State of the Game - Help DICE Prioritize!

Comments

• SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Re-populating servers is another issue that I would like to see being worked on. I played a whole match of Operations last night with 5 less people on our team. The only reason I stayed was because I was playing with a couple of platoon friends.
  • Strycr
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    8. More attention paid to the OFFICAL FORUM or acknowledgement of problems that people bring up. It's OK to ignore the Dumb stuff that gets put up most of the time but sometimes there are some good threads that help people out or just some good ideas. Not everybody likes the eye bleeding format of Reddit.

This I couldn't agree more with personally.

@StarscreamUK , were you in LMZF ?
  • StarscreamUK
    7183 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I wasn't no, my psn is Starscream_UK
  • disposalist
    8337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Balance
    No matter how great the game and it's features a badly balanced game ruins the whole thing for everyone and it happens often.
    - Please no more team switching except to smaller/losing team. It is *crazy* you can switch to the bigger/winning team
    - Please some kind of in-game balancing. Auto-balance is unpopular, but some system to facilitate and incentivise a switch when the other team loses players is needed
    - Another kind of in-game balance: lengthen/reduce spawn times appropriately if teams become imbalanced
    - Buff behemoths. They are too easy to destroy and very rarely serve to address an imbalance
    - Don't start games badly imbalanced. They sometimes start 20 to 32 and stay that way for a while, then people leave and it gets even worse. Either allocate people when they are loaded and not before or make it more transparent so people know more team mates will be there shortly.
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Balance
    No matter how great the game and it's features a badly balanced game ruins the whole thing for everyone and it happens often.
    - Please no more team switching except to smaller/losing team. It is *crazy* you can switch to the bigger/winning team
    - Please some kind of in-game balancing. Auto-balance is unpopular, but some system to facilitate and incentivise a switch when the other team loses players is needed
    - Another kind of in-game balance: lengthen/reduce spawn times appropriately if teams become imbalanced
    - Buff behemoths. They are too easy to destroy and very rarely serve to address an imbalance
    - Don't start games badly imbalanced. They sometimes start 20 to 32 and stay that way for a while, then people leave and it gets even worse. Either allocate people when they are loaded and not before or make it more transparent so people know more team mates will be there shortly.

I say heck no to buffing behemoth. They could make it indestructible and it still wouldn't turn most games, because of the incompetence of the team that has it. Team balance is the bigger issue, which if improved would reduce behemoths altogether, creating a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
  • amardilo2099
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm playing mostly on Xbox One (but also play on PC and PS4 Pro) and I just want the game to stop having constant micro-stutters (it's the only game I own on PC, Xbox One and PS4 that has the issue and I've checked my ports, NAT and router and all that is fine).
  • spacegras
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hey, I'll leave my thoughts and wants here:

Conquest: make defending and holding objectives worth more, not as much as capping, but make them worth enough to make defending worthwhile.

Spawn: Squad leader respawns. similiar to the way it was in HC on previous editions. Spawn on Squad leader only and

Squad leader can spawn on any squad member. I think this will aid in team work.

Enemy respawn on dead enemies has been getting more and more problematic. If the Spawn target dies, boot the respawning unit back to the map screen.

Map voting, I like being able to vote for an upcoming map, but there need to be something to prevent the same two maps from being played over and over again. Put a limit in place, like if a Fort is the map just ending, then two other maps must be played before Fort can be voted in again.

Bring back the Server browser from BF4.

Just a few right now, I may add a few more later after I read some more of the comments as they come up.

Thanks!
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Priority = Fix netcode and hit detection, i couldn't care less about any other fluff.

I was under the impression the latest patch/update was meant to be addressing being shot while in cover? (sure i read that somewhere). Guess not as i've just been killed by the same 150 pinger twice now while behind a wall/in a trench who, coincidentally, was topping the enemy leaderboard. Biggest issue in the game for me which was fixed in the spring patch then destroyed again a few days later.
  • l-Randy-I
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    Indigownd wrote: »
    Everyone,
    It's been a while since we did this, but here we go again. I'd like to ask you, the community, what you think we should prioritize our efforts on.
    What features would you like to see added, improved, removed or changed?
    We do have our internal list of priorities, but I am sure we're missing some things. Help us make the game even better!
    Please be as constructive as possible in your feedback, and try to avoid writing walls of text or post videos (the quicker to read, the better).
    I know there are a lot of you out there with a passion for competitive gaming. There is no reason to post anything about that aspect of Battlefield here or now. A time and place for that will come soon.
    Thanks for being awesome!
    Jojje "Indigow(n)d" Dalunde

How about u listen to us this time ....oh & this needs addressing FIX spawning on dead people , how is this not fixed yet
  • WhoNeedsABenda
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Operations needs some desperate attention but it doesn't seem like Dice cares about that game type at all. Does anyone play It? Just curious.

As for fixes, the most important is that it needs to be added to the server browsing area. This will entirely end the issue of people joining empty servers. Its ridiculous that the best you can hope for is doing the random search in the operations menu which of course doesn't let you pick the map or the game size.

On a minor note, I think scores should carry over between maps on operations and the end game bonus should count for the overall final score, not just the final map score. And while you're at It, maybe fix the bonus too. If you make it to the final objectives on 3rd map in the desert but don't win, it's not a "major defeat" by any stretch of the imagination.

Thanks for your time.
  • chawktrick
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Operations needs some desperate attention but it doesn't seem like Dice cares about that game type at all. Does anyone play It? Just curious.
    I mostly avoid Operations. I often spend several minutes in a queue only to end up in a match with no players and no one joining.

Operations is in need of several adjustments, particularly a server browser. But, for whatever reason, DICE hasn't been prioritizing this game mode.
  • robmcewen
    2929 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it might be important if people put down their ideas on how to improve the game even if other people have already said what you are thinking a hundred times.
  • ltfc68
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    hi I know this has been covered but it annoys me so I'm going to mention it again

I used to love operations but for a while now I can't find a server that has anyone in it,
    the only way I can play is if a choose a random game, it always puts me on the same map but it never starts me at the beginning so I have no chance of completing the summer challenge.

I have not seen this mentioned so it could be me but it is frustrating when you play operations over several maps for well over an hour to find they only give you
    a score plus xp etc. on the last map ,why cant the score be carrier over to the end, I might be wrong so someone can comment.

it would be great if you could choose any medal without time limit.

when someone kills you and you get the on screen 0-1 it would be nice if there was a smaller indication that youve got him back 1-1 in the corner of the screen.

one more thing which for me would make a great game even better would be if when you rank up to 50 , 100 and 110 you get a new uniform with added protection and a better gun with more power across all classes . to make it fair for the noobs anyone taking down a level 50, 100 or 110 could earn more xp , for me this would make it worth while otherwise what's the point in ranking up .

thanks!

Post edited by ltfc68 on
  • azelenkin0306
    542 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hi,

My points. I am playing the infantry most of the time, so my points are valid only for the infantry
    • Remove sweet spot. Only Headshots should be OHK. It's hard to find cover from every sniper in the game. But at least, when you're hit you have time to find cover or do something. With Sweet spot it's impossible - one hit and you're dead. I am OK with AA and Snap to Target, but Sweet spot should be removed from Scout rifles
    • Spawn only on Squad Leader
    • Increase the points for Defending flags. I stopped playing Conquest, because now it's just a Zerg rush from flag to flag. Every time I am trying to defend the Flags, we are 2-3 people trying to hold the position and in next few minutes we're wrecked by another enemy's zerg wave + >100 grenades
    • Decrease the grenade blast radius. Now, it's now like a Holy grenade from Worms, that destroys everything within 10-15 meter radius.
    • Increase the LMG damage or decrease the pistol damage. It's ridiculous when pistol beats the LMG, even at range
    • I don't know how is it called, but it happens a lot. When the enemy behind the cover and you see only his head or even part of it, but he sees everything and kills you through the cover. Maybe it's a server lag or some glitch
    • Weapon damage inconsistency, but i think it's related to a hit detection or server lag. Sometimes I am killed by Bar or Lewis faster than Automatico :)
    • Grenade accuracy. I don't know, maybe people are really good, but all grenades thrown at me fall directly under my feet
  • Nurvsy
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    my top wants:

-operations in server browser
    -an end to a-d-a-d spam
  • FritzCT
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Get operations sorted...90% of the time I'm put into an empty or almost empty server that never fills up and when I do finally get into a server with players it's invariably Iron Walls or Conquer Hell. Don't get me wrong I don't mind either of them but it would be nice to be able to play the other maps.

Fix spawning on dead people.

Get a decent AC to enhance Fairfight where it falls short. Not complaining about FF as it seems to do what it does well but it doesn't cover all bases and that needs rectifying.

I know ALOT of people have been shouting about the above so not too sure how DICE cannot already be aware yet very little seems to have been done about any of them.
  • CaptaPraelium
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Since this might be the one chance to actually get a message through, and I do greatly appreciate that, I'm going to ignore any of my personal opinions about priorities and get to this, and I'm going to do it loudly because this is the biggest by far of the many problems that have been covered here:
    THE #1 PRIORITY IS THIS THREAD!

EVERYTHING in this thread has been said before and it's all been done to death. We shouldn't need a special thread to help prioritise and provide feedback. You need to get staff to work with the community ALL THE TIME. Every single thread should be viewed and listed and prioritised and worked on. I realise that what I'm asking is expensive, but you should be aware that many of us would be more than happy to volunteer our time, if that's what is needed to make it happen. MAKE IT HAPPEN!
    This thread is a great start.
  • Major1agg
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dice listen! Please Please Please fix the spawning on dead players. You work hard, get the flank and kills and another squad literally spawns in and kills you! Also when you die and get revived why on earth does it spin you round so you are facing away from the enemy who shot you? WTF DICE?
    FIX 1st PLEASE!