Destroy 2 planes with the Madsen MG trench

Austacker
430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Referring to this image for the upcoming new DLC weapons.

evj53af9lzbz.jpg

Parabellum MG14/17 Low Weight
Destroy 2 planes with the Madsen MG trench

DICE, have you just lost your fricken minds?

Who on earth thought this was a realistic, fun or even remotely Support related task that should be implemented to unlock this new LMG?

This is ridiculous!

Comments

• Austacker
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not even out yet and it's already an outrage

Battlefield

You actually believe that an assignment of using a trench LMG to down planes is realistic, do you?

I don't mind a challenge, but at least have it both realistic to achieve (without cheating), part of the natural course of the game and... *gulp* maybe even related to the functional role we're playing?

This assignment just defies all logic on every level.
  • Jayremie570
    1596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I already take planes down with mg's so not too too worried, tho i think 1 plane would be more realistic.

Alot of people will never achieve that.
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah im not looking forward to this. Hopefully ao few people unlock or a lot of people complain about it that they change it. Though i highly doubt it.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It should be take down two planes with any lmg not just one variant and the madsen trench above all else

It should also reward the suppressive variant of the mg14 not the low weight

• realistalive
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Unless DICE change up the requirements, "Destroy 2 planes with the Madsen MG trench" is going to be the new "Get 20 headshots with MP-18 Optical"
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unless DICE change up the requirements, "Destroy 2 planes with the Madsen MG trench" is going to be the new "Get 20 headshots with MP-18 Optical"

At least that was achieveable in time by just playing with the gun. I dont tend to fire at planes when the more immediate danger is in front of me.
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Oh yay a bunch of annoying requirements just to get our hands on the dlc weapons...'fun!'....

Really not looking forward to this..so many weapon I have to use that I never wanted to touch again plus yet again more in a round bs so gonna be threads forever about how they can't unlock it...

And now this kill other classes with this weapon? Really? "Kill 5 other scouts with k bullets"

Yeah whom ever it thinking these are a good idea needs to be checked nto sick bay; they aren't very well

Totally agree with you. At least the Fedorov Avtomat variants unlock requirements aren't too bad. But the rest will just be tedious. Many won't even bother.

Let's hope these new weapons are going to be worth trying for at least.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Noticed what I believe to be a typo. The General Liu "Stability" (Storm?) says "Get 10 Kills with Rifle Grenades FRG", but the icon shows 0/30. Great, another Rifle Grenade mission. :p
  • Troopperfofo
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The madsen makes a terrible AA gun why would they chose it for that challenge. The MG 15 or the Lewis gun would make more sense.
  • Wlnnie-Pooh
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    and it's clear by these requirements that DICE really doesn't get what people are asking for with more progression/unlocks. there just seems to be a lack of understanding between DICE and the player base.
    Well, this is exactly what i was looking for... some true challenge who force me to play differently from my usual way. I played almost 500 hours but there are some weapons that i never or barely used like the cei-rigotti trench and this is the perfect chance to try them.
    Maybe with madsen requirement people will understand how effective are lmg against plane and will stop complain against op plane.

P.s. 5 rocket gun kill in a round difficult? you serious? it's the most easy weapon to get kill of the game.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Expect even worse because you can only attempt it on conquest/operations on select maps and hope your team has crap pilots and no one is any good on the AA
    and it's clear by these requirements that DICE really doesn't get what people are asking for with more progression/unlocks. there just seems to be a lack of understanding between DICE and the player base.
    Well, this is exactly what i was looking for... some true challenge who force me to play differently from my usual way. I played almost 500 hours but there are some weapons that i never or barely used like the cei-rigotti trench and this is the perfect chance to try them.
    Maybe with madsen requirement people will understand how effective are lmg against plane and will stop complain against op plane.

P.s. 5 rocket gun kill in a round difficult? you serious? it's the most easy weapon to get kill of the game.

We'll you've had all this time to try them; I don't get why the game has to force you for you to use them. It's a pain in the neck for those of us who've services starred everything. I know for a fact I never wanted to use any slr bar the Autoloading, 1906 and RSC after service staring everything but now I have to use those other slrs yet again to unlock new weapons. I don't know about you but I find that incredibly frustrating.

Would've been nice to see a weapon unlock totally by class actions (e.g. Heals and revives only to unlock an slr)

Yeah the plane kills may be dice trying to make aware that they are able to be killed with small arms fire but to make it only from the madsen trench not just any lmg; that is a pathetic joke.

Umm have you used the AT rocket gun? You need all 5 shots to dump into a tank, chances of being resupplied, chances of accutally getting the kill with the at rocket gun, chances of the tank not killing you first

You could argue 'use it on infantry' which yes you can but it's terribly inconsistent and same as above only it's another player not a tank.

No one is gonna like assault players come the dlc drop if these don't change. People hate the classes enough without making the unlock requirements of new weapons use the most annoying tactics of assault

(Name one person who likes getting killed by the at rocket gun especially on conquest as standard infantry no where near any armour)
  • ANGRYharold
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

yes i'm serious about it causing a lot of rocket spam. i wasn't saying it was hard. i'm more annoyed at what the requirements do to the overall gameplay experience.

a Madsen isn't going to down a plane unless it's already severely damaged or the pilot is a moron. what usually happens is you'll hit every bullet of your mag, the plane will fly away and repair. rinse and repeat.

these things aren't challenging, they're annoying. big difference between a grind and a challenge.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I agree, these challenges are completely unreasonable. More and more nonsense based on luck. I can see every person on Sinai Desert spawning with the Madsen Trench trying to steal plane kills from each other.

And I also see the AT mines are making a return.

May as well add "10 kills with the gas mask in a life".
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not to mention it will mean tons of people just trying to get those mine kills or rocket gun kills in a round so they won't be playing the objective. They'll just be trying to unlock weapons.

But OP is right. The most egregious one by far is the airplane kills via Madsen. It will never happen. You'll never get enough rounds into one before they fly off to repair.

And the kills against a certain class. K bullets against snipers. I mean, why? That's not what k bullets are for. And 1903 experimental against medics. Makes zero sense.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11750 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited July 2017
    5 Rocket Gun Kills IN A ROUND,

That one, Is actually quite easy to do if you think about it.

Full tank with low health, Fire your AT Rocket Gun at the rear end.. BOOOM.. That's an easy 5-6 kills right there if it is the heavy tank fully laden.

As for the others.. meh

*edit*
    A good tip actually, Is to keep a close eye on a tank that is moving towards their own AT mines.

If you spot a heavy tank and it is heading down a road with their own mines directly in front of it, Wait for it to get close enough to the AT mines and fire your rocket gun at the mines, The resulting explosion SHOULD make the task easier as 3x AT mines is easily enough to disable, If not outright destroy an enemy heavy tank.

And as it would be your AT rocket gun that sets off the explosion, you would be awarded the kills.