Destroy 2 planes with the Madsen MG trench

Comments

• Esk1m0z4mb1k
    226 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Players who don't play conquest/operations say "Hi"
    I hate the MP18 optical, however I wanted the rib so I used it even if it was a chore. If they don't want to bother playing a single game on a gamemode they're not familiar to, then that's their call. To be honest the assignement can be changed to something totally different I don't care ; all I was doing is pointing out the fact that it is not really difficult to do it, I never said it was fun or anything.

crabman169 wrote: »
    Also it's using the Madsen Trench out of all lmgs.
    Seems like devs are trolling infantry players, console particularly :D
  • Esk1m0z4mb1k
    226 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Another proof DICE is detached from the reality that happens on public servers.
    Even detached from their own game.

I wish you were detached from this forum already
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Every support should already be firing at planes. If you support main and you have never taken down a plane you might as well switch to scout.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly the assignments are all so easy I'm surprised people are crying. The plane destruct is the only criteria I'm sure they'll change anyway since it's bizzare (why not use the MG15 Suppressive for this assignment and only involve 1 plane? I'm sure it'd convince people how effective ground fire actually is while being much more achievable and reasonable than using a high recoil mg without a bipod and a small magazine to do it).

It's not about the assignments being easy or hard to achieve. Like I said before, if one player wants a certain weapon, he will complete the assignment sooner or later.

As I see it, there are two reasons why people is "crying", as you say it:

1) The weapons are already behind a pay wall (DLC or Premium); why make the players grind for something they should already have?

2) It affects gameplay. We've already seen this when they added the assignments for the variants of the Lvl 10 weapons. If one assignment is about getting 20 Rifle grenade kills, suddenly the servers are full of Medics without a syringe spamming grenades all over the place. And now they have added assignments for Mortar, Rifle grenades, AT Rocket gun, Tripwires...
    So until this all clears up, it will be a explosives spam festival.
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I personally prefer not to have to unlock them via challenges. Just make it war bonds or something. By all means keep adding new challenges in but award a medal or dog tag for doing them.
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Perform 10 kills with the rifle grenade 0/30 lollol
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    Unless DICE change up the requirements, "Destroy 2 planes with the Madsen MG trench" is going to be the new "Get 20 headshots with MP-18 Optical"

Did that in 2.5 matchesof tdm. This one is going to take a lot more investment I believe lol
  • EvilSoul1321
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    All of these don't seem that hard except the destroy 2 planes with the Madsen trench.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IMO, it would make more sense for this assignment to be something along the lines of "Land 300 shots on planes with the Madsen Trench." It would make the assignment more achievable without being a ridiculous grind while ultimately achieving the purpose of the assignment (getting people to use other weapons.)
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just destroying 2 planes is hard enough.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Literally all you will have to do is fire at a plane while it is being shot at by AA. It is not hard at all.
  • Forkbeard84
    1838 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    Austacker wrote: »
    There is sure a lot of whining going on here. - Take out a plane with a machine gun? Never really tried that before. Interesting.

Words of wisdom from someone who's never even tried it. /facepalm
    What should they do? Give us the new guns with no effort on our part? That would not feel very rewarding.

No one is saying anything against an unlock challenge at all here.

Just give us one that makes god damned sense and is realistic?

Like you said yourself, you've never even tried to take out a plane with a machine gun.

So how on earth do you feel entitled to even comment here, yet alone lambast others for 'whining' about it?

So I'm not qualified to comment here? How many planes have you shot down with the Madsen?

Don't get me wrong, I've shot at planes with machine guns and gotten hits. I've just never destroyed one with a machine gun that I can remember. It has not been my focus in the game. But I think it would be fun to try to pull it off and now you even get rewarded if you can.

Like I said a lot of people whining because they have to try and shoot a plane down with a machine gun. Live a little, expand your capability, get rewarded. That's what I'm going to try and do.

• ashar_saleem121
    1354 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unless DICE change up the requirements, "Destroy 2 planes with the Madsen MG trench" is going to be the new "Get 20 headshots with MP-18 Optical"

Did that in 2.5 matchesof tdm. This one is going to take a lot more investment I believe lol

I agree. Never had too much trouble with the 20 headshots challenge because it just meant strolling the edges of TDM maps and cleaning out snipers ears with lead.

The 2 planes is going to involve a lot of luck, not skill. You have to be lucky enough to find a plane with next to zero health and land the killing shot amongst all the other people shooting at the plane.

And with any competent pilot, they're going to take a few shots and fly off to repair. And again. And again.

All the people who are saying this will be easy are just try hards which basically are translating to "Look at me! I'm good at this game! All you people suck!"
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People don't realize how much damage firearms do to planes. In one pass, I can do 20+ damage with a medic rifle. Did so the other night. Have also destroyed quite a few planes while a friendly pilot was chasing them. Get 4-5 people shooting at one and boom. This challenge may be their goal, to show players that it is effective to shoot at planes with their firearms. May not be the easiest challenge in the world, but it's definitely possible, and sounds like it would be fun to try.
  • BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People don't realize how much damage firearms do to planes. In one pass, I can do 20+ damage with a medic rifle. Did so the other night. Have also destroyed quite a few planes while a friendly pilot was chasing them. Get 4-5 people shooting at one and boom. This challenge may be their goal, to show players that it is effective to shoot at planes with their firearms. May not be the easiest challenge in the world, but it's definitely possible, and sounds like it would be fun to try.

And if it was with the lewis gun suppressive or the mg15 then fine. But the Madsen Trench? May as well make a challeneg of destroying a tank with the kolibri
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017

Yes but only one will get the kill then as more and more get their two the remainder will just have to deal with it??????
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

And if it was with the lewis gun suppressive or the mg15 then fine. But the Madsen Trench? May as well make a challeneg of destroying a tank with the kolibri

To be fair, yeah, I have only used that gun a few times, so I don't know how it would fare shooting at planes. Some guns suck at it. I was quite surprised how effective the autloading 8.25 extended was at it.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3066 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

No that would be easy, plant landmines next to a camping tank then shot them with the kolibri some time it credits the gun you shot the mine with rather the landmines.
  • Sword-of-Cyric
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    l_water_l wrote: »

Literally all you will have to do is fire at a plane while it is being shot at by AA. It is not hard at all.
    And be lucky enough that you bullet gets the kill and not the much more likely AA