State of the Game - Help DICE Prioritize!

Comments

• LakolasWhardon
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Okay, one more: fog indoors. Why do we have it? It doesn't make a lick of sense.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    For us PC gamers, a client-side anti cheat would help immensely to bring up declining population levels, either PB or Battleeye, preferably Battleeye
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    Yeah, the fog. It definitely needs tweaking as well. Not being to see more than 5 feet in front of you because there's basically a giant white wall in front of your freaking face. Not fun at all. Yes, there should be fog, but please tone down its intensity!
    Post edited by HUMANFRAIL7Y on
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    My issues, in order of importance:

1. Team balance.
    2. Bugs/glitches
    3. Auto-rotation
    4. The imbalance of assault weapons chosen, two of them making up the vast majority of usage in their class.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    This one isn't gamebreaking or anything, but if you like quality checks, it would be nice to address.

Some of the team emblems on vehicles are showing up on incorrect teams.

Examples:
    British roundel on German team's airship.
    AEF roundel on German bomber tail (when viewed from rear gunner position)
  • HuGo_0
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For PC:

1. Anti cheat - at mo even Punkbuster would do - a lot of sketchy moments are caused by lag/packet loss/ high ping etc etc but some sort of active anti cheat besides FF would go a long way to calm things down.
    2. Extreme brightness when looking out window - i get why its there and it is cool just not when your in a fire fight with someone outside the window.
    3. Operations - Browser would be fantastic in place of map screen - its a great part of the game especially when it runs threw multiple games, it just finding that initial game in a sensible time frame.
    4. Weather effects - less fog in the weather rotation especially in Operations it sometimes runs from one Operation right threw next - the maps are exceptional quality and need to be seen, the rain is outstanding though it adds to the feel.
    5. Conquest - Up until June it was all about the flags, some good attack/defends around flags and a lot of flanking, since then somethings gone off its got very campy/ deathmatch like and less capping - very few close matches.
  • USAFguy22
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    - Increase max tickets on CQ and return the scoring to how it was in BF4
    - Medal rewards give scraps instead of points for those that are max rank
    - Increase drop rate of super rare skins
    - Add DLC maps for all players but restrict the weapons to people who buy DLC
  • Press-2-Continue
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Everything in this thread for starters including timescales and answer's as to why you thought re-inventing the wheel would work when the system in place for bf3/4 worked PERFECTLY fine https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/34842/top-questions-regarding-the-battlefield-1-rental-server-program/p1
    Operations allowed on Rental server's (Because I'm sick and tired of having to sit and wait half an hour to populate an empty server that your matchmaking keeps putting me in).
    A System in place that you can not join matches with less than 100 tickets (most game modes like Conquest etc) or 50 tickets (domination) that actually works.
    A proper anti-cheat that gives PERM bans on the first instance for the cheaters non of this slap on the wrist for the first timer.
    Ability to customize tank,pilot load outs in the main menu and not having to sit there and wait in a game to select the tank/plane to customize it.
    Quick Match traffic being split between your server's and server's we pay for, not just going to your own server's.
    Adjustable player count for all game modes on rental server's non of this EA/DICE say you have to have 64 player conquest
    Removal of sentry kits in domination,Pigeons game modes.
    lower amount of Fog/sandstorm on all maps because it is BS makes the game impossible to play unless you have a sniper (Cant believe I'm saying this) using the periscope to give you the outline of the player so you can see them.
    Ping blocker (Not a limiter) stopping those of 120+ ping's joining server's out of their area. Sick and tired of 300+ ping user's coming to play in EU servers and screwing us all so get a ping limiter in place stopping user's of a ping above 120+ connecting to EU, (not sure about the state side players) and keep everyone else to there own local servers.

Basically read your forums there is thread after thread what we want fixed.
  • PyroMancerGamez
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The revolution in India during WW1
  • PyroMancerGamez
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    And the Indians in WW1
  • 287martin
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Get rid of fog it's not fun to play in and 64 player rush on all maps would be great
  • Mord-Vi
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2017
    - In order of my issues with the game

-Random bullet deviation/suppression. I know plans are in the works to change these mechanics and make them more logical. Well, get to it. Being punished for having good aim shouldn't be in a shooter, certainly not one where competitive gameplay is being considered. Optical sway, visual impairment is one thing, but my bullets not going where my crosshair is, isn't something that people appreciate in this game. We almost ALL hate it. Remove it.

-Map optimization needs work. Performance overall in specific maps seems problematic. FPS drops occurring on rigs like mine *high end, shouldn't be occuring, and it's evident that the engine itself isn't culprit, as frostbite in most situations is incredibly optimized. Additionally, Bloom, or HDR lighting in indoor environments, such as bunkers (pillboxes) when looking into outdoor environments is too high. Visually, this game represents reality to me, but I don't recall the outdoors to be overwhelming to vision like some of the environments in this game. Lets tone down the contrast and BLOOM/HDR

- False Wall meshes / Head glitching - I understand and accept that certain 'false walls' are really in place to reduce head glitching, yet am constantly being shot by an exposed head, with no gun visible. It's an illogical irony, and I'd love to see these mesh issues resolved

- Gas/Incendiary grenade spam/damage/ applicability. The way fire spreads in this game, you'd imagine each soldier was greased up in oil and gasoline on a hot summer day with clothing made out of sulfur. Fire spread off teamates is completely over the top, and gas damage, and the damage tick should start smaller, and increase over time. Being killed by an invisible grenade on the other side of a wall that isn't even animating a cloud is frustrating to say the least.

-Operations - server browser/better logical matchmaking, segregate 64/40 player servers.

-Sidearm damage across the board should be reduced. A snipers side-arm should not hit harder then a DMR at 20 meters. Cmon DICE!
    Post edited by Mord-Vi on
  • stlboss
    208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oh, I forgot. Please get rid of the sweet spot mechanic of sniper rifles! One shot kill ANYWHERE on the body? Where's the skill in that?

Im pretty sure shots to the leg are not ohk,as far as vaulting mechanic goes press jump button once more as you're near the top and you shouldnt have problem,works for me.
  • realkelach
    245 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    - More gadgets!!!

- Option to swop malee for syring for medic class!

- Latency, it appears people between 90-130 ping have an advantage currently.

- Operations in the server browser

- Stop it from putting us in games at the end of the round or games where the team is losing by more than 100 tickets.

- Remove aim assist on shotguns, I have a video where I kill a guy around 50-60 meters away. I did it several times where it magically locked to the poor suckers head. This was yesterday so current update.
    Post edited by realkelach on
  • DaveTheBrave_USA
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The range of pistol accuracy needs to be greatly decreased. Also when a player is being hit or sprayed with gun fire his ability to accurately return fire needs to be greatly decreased.
  • mvesus
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DEFUSE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
  • chawktrick
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    1. No more repeat map voting (i.e. voting to play Nivelle Nights means you shouldn't be able to vote to play it again for at least 2-3 rounds.)
    2. Higher ping players seem to have an advantage right now.
    3. Operations in browser or improved matchmaking. Almost entirely avoid this game mode because of trouble finding one.
    4. Improved team balancing, particularly at the start of rounds. Far too often, one team might play several minutes at two, three, four or greater, player deficits. This allows enemy team to quickly generate significant lead.
    5. Possible ticket rate adjustments in conquest. Might require some playtesting, but comebacks feel obsolete and flag advantages sometimes feel like they don't count for as much as they should.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    Rent a server program, for Operations, also, for Hardcore game modes, also is there any way to bring people back to Rush? The game mode seems dead (on the Xbox anyway) also, can we implimate, spawn beacons or a sort of spawn box/ Morse code box to spawn on, that the recon carries?
    Also, for the engineer weapons, make them available after you reach level 10 with the engineer for it unlocks the engineer weapons for all classes?
    It can be a way to make everyome try out the engineer.
    Hope for this to be positive feedback?
    Post edited by HawkeyeAM47 on
  • HardAimedKid
    11385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd like to add one.

Lighting, Or rather, The bloom effect when indoors ( see ballroom blitz C flag as a great example )

It needs to be toned down so that enemies outside can see in, And players indoors can see out.

It should not be a one way thing, There is nothing worse than taking the Ballroom flag only to be killed by somebody who is outside and you are unable to see them due to the bloom.

Second this. Walking out from a building is like being flashbanged lol