Scoring system question

Duece09
185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited July 2017
So, since the latest update certain names on the score board are grayed out and others are just normal white in color. Whats this all about? Secondly, sometimes when I check the score board like right before the round ends I'll be say like 5th or something random like that. Then, when I check the scoreboard at the end of the round I drop all the way to like 15th or something. Anyone know why the sudden drop, and sometime sudden rise of others? A lot of the time I'll be in like top 5 all round and check it right when round ends before the end of game screen comes up and I'm still in top 5. Then when I check end of game screen I drop a ton and all of a sudden these guys get a crap ton of points once game ends.

Comments

• bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think, at the beginning of a round the leader board is set up alphabetically once you start accumulating points then it sets it up highest to lowest.
  • Duece09
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bapman63 wrote: »
    I think, at the beginning of a round the leader board is set up alphabetically once you start accumulating points then it sets it up highest to lowest.

I understand that. What I'm saying is the game is literally over you see the words victory or defeat on your screen depending on what side you're on. You check the scoreboard real quick before it goes to the end of game screen with all the highlights and so on and you're like fifth on the scoreboard. Then once the end of the game screen comes up the one where you can check the highlights check your squad and personal scores you check the scoreboard and all of a sudden you're like 15th on the scoreboard. I've had something like this happen a lot lately since the newest update and I'm not sure what's up

• Shizophren83
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We observed the same issue.
    Example:

Im the first in the scoreboard during the battle till the end of the round with 32 kills and let say 19000 points. The round quits and the end of round point screen is on. No I'm the 9. and the 1. is a guy with 38000 points and 9 kills.

How can this happen? And guys .... 38000 or I saw even 45000 points? How does that work?
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is a glitch going on with the scoreboards right now, where scores are being heavily inflated for Trial players (grayed out name). If you see someone with a 30,000+ score and a grayed out name, they aren't actually getting that score.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sort of on topic.. I often have an extra death added a few minutes AFTER the round has completely ended..
    I'm like 7-6 for example.. checking out the highlights etc.. then I go back and check leaderboard and I'm 7-7.
    It happens so often, me and one of my squad mates joke about it after every game now.
  • Duece09
    There is a glitch going on with the scoreboards right now, where scores are being heavily inflated for Trial players (grayed out name). If you see someone with a 30,000+ score and a grayed out name, they aren't actually getting that score.

Oh ok, trial players what's that exactly? Because there are a lot of them every match in my games
  • Duece09
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Sort of on topic.. I often have an extra death added a few minutes AFTER the round has completely ended..
    I'm like 7-6 for example.. checking out the highlights etc.. then I go back and check leaderboard and I'm 7-7.
    It happens so often, me and one of my squad mates joke about it after every game now.

Yeah that happens to me ALL the time. Sometimes when I'm in an airplane my plane goes down at the end of the round because I can't control it anymore then I get a death which is understandable. But sometimes I get a random extra death for no reason whatsoever