State of the Game - Help DICE Prioritize!

Comments

• Fleetwood1987
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can't stay connected to a game today ffs. Never mind the fact that it's just this game, none of the operations progress etc saves when this happens.

I really wanna play your game but it's still plagued with bs, I'm on Xbox.
  • SlugSniper
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    New page, new point reinforcement.

The history aspect of this game (prototypes and speedy tanks aside) gives it a special place alongside the upcoming BFV. There is still a lot to cover where WWI is concerned, so PLEASE do not let this game die.

Any mechanics that players approve of in BFV (namely the supposed spread and suppression changes) should also be applied to BF1.
  • DenkenSieGross
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok DICE, artillery trucks in the back of the map with 100-0...
    Nope! That's a problem. And you are supposed to "fix" that.
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The biggest issue in BF1 at launch was the insane amount of explosive spam, particularly from assaults, amazingly it hasn't changed one bit.
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Evils119 wrote: »
    The biggest issue in BF1 at launch was the insane amount of explosive spam, particularly from assaults, amazingly it hasn't changed one bit.

Hey let's not forget you could shoot down your own behemoth when the game launched. I kind of think that was a big deal.
  • SlugSniper
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Do you play a lot of Fort de Vaux by any chance?
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »

Do you play a lot of Fort de Vaux by any chance?

I play whatever gets rotated, Fort de Vaux seems to be a bit of a fan favorite, I wasn't specifically referring to that map, but since you mention it, I'm sure I'd love that map if it wasn't just a complete spam of explosions and gas unless you're outside where it's just people trying to snipe.

The explosive spam is pretty prevalent at any contested flag even on the most open maps.
  • GeneraI_RommeI
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lots and LOTS of complex EASTER EGGS!!! PLEASE!!!

(P.S: Loved the Snowman)
  • SlugSniper
    Lots and LOTS of complex EASTER EGGS!!! PLEASE!!!

(P.S: Loved the Snowman)

Please no. Waste of programming. We need new maps (Vimy Ridge and Tsingtao especially).
  • cylon0
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know it's a little late to be leaving BF1 suggestions but the original release was so bad, I stopped playing after two weeks and didn't pick it back up until late March 2018.

When I first played BF1, it was so close to the - in my opinion - terrible game called SW Battlefront, I couldn't stand the mechanics.

Coming form years of playing BFBC2, MOH, BF3 and BF4, the original implementation of BF1 was sick a disappointment to me.

Now, with all the updates, BF1 feels like the great game I would have expected it to be a year and a half ago.
    I would like to commend the development team for that.

My suggestion is to not allow bombers to behave like drones. WWI bombers should not have the precision of a sniper. They should never be able to fly around at 5 mph without dropping in altitude quickly. Also, consider the bombers back then had to fly as well as drop the grenades. I'm sure it was pretty imprecise.

I can understand making it so people want to fly bombers, but they should not be able to take out most of the enemy team on every pass over a map.
  • LiuzhouMtBrotha
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Respawn location sometimes is confusing
  • darba301
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This game is so frustrating lately, the auto balancing after each round is sooooo broken right now its not even funny. Join a server to a team thats getting a spanking only to persevere and finish the round out and hope to turn things around in the next round, oh wait the round begins - 'Autobalancing' oh i got a great idea, im going to move across the squad that was on the losing side and topped their leaderboard and join them up with the 10 man squad all with the same platoon/clan name (and swapping sides at the beginning of each round to be on the same side) and lets have all the standout players from the last round together, that will make it interesting surely, 'Autobalancing' I dont think your right in the head go sort yourself out. This causes unbelievable frustrating, players drop, this causes more frustration for those that stay, and the knock on effect, others join and the cycle begins again. Fix it please, you've designed a game to connect millions over the internet with great complexity, an algorithm to auto balance correctly should surely be childsplay. Oh and the servers are absolute garbage lately with disconnects please sort this too, joining new servers over and over again and only ever getting into ones because people are leaving cos their getting a spanking (you get where this one goes too) is not my idea of a fun night playing battlefield. Maybe solo joinable servers and clan or squad servers seperate as a filter option for people that dont have 20 platoon/clan mates, just saying.
  • darba301
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Respawn location sometimes is confusing

And broken - spawning at the back of Charlie outside the walls on Ballroom Blitz only to be face to face with an enemy heavy tank or a support player setting up camp with his flask, biscuits and bipod
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    That stutter.
  • Whanrow
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    darba301 wrote: »
    Maybe solo joinable servers and clan or squad servers seperate as a filter option for people that dont have 20 platoon/clan mates, just saying.
    The balancing is even worse than you think. I've been moved out of my squad, out of my party, and out of my team, and moved over to the other team! Dice promised if you were in a party and squad, you would never be broken up - not true, so even that basic functionality doesn't work right.
  • oOoYeaboioOo
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Please allow for a server side option to set the default squad size from 4 to 6. Give server admins the option to choose and let us play with more of our friends. 64 player servers are the only thing that pose an issue because 2 people could potentially be left out but there is no guarantee that will always be the case as squads do not always fill up in every server and room becomes readily available each round. There are also players who enjoy playing rogue. Taking all of this into consideration, leave it to the server admins to decide.

Thank you.
  • DaHuntzMen
    282 postsUnconfirmed, Member, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice needs to return the servers to the communities like it was in the old days.
  • AngryDAD_7503
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    servers are still laggy and unplayable. still getting kicked at end round, crap hit marker detection..... when is dice going to fix this????
    been watching a few BFV clips and to be honest i can see a lot of the same issues in this new game, makes me wonder if its taken 2 years to get BF1 to not work, how are we to believe that BFV will work at all when there is only 4 months to release........ people have been complaining on this thread since July 19th 2017 about netcode and server issues and if anything they have gotten worse!!!!!
  • H34dsUP
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A good vehicle destroyed stat.

So many players are asking for it, some threads go back to 2016.

I run assault for only one reason, to blow vehicles up but I cannot see how many I have actually destroyed.
  • ILLOGITECH
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    servers are still laggy and unplayable. still getting kicked at end round, crap hit marker detection..... when is dice going to fix this????
    been watching a few BFV clips and to be honest i can see a lot of the same issues in this new game, makes me wonder if its taken 2 years to get BF1 to not work, how are we to believe that BFV will work at all when there is only 4 months to release........ people have been complaining on this thread since July 19th 2017 about netcode and server issues and if anything they have gotten worse!!!!!

I agree. The way BF1 is at the moment, you would have to be crazy to pre-order BFV. Why would you want to pay top dollar for a load of headaches just for a few skins ?
    I know I'll be confirming the feedback in here on performance before I even think about buying it.

This discussion has been closed.