State of the Game - Help DICE Prioritize!

Comments

• ChaoticallyCalm
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well I stoked for that as well, quake champs is out check that, but I still Want incursions, Its really the ultimate way to play and see how you fit in the puzzle that is Battlefield, Its not dead, the other day i saw one game, Love to see it take off, if you dont have INCURSIONS, you can get it in Battlefield 1, its in the options section, just click the link and Install, recommend the training level then proceed. And bf1 has at least a few presents to give before your "done" with it, i assume you are a dedicated fan, so Shock operations jsut landed, and now we have the2nd week of the road to BFV, Hope to see you there.
  • beetroot888
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Fix your God damn servers. Wtf can't this be fixed? 2 freaking yrs dealing with this crap.
  • Rufusw5
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Broken. Like dice reads these posts. What a joke this game has become

I don't think they care.

Given the time between the last BF1 DLC and BFV they're probably frantically chasing problems, trying to get BFV loosely playable ready for launch.

BF1 will be the last thing on their mind, which is a shame really, TTK2 seems to have really sucked the fun out of the game for me.
  • SlugSniper
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/149064/a-full-fledged-dlc-for-japan-and-canada/p1

Read this, please.

I've been obsessively saying that BF1 should not be abandoned in favor of BFV, and it's because I truly mean it. This game is not "complete" for lack of a better word. The thread that I've linked only covers two potential fronts that could be added to BF1; there's still the Caucasus and African fronts that have not been explored yet along with a plethora of factions that could be added.

This game is art, DICE. It's an FPS that drove many people, including myself, to dive into the history of the First World War and learn even the smallest details about it. It has absolutely dominated the market where WWI shooters are concerned.

No, I'm not interested in BFV, but that doesn't mean I won't buy the title after that. However, if I see Battlefield 1 and its completely unique setting left to rust and fade away, my trust is lost.
  • beetroot888
    Matchmaking fails, server drops, etc... too many issues for me to spend any of my hard earned money on this crap anymore. Dice sucks and the more we buy these crap games the more they sell them to us. Wake up dice
  • totmanscfc
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Servers are terrible. 80% of the time I can't find them, especially EU servers for TDM or Domination. Sometimes I can literally go on and only find 1 or 2 US/JP server's which leaves my latency ridiculously high and unplayable as I'm based in the UK!!
  • AngelofMirth1
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    totmanscfc wrote: »
    Servers are terrible. 80% of the time I can't find them, especially EU servers for TDM or Domination. Sometimes I can literally go on and only find 1 or 2 US/JP server's which leaves my latency ridiculously high and unplayable as I'm based in the UK!!

yes I have noticed an increase in being placed in empty servers.
  • beetroot888
    Dice servers are trash. Don't be fooled into thinking bfv will be any different.
  • txavi8or
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    This last update has totally broken the game. The laggy response, party chat broke and generally poor playing mechanics. WTF is wrong with DICE to put out an update without testing it for playability. Morons, just greedy morons and they want us to be patient while they feverishly work on a fix. How about just putting out a good update.
  • fs2097
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    txavi8or wrote: »
    This last update has totally broken the game. The laggy response, party chat broke and generally poor playing mechanics. WTF is wrong with DICE to put out an update without testing it for playability. Morons, just greedy morons and they want us to be patient while they feverishly work on a fix. How about just putting out a good update.

Bro, I agree with that. I was playing ops and I accidentally hit the option button (also known as start). I couldn't go back, it gave me the screen of "end of round", while the game was still going on, I was doing good and was the MVP but the only way to get out of the screen was to quit the game.

An another thing they messed up is match making and joining. Joining a server, getting in a team which has at least 8 players less that the opposite team. So it's more like a 13 vs 20. And when new guys join they end up in the team with the most players resulting your team being a couple players short and losing the game.

Yesterday in Monte Grappa, one guy literally shot me trough the wall. Today I got sniped while being in cover behind a thick wall. The bullet went straight to the concrete wall.

Sometimes I shoot a guy who's just a couple meters in front of me, having him in sight and I load the entire clip in him... he gets no damage while he kills me with literally one single bullet, and it's not even a headshot.

I swear I played all the BF games since the first one. On console they messed it up. It seems that with every update they release the horrible the game gets.
  • fs2097
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    Hey sometimes fixing something causes more problems. its not like its as easy as using a light switch just using one, i dont know how to make one, I do know a little about programming, and its alot of CODE, ontop of different vid cards, computer setups, software thats installed on your pc alone, as i have different software on mine. All these could upset or conflict with something, If you want to just stick with bf itself well something written back when, with an update could be a disaster then imagine the stress as soon as that problem arises, I think programmers are pretty fast at fixing problems, dealing with complaints, They cared enough to create it then you know they will fix it, technically its a living resume, part of the new permanent record.

I'm a C/C++ and Assembly coder. This isn't totally true, your argument of "ontop of different vid cards, computer setups, software thats installed on your pc alone, as i have different software on mine. All these could upset or conflict with something" is wrong, we're talking here about the console version. Beside there isn't much conflicting software in your scenario, maybe the firewall or antivirus could block something but thats it. Also all the lags, rubber banding, broken game has nothing to do with the setup. In this case it's a server problem. I mean bro, don't they even test the patches before they release them?

If they really cared they would do hotfixes just like how Rockstar does it with GTA, but DICE doesn't do it because they don't care.

BTW with coding languages do you know?
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    fs2097 wrote: »
    txavi8or wrote: »

Bro, I agree with that. I was playing ops and I accidentally hit the option button (also known as start). I couldn't go back, it gave me the screen of "end of round", while the game was still going on, I was doing good and was the MVP but the only way to get out of the screen was to quit the game.

An another thing they messed up is match making and joining. Joining a server, getting in a team which has at least 8 players less that the opposite team. So it's more like a 13 vs 20. And when new guys join they end up in the team with the most players resulting your team being a couple players short and losing the game.

Yesterday in Monte Grappa, one guy literally shot me trough the wall. Today I got sniped while being in cover behind a thick wall. The bullet went straight to the concrete wall.

Sometimes I shoot a guy who's just a couple meters in front of me, having him in sight and I load the entire clip in him... he gets no damage while he kills me with literally one single bullet, and it's not even a headshot.

I swear I played all the BF games since the first one. On console they messed it up. It seems that with every update they release the horrible the game gets.

Dude, I am seeing this all the time. It's ridiculous, and they need to do something about for the sake of BFV too. I can spend 30 minutes just trying to find a server for the love of god.

FIX YOUR MATCHMAKING ALGORITHM.
  • Colonel_Moe777x7
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Actually I dont get it since many months the disconnecting still until now and getting worse I cant play a single game always trying to log on serves it disconnects without any warning even in the same gameplay
  • Rufusw5
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The hit detection seems to be very off just lately, and the aim assist seems different. Sometimes it feels like it does nowt and other times it feels mega powerful.

There's something screwy going on with damage too, the Federov used to be an absolute beast, it's now borderline ineffective (What happened to it!?). At med range at times it does 14 damage per shot.

The LMG's were meant to be 4 bullet kills after TTK2, sometimes they are, then there's days like yesterday when I'm spanking 20-30 bullets to get a kill (probably about 10-15 hits watching it back). I shot someone once the other day with the Lewis LW, then paused (me being stupid) and they killed me. My one bullet did 9 damage. What gives?

Then there's this wierd glitch with aiming, where the recoil goes nuts and until you end ads then ads again the gun behaves like a jackhammer. It happens sometimes after taking a hit, not sure why.. is this intentional? If it's a response to an arm hit then it's actually pretty cool.

The 10 - 30 bullets to kill someone with an LMG doesn't feel fair when a bolt action rifle can one shot me from half a mile away while I'm running across the map, with the sniper stood up, twitching around to avoid incoming sniper fire.

Lastly, the horses need a 'Disable' mechanic to prevent them from being able to charge someone who is full auto firing at them and instakill them after absorbing a load of bullets. Some form of bolt or panic for the horse that momentarily disables melee and causes it to prance / rear up would make sense.

The trigger could be something like 50pc horse damage in 5 seconds or something.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is why I refer to EA using the other classes as "clay pigeons".
  • Jknight256
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hey guys I just unlocked MP1918 legendary arras siegfriedstellung skin and it's not showing up in my inventory? Anyone else have this problem Thanks!!
  • zRamix97
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The medals must be correct. Do it where you can progress on all the medals at the same time, not just on an individual medal at a time, so it's impossible to progress in the game faster.
  • ChaoticallyCalm
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    zRamix97 wrote: »
    The medals must be correct. Do it where you can progress on all the medals at the same time, not just on an individual medal at a time, so it's impossible to progress in the game faster.

does this make sense to anyone else? To try to make sense of what you said. Medals dont really mean anything, if your going for the assignments this doesnt require medals. As far as your level is concerned it means nothing, just playing over time will get your up in levels, this proves again nothing. If your trying to get your class up to 10 since really thats the only rank that matters so you can get the weapon at 10. All of this is basic early gameplay. Starting to feel like i should stop playing games, since I cant deal with the way people play games anymore.
  • ChaoticallyCalm
    sorry for my post, alot of these comments don't make sense, so i must be wrong, keep up the excellent work in helping make games better. Developers thanks for the games you have brought over the years, to bad they weren't allowed to evolve, if its possible keep designing and don't let others ruin your creation.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The matchmaking! Sweet mother of god better matchmaking!!

Absolutely amazing game though, thank you so much for your hard work
This discussion has been closed.