State of the Game - Help DICE Prioritize!

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Enough DICE! Do something against campers. And no I don't mean snipers on hills. I mean this skillless pricks in the corners with lmg's or the goddamned Hellriegel. And mostly the bipod lmg's!

This is the fallout of TTK 2.0 which DICE tested thoroughly, this is how the game is supposed to be played now.
  • SlugSniper
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Enough DICE! Do something against campers. And no I don't mean snipers on hills. I mean this skillless pricks in the corners with lmg's or the goddamned Hellriegel. And mostly the bipod lmg's!

There's a fine line between "camping" and defending objectives.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »

Yes and that line is over there not here, everyone who has been around from before TTKTG knows what he's talking about.
  • SlugSniper
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »

Yes and that line is over there not here, everyone who has been around from before TTKTG knows what he's talking about.

Guess what the best infantry counter is to a camping LMG. Drum roll... It's Scouts. I find this mildly ironic.

I'm also laughing my rear off at the "fortification" mechanic coming to BFV. Not only will campers still camp no matter what, but now they can build and rebuild bases dedicated to their camping playstyle. As cool as the custom base idea might seem, I can already tell it's going to get a load of hate where Conquest and Operations are concerned.
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not that you people care anymore but hit detection on the Xbox is atrocious, I guess past threads where dice said they were looking into it was just lip service. The rt side of my screen is lit up like a Christmas tree with indicators and lag is just terrible. Like I said, not that you care, should just close this thread.
  • AngryDAD_7503
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bapman63 wrote: »
    Not that you people care anymore but hit detection on the Xbox is atrocious, I guess past threads where dice said they were looking into it was just lip service. The rt side of my screen is lit up like a Christmas tree with indicators and lag is just terrible. Like I said, not that you care, should just close this thread.

they don't care mate, ever since DLC dropped the game has been a mess.......

apparently its a AAA game???? guessing they made enough money for the investors from this game and have moved on to con people into spending their hard earned cash on the next game.

will be a long time before i buy any games from DICE or EA, spent 169.95aud for a game thats broke :(
  • maccobs
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Add these fu**ing bots!
  • Whanrow
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    apparently its a AAA game???? guessing they made enough money for the investors from this game and have moved on to con people into spending their hard earned cash on the next game.

will be a long time before i buy any games from DICE or EA, spent 169.95aud for a game thats broke :(
    They sold over 25 MILLION copies, @ around $100 each, so we gave them 2.5 BILLION dollars, plus of course premium, plus of course any in game purchases people make, so CONSERVATIVELY between 2.5 and 3 BILLION dollars. And you expect something for giving them all that money? How dare you! :)
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Whanrow wrote: »

They sold over 25 MILLION copies, @ around $100 each, so we gave them 2.5 BILLION dollars, plus of course premium, plus of course any in game purchases people make, so CONSERVATIVELY between 2.5 and 3 BILLION dollars. And you expect something for giving them all that money? How dare you! :)

Touche
  • AngryDAD_7503
    And you expect something for giving them all that money? How dare you! :)

yeah a game that is playable....... was i wrong to expect that??

all i got was Thomas Crapper styled servers that flush me at the end of each round, zero hit detection, sniper head shots doing a massive 22 point of damage, and getting one shot killed by any gun........ even worse is trying to unlock the perks, how do i unlock them when i am forced to play in severs that give me 300 latency ( normally i have 19) as no one plays them in my region??? how do i do my weekly medals when those maps are not on offer even when i payed for these premium maps DLC's. and now to rub salt in to the wounds i have to buy BFV to get the last 5 guns that have just been released for BF1.

• AngryDAD_7503
    here is a classic BF1 game play moment, happens more often than not.... the good old how the FiretrUCK did he kill me moment...... .
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4702 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tilaron wrote: »
    Another DLC released and still the game remains unoptimised and bug-ridden over a YEAR after release. I think this'll be the last BF game I play, it's clear they don't care about addressing issues but don't want to lose the addicted loot crate players.

Nice knowing you, DICE.

Erm.......Just no. In 2017, EA made $4.8b. So you are now claiming that BF1 makes up more that 50% of their global revenues? FIFA and the other US sports titles must not be doing too well.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/269696/revenue-of-electronic-arts-since-2005/
  • AngryDAD_7503
    edited June 2018
    HuwJarz wrote: »

Erm.......Just no. In 2017, EA made $4.8b. So you are now claiming that BF1 makes up more that 50% of their global revenues? FIFA and the other US sports titles must not be doing too well.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/269696/revenue-of-electronic-arts-since-2005/

That's net income, after all the cost are taken out....... Gross income is before costs are taken out ie. the 3 billion suggested above ( so take out wages, advertising, cost of equipment, cost of production and distribution, you get part of the $4.8B you are talking about)

• Sunspear7
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    How about more people on Incursions, especially for Xbox? I haven’t even been able to play a single game after hours of trying on several different days and times! I know that there is only so much you can do to make people want to play, but maybe DICE could have and participate in a FNBF equivalent so we can get a few games in every weekend? At the very least don’t make things like the ararebo exclusive to modes nobody plays, penalizing those that play the base game only, or can’t even play if they wanted to. Or make them only be timed exclusives, and give people another way to earn them, like what you are doing in road to Battlefies V right now for rare, pre-order and previously limited time items.
  • Whanrow
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sunspear7 wrote: »
    How about more people on Incursions, especially for Xbox? I haven’t even been able to play a single game after hours of trying on several different days and times! I know that there is only so much you can do to make people want to play, but maybe DICE could have and participate in a FNBF equivalent so we can get a few games in every weekend?
    Don't know about other people, but I looked into it, and the download is so huge it would take almost 24 hours straight, plus would use up 1/2 my monthly internet allowance.

I'll bet there are other people that don't download it, much less play it, for the same reason....these game companies have to start making their patches/downloads much smaller. Or do like COD did for years - the content is actually on the dvd, and you just unlock it.

Huge patches have always been a sign of sloppy code writing. Microcrap started it with Windows 98, now everybody thinks it's ok, when it's only a fix for crappy code writing.

• bapman63
    edited June 2018
    here is a classic BF1 game play moment, happens more often than not.... the good old how the FiretrUCK did he kill me moment...... .

This happens to me at least once a day and I'm on console but nothing suprises me any more. Logged on to the game and on the menu page it said have a great Sunday, the only problem it was Tuesday.
  • AngryDAD_7503
    bapman63 wrote: »
    This happens to me at least once a day and I'm on console but nothing suprises me any more. Logged on to the game and on the menu page it said have a great Sunday, the only problem it was Tuesday.
    happens all the time, shot thru buildings or land masses.
    Still more annoying is constantly getting kicked from servers at end of round!!!! apparently they fixed it??
    my biggest query is why i always get poor game performance when i have a latency of 19 yet players with much higher latency ( well over 150+) can one shot kill me from full health or insta kill me with gas/fire that's not even on my screen? just like my clip shows, for me this game has become unplayable 90% of the time, and that 90% is servers where one side gets 1000 and the other struggles to get to 200, and why i always get swapped with auto balance to the 200 team..... where ya get zero hit marker detection. i play on an Xbox1S

• ILLOGITECH
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018

AAA Game.......
    Apart from the Oceanic region server issues at the moment, WTF is this ?????
  • AngryDAD_7503
    ILLOGITECH wrote: »
    AAA Game.......
    Apart from the Oceanic region server issues at the moment, WTF is this ?????

looks like a standard game for me...... other way it goes is i get lots of hit registration and on get about 12 damage on them and BOOM im dead.

• Whanrow
    Interesting. You seem to run at least 25% faster than I ever do.
This discussion has been closed.