if there would be a plausible work-around.
  • l-VALEK-l
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Operations is South-Africa is impossible to find and play. You added a Summer Community Mission to win and finish 3 rounds but how can we if there is NO populated severs available. Add a browser feature so we can atleast play OOR to finish the mission and play a game when we feel like it. This constantly ending up in a empty sever is ridiculous...
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    1119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Matchmaking and team balance should be fixed asap because 27 - 20 isn't the best way to start the round.
    Also map voting should be removed from at least official servers. I know that upcoming July patch is going to bring some fixes to this issue but I still think it's not good enough.
    And yes, medal system hasn't been touched since the release which is disappointing to some players. I really hope you can make it possible for people to pick any medal to complete from the list instead of weekly random.
  • bebot_08
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Improve the vehicle spawn areas in certain maps especially in Amiens to avoid spawn mining.(can be done by holding the square button also if on Ps4, to remove enemy mines just like when you're removing your own. Or give the vehicles at least a 3 sec. invincibility right after spawning.)

Improve the vehicles' change seat system on consoles like on PC. (my idea is to press and hold X, if on Ps4 and use the L analog stick to choose a particular seat you want.)

Mission tracker for all challenge missions to avoid confusion or misunderstandings on missions' requirements..

Also, fixing the fire invincibility of the flame trooper.(not fireproof anymore after riding any vehicles.)

I hope you can improve these matters..

• iano1978
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Glad to see that this post made it to the Forums and not just Reddit, thank you.

My wishlist of priorities:

Platoons - get to the next stage with more features
    RSP - Too much to mention here, visit the RSP section for what is needed

Improved Spawn system, random spawn locations for vehicles, correct class for vehicles (especially horses)
    Medals, ability to choose any medal to complete
    Quicker quit time
    Conquest scoring
    Customise Vehicles from menu instead of in game
    Plane skins not saving after being selected
    Better way to invite party to game (on console)
  • Thumper2671
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Make the game more entertaining.