State of the Game - Help DICE Prioritize!

Comments

• thexfiles123
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can you guys fix BF1's recent horrid performance issues on PC, pretty please?
  • suntek
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can you guys fix BF1's recent horrid performance issues on PC, pretty please?

If you followed closely BF series you would notice this trend in every installment, i believe since BF2. Once new DLC/major content comes, its gigantic update (but small changes) and performance detoriates.
    Few DLCs later and game is barely playable on , say, i5 from 2 generations back like i had, even tho it flew smoothly during base game stage.

I couldn't handle it anymore and finally upgraded mobo/cpu/ram and clocked the bamboozle out of it. Now i'm coasting at 200 FPS (same graphic card mind you, gtx970, same detail settings).
    Why?

I'm guessing they're letting CPU do a lot more work than it really should in a game, instead of mounting the load to GPU (which often runs underutilized). Always been like that since i played BF.
  • Whanrow
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    What in the heck have they done now. Lost connection to EA online 3 times so far tonight and never happened before. Then try to re-join, and it disconnects again.

And this is with servers sorted by ping, and only choosing the closest server.

Oh, I have one of the 5 lowest pings on the server, and still absolutely no hit detection. Even worse than before by many times over.

Played some more and notice also that distance sight still seems more blurry than it used to be - just like BFV - imagine. Really hate it.

New team balancing doesn't seem to work much either. Every time it mid-game balanced, it either did nothing (as usual), or it put TOO many players over to the other team! The last game I played went form 12 and 10 to 7 and 12 after tht balancing near the end.
    Post edited by Whanrow on
  • silentdeath57
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    it would be nice to have a wave based or a mission based zombie mode where we have to firgure out what happen or to get to a certain destiantion. or where we just have to hold for more help this game has the poteiental to make it happen. defintly have more then 4 players for this.
  • Griggsy1402
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Priority is the CHEATERS that have totally ruined this game for me personally, half the time you get hit with one shot from across the playing field, dead, i look at the Players stats 58-4, is she/he just an exceptional player, maybe.

I have bought nearly all the Battlefield games and this is the worse for me, i won't be buying anymore, i'll go back to Battlefield 1 once the crowd have moved on but just by looking at all the cheats and hacks advertised online i doubt the experience will be any more rewarding.

• paulkdragon
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/159766/unless-ea-and-dice-fix-the-netcode-this-game-is-dead#latest what EA and Dice need to do is fix the netcode ASAP I'm sick and tired of going through with Oceania servers with Barely any players and it while North and south America have plenty of players but only have one bar of ping in it!
  • d3monkid12
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/159766/unless-ea-and-dice-fix-the-netcode-this-game-is-dead#latest what EA and Dice need to do is fix the netcode ASAP I'm sick and tired of going through with Oceania servers with Barely any players and it while North and south America have plenty of players but only have one bar of ping in it!

I feel ur pain. only thing is, I live in texas and I still get loaded into empty servers.
  • nishantroy89
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I had to return back my copy due to poor bit registration and latency issues. Returned in 2 days only. I had initially planned to keep bf1 and buy bf5 too by xmas.. But honestly speaking i dont think anyone at dice gives a flying fox about bf1 now. They will be migrating all their major resources like servers, manpower, manhours etc into bf5 now.. So don't expect much from bf1 now anymore..
  • Kummitukka
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What has happened to operation campaign? Why is there none active?
  • GrilledEpoxy
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I had to return back my copy due to poor bit registration and latency issues. Returned in 2 days only. I had initially planned to keep bf1 and buy bf5 too by xmas.. But honestly speaking i dont think anyone at dice gives a flying fox about bf1 now. They will be migrating all their major resources like servers, manpower, manhours etc into bf5 now.. So don't expect much from bf1 now anymore..

bf5 is even worse than bf1 ...
    I mean same exact problems from bf1...
  • SlugSniper
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BFV is DOA.

If DICE wants to keep their fans, they need to keep updating their older games that still have large player bases.

It makes me sick that works of art like BF1 get thrown aside in favor of the next big release, especially when the next release has so little hype.
  • Teammargarine
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I did not play the Beta but if this game has the BF1 killcam that reminds everyone of battlefront remove that garbage.

• GrilledEpoxy
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    BFV is DOA.

If DICE wants to keep their fans, they need to keep updating their older games that still have large player bases.

It makes me sick that works of art like BF1 get thrown aside in favor of the next big release, especially when the next release has so little hype.

bf1 is really nice game ...
    they just need to remove suppression -sweet spot - RANDOM BULLETS - SPAM GRENEDES etc ...
    is it that hard to remove those things from BF1 ?
    What did they do ?
    they remove these things from bf1 and then they call it bf5 now ...
    and it's worse than bf1 because of those loooooooooooooooong animations and it's buggy as hell (beta)
  • SlugSniper
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Animat1on wrote: »
    BFV is DOA.

they just need to remove suppression -sweet spot - RANDOM BULLETS - SPAM GRENEDES etc ...
    What did they do ?
    and it's worse than bf1 because of those loooooooooooooooong animations and it's buggy as hell (beta)

I actually like the sweetspot mechanic since it makes sniping feel worthwhile and encourages movement for maximum effectiveness. "Random bullet deviation" also places weapon categories firmly within an effective range. BFV gives players laser-accurate SMGs and castrated bolt-actions.

I would say that suppression could be toned down a bit, and as for grenade spam, I do wish DICE had thought the classes through a little more. It would have been better as a 5-class system:

Assault - SMGs, Shotguns, Rocket Gun, AT Grenades, Grenade Launchers, Dynamite, Limpets, Shield.
    Medic - SLRs, Bandage Packs, Medical Crate, Medic Dog, Syringe, Mustard Gas Emitter.
    Support - MGs, Ammo Packs, Ammo Box, Mortars, Stationary Grenade Crossbow, Messenger Pigeon (artillery strikes), Bangalore Torpedo.
    Engineer - Pistol Carbines, Machine Pistols, Repair Tool, Shovel (that can actually dig), AT Mines, Heavy AP Mines, Satchel Charges, Telegraph (spawn beacon), Caltrops.
    Scout - Single-Action Rifles, Flare Guns, Flare Rockets, Decoys, Sniper Shield, Tripwire Mines, Deployable Camo, K Bullets, Camera Pigeon (no freaky telepathic control).
  • GrilledEpoxy
    BFV is DOA.

What did they do ?

I actually like the sweetspot mechanic since it makes sniping feel worthwhile and encourages movement for maximum effectiveness. "Random bullet deviation" also places weapon categories firmly within an effective range. BFV gives players laser-accurate SMGs and castrated bolt-actions.

I would say that suppression could be toned down a bit, and as for grenade spam, I do wish DICE had thought the classes through a little more. It would have been better as a 5-class system:

Assault - SMGs, Shotguns, Rocket Gun, AT Grenades, Grenade Launchers, Dynamite, Limpets, Shield.
    Medic - SLRs, Bandage Packs, Medical Crate, Medic Dog, Syringe, Mustard Gas Emitter.
    Support - MGs, Ammo Packs, Ammo Box, Mortars, Stationary Grenade Crossbow, Messenger Pigeon (artillery strikes), Bangalore Torpedo.
    Engineer - Pistol Carbines, Machine Pistols, Repair Tool, Shovel (that can actually dig), AT Mines, Heavy AP Mines, Satchel Charges, Telegraph (spawn beacon), Caltrops.
    Scout - Single-Action Rifles, Flare Guns, Flare Rockets, Decoys, Sniper Shield, Tripwire Mines, Deployable Camo, K Bullets, Camera Pigeon (no freaky telepathic control).

nope ...
    you don't know what you are talking about
    you are a console player right ?
  • SlugSniper
    BFV is DOA.

What did they do ?

nope ...
    you don't know what you are talking about
    you are a console player right ?

Yep.

I'm aware that a controller is very different from a mouse and keyboard, but my points about sweetspots and RBD still stand. No SMG should be as accurate as a rifle beyond medium range, and the complete lack of sweetspots and horrible rifle velocity in BFV makes the category a waste of a weapon slot.

The reverse-spread mechanic on LMGs is a bit clunky, but it fits the category where mobility is concerned.
  • nishantroy89
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Are there mortars and arty guns in it?
  • CPU_UK
    1019 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Current word on the street is no mortars. Why would anyone want to play arty\ mortar anyway 0_o
  • SlugSniper
    CPU_UK wrote: »

Current word on the street is no mortars. Why would anyone want to play arty\ mortar anyway 0_o

Indirect supportive fire.
  • digga11
    733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CPU_UK wrote: »

Indirect supportive fire.

Aka moving folks along.