How do I drop Ammo in Support Class?

cdawg2344
postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I've just started playing the Support Class and cannot figure out what I need to do to drop ammo. Literally, what buttons do I push in PS4?

Comments

  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's the directional pad buttons (left & right). Depends on which gadget slot you have the ammo in- 1 gadget slot is left pad, the other gadget slot is right pad.

  • Jayremie570
    1631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    L or r directional pad. Though i suggest running pouches and remap controls to down-directional pad.

    Dont have to take your hands of the stick to throw ammo or pull out syringe. Makes for some quick revives.
  • Jayremie570
    1631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A lot of nice helpful guys here. Another control tip: Lets say you equip the ammo pouch to the left D pad. If you then put your reticle on a teammate that needs ammo and hit the left d pad, you will throw a pouch to him and resupply him. Its amazing how far you can throw the pouches.

    I think its 20 or 25 m. Yeah its a pretty far toss.
  • JLennon83
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    cdawg2344 wrote: »
    I've just started playing the Support Class and cannot figure out what I need to do to drop ammo. Literally, what buttons do I push in PS4?

    Have you heard of this thing called a Menu? There you can see what all the buttons do. LOL Durr
  • zoinkersScoob
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To us who spam the R1 for spotting it's actually better (pointswise) to play either medic or support than scout.

    You get just as many spotbonuses as you would as scout and the pouches give you even more points.

  • JLennon83
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    JLennon83 wrote: »
    cdawg2344 wrote: »
    I've just started playing the Support Class and cannot figure out what I need to do to drop ammo. Literally, what buttons do I push in PS4?

    Have you heard of this thing called a Menu? There you can see what all the buttons do. LOL Durr

    Is your first name Richard by chance? Seems like every post you comment on is always being derogatory? Either help the guy or shut up already as your comment added absolutely nothing of value. Much like many of your comments I've recently come across!

    I did give help. Posting on a forum instead of using common sense to check the game's menu to see what the controls are is laziness. How about you stop being a snowflake.
  • llIBertIll
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    JLennon83 wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    JLennon83 wrote: »
    cdawg2344 wrote: »
    I've just started playing the Support Class and cannot figure out what I need to do to drop ammo. Literally, what buttons do I push in PS4?

    Have you heard of this thing called a Menu? There you can see what all the buttons do. LOL Durr

    Is your first name Richard by chance? Seems like every post you comment on is always being derogatory? Either help the guy or shut up already as your comment added absolutely nothing of value. Much like many of your comments I've recently come across!

    I did give help. Posting on a forum instead of using common sense to check the game's menu to see what the controls are is laziness. How about you stop being a snowflake.

    Or he is new to gaming and does not know a menu exists. In which case the non Richard thing to do would be to politely point this out without making fun of him. Maybe even be really helpful and let him know he can get to the menu by pressing the options button, select controls, then control schemes will show you what each button does.
    You could even go one step further and point him to something like thebrokenmachine YouTube settings guide on the assumption that this may help him out greatly
  • JLennon83
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    llIBertIll wrote: »
    JLennon83 wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    JLennon83 wrote: »
    cdawg2344 wrote: »
    I've just started playing the Support Class and cannot figure out what I need to do to drop ammo. Literally, what buttons do I push in PS4?

    Have you heard of this thing called a Menu? There you can see what all the buttons do. LOL Durr

    Is your first name Richard by chance? Seems like every post you comment on is always being derogatory? Either help the guy or shut up already as your comment added absolutely nothing of value. Much like many of your comments I've recently come across!

    I did give help. Posting on a forum instead of using common sense to check the game's menu to see what the controls are is laziness. How about you stop being a snowflake.

    Or he is new to gaming and does not know a menu exists. In which case the non Richard thing to do would be to politely point this out without making fun of him. Maybe even be really helpful and let him know he can get to the menu by pressing the options button, select controls, then control schemes will show you what each button does.
    You could even go one step further and point him to something like thebrokenmachine YouTube settings guide on the assumption that this may help him out greatly

    When you buy something, I don't care what it is, it comes with a form of instructions. Games don't include manuals anymore unfortunately, but it does have a menu and it's not hard to find out for yourself what everything does. I'd say you owe it to yourself to learn about what ever it is you buy. Just by playing single player you learn how to do all of that. It's laziness.
    Post edited by JLennon83 on
  • BlackGoatShubby
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    thanks for asking this question i had the same question but for PC, this has been somewhat helpful. I am new to fps and also need to figure out how to use the spotting scope on recon and how to extend the bipod on some guns thanks
  • zoinkersScoob
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    thanks for asking this question i had the same question but for PC, this has been somewhat helpful. I am new to fps and also need to figure out how to use the spotting scope on recon and how to extend the bipod on some guns thanks

    I’ve only played on PS but think it goes for PC as well.
    The scope is a good gadget if used properly and it benefits your whole team.
    It’s a good way to be appriciated both as a scout and as a beginner.

    Just like Ammo you got it assigned to a key which you press to activate it.
    You then get in cover -there’s a reason it’s a periscope and not a pair of binoculars.

    Then you press whatever key you press to aim down sight and voilà -you are using it.

    When I am using it, which is very not often, I spam the Spot-button. Not sure it’s needed though.

    The enemies you spot with it will be highlighted with a red contour to all of your teammates and you’ll get points for any highlighted enemy that is killed.

    It’s absolute gold, especially for pilots.

    So don’t use it in the way most scouts do, only to see your own target -stay put for a while and spot enemies for your friendlies.
Sign In or Register to comment.