Destroy 2 planes with the Madsen MG trench

Comments

• disposalist
    8983 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Just looked again at this and the only gun which has the worst unlock criteria is the parabelum which makes you wonder why that has the worst criteria? Maybe dice suspect it could be OP.
    Or maybe it's just *not* a difficult mission.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    Been watching this for a while and wanna give my two cents now..

I think this is (was) perfectly reasonable. Its a decent challange you get decently rewarded for.. Everyone wants everything given to them these days or they want things to be accommodated for them.. In the easiest way possible I might add.. Everyone is just "gimme gimme" anymore.. "Dont you dare withhold content I paid for."

NOW, I cannot believe they went and changed the requirement to any LMG.. I was honestly looking forward to completing this the way they originally designed it to be.. Oh well..

Whos sig is it that says "Can we all agree the whiners are ruining this game."? Boy! If that isnt the statement of the effin year..

You know, beta was awesome.. They could have fixed a couple obvious game breaking bugs and been fine but its turned into a totally different game since beta because of all these G-D crybabies..

What they SHOULD have done is make two games you could have chosen from;

1. One where they make the necessary "couple" tweaks post-beta and call it battlefield 1..

2. One where they constantly change, nerf, and buff things unnecessarily and call it battlefield boohoo..

Whatever tho.. Ill stop my rant. Its not like me..
    If I was a dev I would have settled for "deal 1000 points of damage to planes with LMGs" or something like that.

If I was a dev, I would be proud of my creation and kept it as is, minus the couple things that obviously needed "fixing" from the beta.. Not cater to all these crybabies trying to dictate how things should be, be done, or be played..

And lbnl, what ever happened to just playing a game cause you enjoy playing a game??
    Post edited by EdwinSpangler on
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just looked again at this and the only gun which has the worst unlock criteria is the parabelum which makes you wonder why that has the worst criteria? Maybe dice suspect it could be OP.

Well 50 repairs with also having to destroy 2 planes for the requirements for unlocking each variant is the most awkward and potentially time consuming. All the other ones are fairly straightforward.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I never denied its possibility. Obviously you and disposalist accomplished the task so there is no argument that it's possible. The question is if it's reasonable. At least in my mind.

Once the assignment goes live you're going to have dozens of people just bird watching. Which under normal circumstances would be great. Most people don't shoot at planes. I always do no matter which class I'm using. Even if I'm just a fly or annoyance to them at least it's something for them to keep in mind.

Getting people to shoot at planes is awesome in my book. It's the expectation of getting that final bullet and disregarding anything that happens before that which is not conducive to good gameplay.

Many people here have mentioned that having someone do a certain amount of damage to planes is far more reasonable. You take away every single bit of luck from the assignment and make every bullet shot at planes count for something.

A similarly unreasonable assignment is rifle grenade kills. Why force someone to take away health and revive in favor of grenades? Why not have medics, I don't know revive or heal people. You know, stuff that a medic is supposed to do. Getting kills with rifle grenades is not difficult. It just takes away from the medic function.

Why have scout kills with k bullets a requirement? For people who say that these assignments are to encourage and promote team play, the above two assignments completely nullify that argument. Period.

There is an element of troll factor in these assignments plain and simple. What's next? Getting 360 no scopes? Syringe kills? 1000m headshots?

Although I do not approve of these assignments at all, if you must have them, use them to promote good team play. Get medics to revive and heal. Get supports to resupply and repair. Get assault to attack vehicles. I said attack vehicles and not kill them because that also lays importance on whoever gets the killing shot. Get scouts to spot with flares and otherwise.

I don't think anyone would oppose the assignments as vehemently if the above assignments were in place instead of what we have.
  • ElliotLH
    9664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Well 50 repairs with also having to destroy 2 planes for the requirements for unlocking each variant is the most awkward and potentially time consuming. All the other ones are fairly straightforward.

50 repairs isn't a challenge at all. Just ride around in a friendly tank and hop out to repair whenever it's taking damage.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah get out of a tank to repair it then it drives off and you die!!! Great fun!!! Why not 50 kills with grenade crossbow or limpits or even 50 resupplies!!!
  • Giliaaannn
    1162 postsMember Member
    edited August 2017

I think many people just overestimate how difficult this is. It's really not that hard I think. 50 repairs is nothing and if you actually try to take down a plane with an LMG it will probably be easier than you think. Destroying 3 vehicles with K-bullets in one round (or whatever it is) also seems like a **** but it wasn't really that difficult and I didn't even cheese it by destroying stationary weapons or killing horses.

A big problem is that people want to force it and finish it asap. Instead just play the class and the weapons/gadgets you need, have fun and wait for the opportunity. It's far less frustrating that way.

Eventhough some of these challenges seem annoying and dumb the intention is ofcourse to get players to finally start shooting at planes and start destroying vehicles because the majority still just ignores them and many people complain about that in one way or another. They are just trying to give incentive to play the game properly. (The destroy 2 planes with the BAR trench was just plain stupid...).
  • IIRogueMachineII
    Well yes I get that. A lot of them won't take me too much grief and will unlock them by just playing the class the correct way as I always do. I'm just saying that it has the most potential for be troublesome for some(namely me) to unlock it.
  • GTA_Kid386
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Breaking news. The mission has changed to requiring 2 planes destroyed with an LMG (not specified LMG).

Great, now I only have to worry about the mortar part.
    (I've always hated mortars)
  • Sir-Smithsonian
    908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GTA_Kid386 wrote: »
    Gmkillers wrote: »
    Anyone on Xbox one want to cheat to get this ? I'll land the plane near you and you can destroy it... :smile: and vice Versa

Thats boosting and it's against the ToS. It doesn't harm anyone so I don't see why
    Oh yeah I'll help. Just land your plane and I'll shoot it till I destroy it then you can do the same to me.
  • ElliotLH
    9664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah get out of a tank to repair it then it drives off and you die!!! Great fun!!! Why not 50 kills with grenade crossbow or limpits or even 50 resupplies!!!

Only bad tankers do that. I play in a tank quite a bit (not as much as I use to as I prefer my role as a medic) and if I see a support player doing that I'll wait for them. If it's safe enough I'll even stop repairing myself to give them the points. Maybe play with friends or wait until a squadmate has a tank and get on the mic if you're struggling?

@GTA_Kid386 I was the same but have gotten to like them more with all the Frontlines I've been playing. I'd still take the limpet any day though haha
  • SavageTwinky
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This isn't a "challenge", its just stupid. Fire at planes randomly until you luck out with a final hit. If there was something to aim by damaging you could get a kill but there isn't. So it comes down to dumb luck and time wasting